Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is the Simpsons Wiki so Horrible?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shutton View Post
    are those good for extreme beginners? or would i need some knowledge?
    i'd just use the old html honestly. sure it won't be a beautiful website, but you can learn html in about 30 minutes.

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

I once tried to clean up the wiki, and I tried re-categorizing many pages, and fixing up new pages people created, but it just got so irritating fixing the same crap over and over. New pages usually have one sentence, no categories, and in some cases, are duplicates of existing pages (ie. There will be a Ned Flanders and Ned flanders). It was a thankless task and I gave up before long.

It would be nice to see it cleaned up, but it would need a lot more than just one user trying to do it.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McClure View Post
    I once tried to clean up the wiki, and I tried re-categorizing many pages, and fixing up new pages people created, but it just got so irritating fixing the same crap over and over. New pages usually have one sentence, no categories, and in some cases, are duplicates of existing pages (ie. There will be a Ned Flanders and Ned flanders). It was a thankless task and I gave up before long.

It would be nice to see it cleaned up, but it would need a lot more than just one user trying to do it.
    I remember when you were doing that, i tried to help you but like you said people just kept re-fucking it up
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Looking at the Simpsons wiki and then Wookiepedia, i can see where your coming from. You'd think there'd be just as many 'loyal' fans wanting to create a diverse, detailed encyclopedia of the Simpsons as they are Star Wars ones but i guess not. Instead it's stupid 10 years writing about crap-all and buggering it all up. Sigh.

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about the Wikisimpsons. That wiki is by the far the "WORST" Wiki I have ever seen, they are so strict with their rules and boy do they take edits seriously. What ever you guys do, do not and I mean "DO NOT!!!!!" join that site, User:Solar Dragon will make your life a living hell on their, he did it to me and it turned out insultingly bad. He treated me horribly on there and now he's making up lies about me saying I harassed other admins when all I was trying to do is report him for his harassment. He ban me all because I was editing and deleting an occupation in an actor article countless times that I was editing, which I didn't mean too, it was just because I couldn't make up my mind if the actor was notable for being a comedian or not, that's why I kept on adding and deleting it countless times. He warned me twice to not do it again, but I thought he was joking, he couldn't be serious about that whole occupation edit, really? Unfortunately I did get banned, so I did try to apologize to him three/four times and he refused to accept my apology, he went on and told me that if I kept on going on about this I will be permanently banned. I was mad because this who block he gave me was ridicules, blocked all because of an occupation!?!? I literally told him that it wasn't a big deal, but he didn't care, he then accused me for talking back to him rudely, which I wasn't. Then he permanently ban me, all because I was trying to beg him to forgive me for my mistake. That's another thing, users make mistakes all the times. Even when we make a mistake, we learn from our mistakes and we learn never to do them again. I felt bad for what I did and that's why I was being apologetic to him, because I didn't like upsetting admins over a rule I broke by mistake and I always try hard to redeem myself and let them know I'm sorry. So here I am, trying really hard to be nice to him and yet he's still giving me hell over the issue, he is by far the worst admin I ever seen on there. Admins are suppose to help and protect users from harm, not to harass them and be strict with their users. So this is a warning to everyone, don't join that site! I hope everyone understands my frustration I went through.

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HomerandBartFan View Post
    Oh, I thought you guys were talking about the Wikisimpsons. That wiki is by the far the "WORST" Wiki I have ever seen, they are so strict with their rules and boy do they take edits seriously. What ever you guys do, do not and I mean "DO NOT!!!!!" join that site, User:Solar Dragon will make your life a living hell on their, he did it to me and it turned out insultingly bad. He treated me horribly on there and now he's making up lies about me saying I harassed other admins when all I was trying to do is report him for his harassment. He ban me all because I was editing and deleting an occupation in an actor article countless times that I was editing, which I didn't mean too, it was just because I couldn't make up my mind if the actor was notable for being a comedian or not, that's why I kept on adding and deleting it countless times. He warned me twice to not do it again, but I thought he was joking, he couldn't be serious about that whole occupation edit, really? Unfortunately I did get banned, so I did try to apologize to him three/four times and he refused to accept my apology, he went on and told me that if I kept on going on about this I will be permanently banned. I was mad because this who block he gave me was ridicules, blocked all because of an occupation!?!? I literally told him that it wasn't a big deal, but he didn't care, he then accused me for talking back to him rudely, which I wasn't. Then he permanently ban me, all because I was trying to beg him to forgive me for my mistake. That's another thing, users make mistakes all the times. Even when we make a mistake, we learn from our mistakes and we learn never to do them again. I felt bad for what I did and that's why I was being apologetic to him, because I didn't like upsetting admins over a rule I broke by mistake and I always try hard to redeem myself and let them know I'm sorry. So here I am, trying really hard to be nice to him and yet he's still giving me hell over the issue, he is by far the worst admin I ever seen on there. Admins are suppose to help and protect users from harm, not to harass them and be strict with their users. So this is a warning to everyone, don't join that site! I hope everyone understands my frustration I went through.
    It's not the worst wiki ever, it's great. It's a great community with lots of great information. I've only heard one side of the story, maybe one moderator was a dick to you, but that's no reason to encourage people not to be a part of an otherwise great source of information.

