Page 1 of 118 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: south park general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

south park general discussion/upcoming episode thread

it premieres on wednesday, 200th episode on april 14th.

press release of episode probably on sunday. discuss how excited or unexcited you are, depending on your feelings of the last season.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

A few small hints of what we may get this season are in this recent interview:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_475744.html

didn't think Season 13 was anything fantastic but I still feel like the show can churn out classics so I'm pretty excited for S14.

South Park has never really had a totally solid season anyway
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

i barely remember any episodes from the past 3 years but i recall liking season 13 more than 12.

so in summary, i have no idea how good/bad this season will be. i still look forward to new episodes anyway

My interest in the show died with Issac Hayes. Not that I think he was right about scientology or anything, but the show just isn't the same.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh, it gives me something to watch

Blog Entries

Awesome NY Times article. The 200th episode sounds amazing, can't wait.

I'm surprised by the comment that Trey and Matt sometimes can't even think of any ideas for next week. Obviously I don't know what it's like to be a part of the crew, but I'll reflect back on a recent season and say, "This show could finish its run with a very little emphasis on current events." It seems like they could do doing so many "boys being boys" and character centered stories instead of voicing their commentary on what's happening in the news, just incorporating little details of such goings-on into the jokes or subplots now and then. I'd love to see South Park stray back into its very early territory now and then with the obscure, completely obvious humor and gags written in instead of all the humor relying on the plot. I loved the references to short-lived sitcoms randomly thrown in, and Officer Barbrady giving a report on Go Dog, Go is at the top of the best South Park moments of all time. Every show has its unique humor, though. Simpsons relies on plot-driven gags. Family Guy goes for completely random and off the wall gags. King of the Hill has the subtle humor hidden in the "it's funny because people are really like that" dialogue. South Park's humor is now all about the wackiness of the situation going on.

Btw, whatever happened to syndicating South Park episodes? They just stopped several seasons ago. Plenty of appropriate episodes that would require very little editing have premiered in the last few years. I know the obvious answer is, "Don't watch the butchered up MTV versions, watch it on Comedy Central." But sometimes it's nice to flip it on every now and then when I'm bored - without it being the psychic Cartman or succubus episode every time.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

the original Sex Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanGLC View Post
    Awesome NY Times article. The 200th episode sounds amazing, can't wait.
    Great interview. They say they won't be doing the show in 10 years now, but I'm pretty sure the show will still be on 10 years from now.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/10031...e_woods_comedy

sigh...a Tiger Woods episode. why can't South Park stay away from current events?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thardin View Post
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/10031...e_woods_comedy

sigh...a Tiger Woods episode. why can't South Park stay away from current events?
    Really, your asking why South Park can't stay away from current events?

I like that the idea of f'in tiger
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Quote Originally Posted by thardin View Post
    uh...because it wouldn't be South Park if they did that

I'm just saying, I know why they do current events. Just why can't they stay away from them? We have much better episodes when it's just the kids. The current events get tiring sometimes.

Blog Entries

well, did you really expect them to open up on a "boys will be boys" episode? think about it, every opener is either current events or a gimmick. besides, it's not as if current events = bad episode automatically. we haven't even got a press release yet, so chill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanGLC View Post
    besides, it's not as if current events = bad episode automatically.
    This would have been true 5 or 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Henry Killinger View Post
    I'd think of it much in the same way as The Simpsons' habit of having every episode title being some awful pun these days - at first it was tolerable and often clever, now it's just tedious and boring.

I've been rewatching a lot of seasons 4 through 7 on DVD lately, and Season 13 - most of the episodes which were based around things that will be irrelevant in a few years time - just doesn't compare at all.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Henry Killinger View Post
    nah, it's as hit or miss as any episode of the show itself.

