Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: The Cleveland Show

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lmao reading through this thread. just filled with haters

Is $40-ish worth it for season 3 and 4? I mean they don't have any extra features. I mean they're at least uncensored, right?

Blog Entries

@Rehpotsirhc, the episodes are uncensored, but that's it. There's a list on the back of each set and episodes marked with an asterisk have uncensored audio, but don't expect the episodes to be longer or contain bits that didn't air on FOX like what you'd get with FG DVD sets. Amazon MOD releases are about as bare bones as you can possibly get, and the only real reason to pick them up is if you're a completionist when it comes to collecting stuff like this.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

@Shaunbadia I'd just like to be able to watch them on my TV and not my laptop. And uncensored obviously. They're like $23 while season one is like $3 though... But another question, does your season 1 copy have commentaries?? Cause mine doesn't... I mean I'm pretty sure it's been about a year since I checked, but I remember not finding them on any disc, but according to the wiki, they're supposed to be there.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehpotsirhc View Post
    lmao reading through this thread. just filled with haters
    Oh, PLEASE.

I will admit though, it kinda works as comfort food entertainment. I watched two episodes on Comedy Central once when I couldn't find anything else (one where Rallo is Cleve's ventriquilist, and one where Cleveland goes deaf) and they were actually pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

I mean a thread with 34 pages, the majority just being complaints, is kinda annoying. And everyone waiting impatiently for the last episode to air to celebrate...

This show is good OSS. Pretty sure you only saw the pilot as I recall? Honestly go watch Skip Day or Das Shrimp Boot and review them. I'd like to see that. Two of my personal faves

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, I had seen 3 episodes before. Two were awful (the pilot and Da Doggone-Daddy Daughter Dinner Dance), one was "just okay" (Black History Month). These episodes I saw later on however were all right. Nothing big, but maybe a 7 or 7.5.

Blog Entries

Please watch the ones I mentioned. I'd love to see your detailed review of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehpotsirhc View Post
    @Shaunbadia I'd just like to be able to watch them on my TV and not my laptop. And uncensored obviously. They're like $23 while season one is like $3 though... But another question, does your season 1 copy have commentaries?? Cause mine doesn't... I mean I'm pretty sure it's been about a year since I checked, but I remember not finding them on any disc, but according to the wiki, they're supposed to be there.
    Season 1 & 2 both have commentaries. There's not that many of them (Only a few select episodes of each disc), but they're for sure present on mine.

It's possible the commentaries just weren't included in the copy you have. I forget what region Sweden is in with regards DVDs, but here in the UK (Region 2) our copies of Family Guy's first 3 seasons had zero commentaries whatsoever while the US release (Region 1) had them for every ep of each set. It wasn't until season 4 that we started getting sets with all the bonus content.

With regards Season 3 & 4 of The Cleveland Show costing far more. That's likely down to the fact that they're MOD (Manufactured On Demand) by Amazon, rather than mass produced to be sold in stores like the first 2 seasons were (Simply because manufacturing DVDs is becoming more and more costly in an era where they aren't selling like they used to). With Amazon, they're the ones having to spend money on the discs, casing and printing of disc labels/case covers, which is why the prices of those sets are still so high in spite of how long ago they came out. They wouldn't stand to make much in the way of profit otherwise.

It's shitty, but it's not the only FOX cartoon to get this treatment (American Dad and Bob's Burgers got shafted with bare bones MOD releases as well), so if you really want them that much, then you'll have to just take what Amazon are offering.

Blog Entries

So no chance of the price lowering like most DVDs? Cause they all usually start at 20 and goes down to 7.

It's region 2 here, and my first 3 seasons of Family Guy had no commentaries either. But that's weird... I really wanted to hear them. and thanks to that now I gotta find a the first three seasons of FG, region 1 version but still region free. Hoping that exists..

Blog Entries

@Rehpotsirhc nope, the odds of the price going down when it's an Amazon MOD release are slim to none. If you look at the most recent releases of Bob's Burgers and American Dad on there I'm sure it'll be similar. Come to think of it, Brickleberry was also released that way.

You won't find "Region Free" versions of those FG sets either. You'll just have to unlock your DVD player and/or laptop so it'll play DVDs from any region and then import the sets from the US. Google is your friend for figuring out how to do that.

Blog Entries

Dammit... Well I'm gonna buy the last 2 seasons eventually then. No point in waiting.

Blog Entries

I bought the season 1&2 together package from Amazon and threw away my old season 1 (I got it for like one dollar and I wasn't gonna sell it for much more), but the menus are compeltely different for seasons one

This is basically what the one I have now looks like

And like I said before my first copy had no commentaries, but this one does. I can't find the other DVD menu on Google, but it's basically a shot of the Browns TV along with a bit of the living room, and the text reading "The Cleveland Show" is jumping to the tune of the theme

Thread Information