Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cleveland Show

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm soooo happy, I'm crying!

Death to the Cleveland Show!
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 01-30-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

They should have aborted that mess a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    I'm soooo happy, I'm crying!

Death to Cleveland!
    Just don't say that in Ohio

I like how they made a consuela reference in the last Cleveland show I watch, showing how much the umbeligal wasn't cut

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's announced death will be my Christmas. May Donna, Roberta, Fat Cleveland Jr., Rallo, and everyone in Stoolbend burn in rerun hell and all killed off in a Family Guy cutaway. Afterwards, Cleveland will come back, referenced constantly on Family Guy, and may none of us ever speak of this abortion ever again.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

It might be better if Cleveland doesn't come back to FG, otherwise they'll constantly make cancellation jokes
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Banned
    Blog Entries

You know Stewie will rag on Cleveland for cancellation.

"So.. Clev, how's your runaway mega hit show doing?"
    "Are.. are, the ratings as big as the laughter factor, b/c I... I... watch it all the time.. with my black peeps!?"

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Squirrel View Post
    It might be better if Cleveland doesn't come back to FG, otherwise they'll constantly make cancellation jokes
    Oh you have to realize Squirrel, Family Guy doesn't have a bar that tells them they have to have jokes at least some amount of smartness. No, they'll bring Cleveland back and fist fuck that joke into the ground. Over and over, each and every time closer to each other and more longer than the last until you wanna chop your balls off, cause they have the freedom to do it. To have the BALLS to make the most unfunny, drawn out jokes past their prime till the corpse of it is melted into the ground.

So anyways, how you Cleveland uh, how you comin' on that Spinoff you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big Show you've been working on for 4 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 4 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

Not only the low ratings are a sign of cancellation. Just FOX watching how it was going last year was enough of a clue when they announced a 13-episode order for Murder Police.

Blog Entries

If FG start making cancellation jokes at Cleveland, I'd be quite happy to hear Cleveland say to the Griffins "Lasted longer than you assholes did the first time around".

I know people are saying it would be kinda cool for FG to bring in Cleveland characters if the show ends, and Hell, I'd agree. But let me just ask you one thing. If you hate TCS, then why would you want those characters becoming permanent fixtures in FG?

Honestly, there's nothing left for Cleveland back in Quahog other than cancellation jokes and a date with a falling bathtub...again...and again...and again...
    How to remaster

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Oh you have to realize Squirrel, Family Guy doesn't have a bar that tells them they have to have jokes at least some amount of smartness. No, they'll bring Cleveland back and fist fuck that joke into the ground. Over and over, each and every time closer to each other and more longer than the last until you wanna chop your balls off, cause they have the freedom to do it. To have the BALLS to make the most unfunny, drawn out jokes past their prime till the corpse of it is melted into the ground.

So anyways, how you Cleveland uh, how you comin' on that Spinoff you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big Show you've been working on for 4 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 4 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.
    BEST POST IN NO HOMERS CLUB HISTORY PERIOD! I laughed so hard and read that bottom point in Stewies voice. God Seth Macfarlane is a talent less hack blowhard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post

Honestly, there's nothing left for Cleveland back in Quahog other than cancellation jokes and a date with a falling bathtub...again...and again...and again...
    if that his the case that mean they are bringing him back

Blog Entries

You know, I do think there's one good story that could be done if Cleveland and co. come to Quahog. A story about Cleveland being torn between spending time with his Stoolbend buddies and his Quahog buddies. The "Beer walk" episode of TCS kinda showed that both groups don't exactly care for each other much. "BFFs" also made that point.

Blog Entries

10 times

Blog Entries

I love how it never changes, like they only ever got Mike Henry to record "No no no no nooooo" once and just used it every time.

Seriously though, the only time that gag ever raised a smile from me was in the first Cleveland episode because of Junior hanging onto the toilet.

Blog Entries

Good Riddance! It's about time Fox canned this show. Granted, there has been a lot worse shows on Fox, but at least those got cancelled or had 1 season. This on the other hand, has 4 seasons and never faced the trouble of getting cancelled (I think) til now.
    Last edited by Teddy; 01-30-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Turns out to be 4 seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonFan55501 View Post
    Good Riddance! It's about time Fox canned this show. Granted, there has been a lot worse shows on Fox, but at least those got cancelled or had 1 season. This on the other hand, has 4 seasons and never faced the trouble of getting cancelled (I think) til now.
    Fixed.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Teddy

Blog Entries

Thanks for the fix. I'll edited mine's.

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    Just don't say that in Ohio

I like how they made a consuela reference in the last Cleveland show I watch, showing how much the umbeligal wasn't cut
    This was what I always hated. Good spinoffs, like Daria were allowed to move on from its predecessors and grow into its own. The Cleveland Show never got that chance, which sort of implies that it was always intended to be a temporary endeavor.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

I've thought about doing a spiritual successor to my show when it's finished, but it's kinda hard to when people usually give spinoffs a bad name. Daria is a great example of a very good spinoff that turned out great on its own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
    This was what I always hated. Good spinoffs, like Daria were allowed to move on from its predecessors and grow into its own. The Cleveland Show never got that chance, which sort of implies that it was always intended to be a temporary endeavor.
    To be fair, if Daria hadn't been as well received as it was during the first season, MTV would have put pressure on them to start bringing Beavis and Butt-Head into it.

As for characters from FG popping up in the Cleveland show, it's normally only characters that Mike Henry voices appearing more often (Bruce, Consuela and Herbert).

Not counting the first episode of TCS, which gets a pass for having to use FG characters, since then we've seen Quagmire, Loretta, Joe, Lois, Bonnie, Peter, Chris, Meg, Herbert, Consuela, Bruce, Stewie and Brian all pop up in some way or another, albeit sparingly in most cases.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

Make way for the Mort Goldman program.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lance.Uppercut View Post
    Make way for the Mort Goldman program.
    Oh I'll make way all right, just clean my blood off the TV when I'm done, won't you?

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Semaj

Blog Entries

Pfft it's all about The Ollie Williams Show!

I know it's all jokes but I do hope Seth doesn't plan on making any more spin-off's! Keep them in one show and just have FG and AD! ok?

Blog Entries

Honest to god I would not be shocked if this got the KOTH treatment, with six extra episodes ordered to make for a tiny little fifth season (including the holdovers) and they call it a day.

What's shocking is that they didn't even allow it to get to 100 episodes, instead ending with 90. They could've made even more syndication money with at least a fifth season.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there have been shows syndicated with less than 100 episodes. I just can't think ofany network that would want to air TCS reruns

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Adult swim is currently airing reruns and theres only about 75 episodes.

Blog Entries

I think the 100 episode rule is pretty debunked at this point, as exemplified by arrested development on IFC (53 episodes), it's always sunny in philadelphia on comedy central (57 at that point), and star trek (79)

plus all those shows with only 13 episodes (mission hill, baby blues, the oblongs) that got got reran on adult swim

I know this isn't a popular opinion here, but I think The Cleveland Show was more enjoyable than Family Guy and American Dad.
    I'd rather those two get cancelled and maybe this could have one more mediocre season or two.

37. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Thread Information