Blog Entries

I just realized, there's two other unseen clips on the site. I have no idea if these are two different episodes, or all the season premiere. I highly doubt matt and trey have not only written, but animated the next three episodes, so I'm going to say it's just the premiere. still waiting for that press-release.

not surprisingly, though, it's all cartman focused.

hot off the presses:

From the Comedy Central Press Release:

SEX ADDICTION IS ON THE RISE IN THE 14TH SEASON PREMIERE OF
    "SOUTH PARK" BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

New York, March 15, 2010 - The latest in scientific testing reveals that some of the boys have a sex addiction problem in the 14th season premiere of "South Park" titled "Sexual Healing" premiering on Wednesday, March 17 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

The nation's top scientists come together to put a stop to the recent phenomenon of rich, successful men who suddenly want to have sex with many, many women. After extensive testing, some of the fourth grade boys in South Park Elementary are diagnosed as sex addicts.
    all right, sounds interesting. a little too much like "bebe's boobs destroy society", but we'll see.

nice preview clip
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-14-2010 at 09:19 PM.

They really have to slow the fuck down with the current event/relevant pop culture episodes. At first it was cool because it was used sparingly like a reminder of "oh yeah they can make this show fast, that's 'bitchin' as the kids say" but now it's gotten really tired and formulaic. I feel like next week's will be about how the boys will uncover a conspiracy where it turns out the government covered up how Eric Massa was born to and molested by a Tickle Me Elmo or something.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certainly looking forward to the 200th episode. Though I'm a little uncertain how the sex addiction one will turn out

the original Sex Pistol

Fuck, I can't watch the clip! It redirects me to the stupid german South Park site.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalooza View Post
    They really have to slow the fuck down with the current event/relevant pop culture episodes. At first it was cool because it was used sparingly like a reminder of "oh yeah they can make this show fast, that's 'bitchin' as the kids say" but now it's gotten really tired and formulaic.
    I still like the "current event" episodes, but it would be nice if they actually took longer to do a few episodes. Spent a few weeks writing and re-writing instead of doing everything in 3 days. The quality would surely go up.

Blog Entries

YES! I've been looking forward to watching some new South Park. The first episode sounds good only for the fact that the boys are diagnosed as sex addicts. Sorta makes me think of the episode "Proper condom use".
    How to remaster

the(david) white album Raoul Dukie's Avatar

200th Episode sounds like a direct rip off of the Seinfeld series finale.

Blog Entries

a recent commercial on comedy central showcases a myriad of clips advertising for the 14th season, however, these are all new clips, and I highly doubt they're all for the opener. the boys holding "legalize marijuana" signs, butters encountering an alien, cartman as a ginger, ak-47 scene, stan's mom vomiting.

there might be a chance that matt and trey actually started early this year and have episodes prepared somewhat in advance. I wouldn't be shocked that they finally tried to give themselves some relief for once and got a head start.

Tyrant onUSWomen'sSoccer Team D DEBBS's Avatar

Wait...I thought the new season is tonight!

Plan to watch @ 9:30 my time (I have Dish Network)

Didn't think this needed a new thread. But I would seriously buy the new Rock Band track pack just for this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W29t...eature=related

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Episode 1402:

A BANNED BOOK COMES OFF THE SHELVES AND INTO THE 4TH GRADE CLASSROOM IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, March 22, 2010 - The parents decide the kids are mature enough
    to read a book that was formally banned in an all-new episode of "South
    Park" titled "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs," premiering on
    Wednesday, March 24 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

The boys are given a controversial book to read in school that both
    excites and inspires them to write one of their own. When the boys
    discover that Stan's mom has found their masterpiece, their new
    motivation is how they can stay out of trouble.

Preview clip

Hm, definitely has potential.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

cool, some social commentary on banning books, with some current event status (salinger's death has allowed catcher in the rye back in some classrooms), but not too terrible. looks like it could be a fun episode, better than last week's.

unless book bans are a...sigh...government conspiracy so help us god.

Blog Entries

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Granto

Thread Information