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Look, this thread was back when Wikisimpsons was hosted on Fandom/Wikia, and back then, I would've said that the Fandom Source book (a Simpsons fan site) looked better. But over the years the wiki has gotten way better and life as an editor on there is actually OK. (Yes, I do edit on there, as D'ohmer)
    Last edited by Return Of The Living Trab; 08-30-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Look, this thread was back when Wikisimpsons was hosted on Fandom/Wikia, and back then, I would've said that the Fandom Source book (a Simpsons fan site) looked better. But over the years the wiki has gotten way better and life as an editor on there is actually OK.
    I don't know what it was like in 2009, but I was talking to the guy who just posted.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was also talking to him. The wiki just looked like a mess in 2009, though it weren't their fault, but Wikia's incapability of the design.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Yeah, I was also talking to him. The wiki just looked like a mess in 2009, though it weren't their fault, but Wikia's incapability of the design.
    I just don't see why he discredits the entire wiki. Every simpsons fan should join it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    It's not the worst wiki ever, it's great. It's a great community with lots of great information. I've only heard one side of the story, maybe one moderator was a dick to you, but that's no reason to encourage people not to be a part of an otherwise great source of information.

Oh ok, I'm sorry. I thought it was a terrible site due to the fact the way I was treated horribly by Solar Dragon, I'm just angry that's it so frustration that he wouldn't listen to me when I told him I'm sorry for my mistake I did. Because like I said, users make mistakes all the time. I even begged him to forgive me, but he still refuses.

Im from South America and to be honest, the english wiki is way better than our Simpsons wiki.

Let me explain, a few days ago i tried to edit Lisa's Rival page, adding some details, changing two images order (first there was a picture from the ending with Lisa and Allison hanging with Ralph and then another image with a scene from the beginning when Lisa meets Allison), and also removed a useless fun fact in the Trivia page (It basically says that Bart made Milhouse wanted by the FBI, what an amazing fact, i could never figure that by just watching the episode). In other words, i tried to improve the page. A few days later some admin reverted the changes that i made in the page, with the images out of place and the FASCINATING fun fact.

Wikis can be made by any person, (hell, even I had a wiki once), so the admins doesn't need to know the basics of writting or what should contain their pages, or at least that's the case with some of the Spanish wikis I know).

Im sorry for my bad Engish, but i was really angry for that and this is the only good Simpsons forum I know.

Blog Entries

I actually tried to edit the same episode a month ago (this time, the character page), didn't know if it was reversed in the end, but I did get a note saying I should use the show preview button more, as I made lots of minor edits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    I just don't see why he discredits the entire wiki. Every simpsons fan should join it.
    Look, I apologize for overreacting about that site. It's just really frustrating when you try to apologize to an Admin over a mistake you made, like me for example, they refuse to forgive you and treat you like your a bad user. I was only trying to be nice to SolarDragon but no matter what I do, he still treated me horribly. Like I said before The Abominable Dr. Lenny, I'm really sorry for overreacting.

Blog Entries

It's OK if you need to overreact at times. I myself do it at times and I can understand, the Simpsons Wiki are admitting that the site is in some trouble, with unreferenced info being added into it.

Thanks, I just had to let out all of my frustration, due to the way I was horribly treated on that site. SolarDragon is just an ignorant user that will not take criticism, if someone tried to apologized to your over their mistake they made when they edit an article, you would never ignore them and treat them horribly like he did to me. It's just that I don't know what he heck his deal is against me and why he hates me, like I said before, I was trying to be nice to him and let him know I didn't mean to make the same mistake twice. It still doesn't give him the right to continuously treat me terribly and be mean spirited towards me and say that I'm the one that's harassing him and other admins, which I wasn't at all.

Thread Information