Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Simpsons Library of Wisdom/Vault of Simpsonology

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    It's a shame they couldn't finish out this series. I loved the care and attention that went into them along with all of the fresh and original art that accompanied them. I mean, it's not like we're getting much of any of that anywhere else these days with Bongo scaling back, the calendars in recycle mode, no new DVD/BluRay collections, the LEGO sub-line terminated, no new games outside of uninspired Tapped Out milking (often with non-canon content).

If I didn't know better, I'd say there was a conscious effort to scale back Simpsons merchandising across the board. I wonder why that is. Hmmm...
    Your avatar is oddly fitting for this post.

(reposting just in case you change it)

I assume this means that all signs point to the merchandise ending with the show. When the show ends, it’s truly the end.

At least we still have the unlock images in Tapped Out.
    Last edited by ataeaf; 03-01-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Quote Originally Posted by SchemingMinor View Post
    Yup. I inquired to their PR again as a follow up since a friend was visiting China, and I just to see the status of the series on their behalf. Well it turned into really, horrible news:

It's cancelled. Ka-poot. So long forever. Bye bye. Thus ends our saga. I suspected that it might have after the previous e-mail suggesting that its release was downgraded to just China.

Attachment 2829

Extremely disappointed and bummed out that the series have come to an end because despite being expensive, they were chock full of goodies and completely immersive in comparison to the comics, and we just don't have another batch of Simpsons books on the horizon. I looked forward to every new series in the installment. However, I wonder if anyone started work on Homer Erotic before they were told that the publisher was pulling the plug on it? If so, I hope to see the concepts for these unreleased books. My suspicion is that they might have stopped production due to low sales despite the first three books were pretty big sellers for the company.

If anyone has any questions about the status or demands to bring this series back I guess contact them on their official site.

https://insighteditions.com/
    OK, This has gone tooooo far, first we lose our DVDs now this?!!!!
    I hope they at least bring back the DVDs who don't want to use the site.
    I also hope this series can be saved.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess this means that Simpsons Funko Pop!’s won’t ever happen outside of the existing ones (Homer, Bart, Marge, Krusty).
    Last edited by ataeaf; 03-02-2017 at 09:56 AM.

That could be anyone's ass. SchemingMinor's Avatar
    In a black van across from your house. The one that says Flowers By Irene.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    It's a shame they couldn't finish out this series. I loved the care and attention that went into them along with all of the fresh and original art that accompanied them. I mean, it's not like we're getting much of any of that anywhere else these days with Bongo scaling back, the calendars in recycle mode, no new DVD/BluRay collections, the LEGO sub-line terminated, no new games outside of uninspired Tapped Out milking (often with non-canon content).

If I didn't know better, I'd say there was a conscious effort to scale back Simpsons merchandising across the board. I wonder why that is. Hmmm...
    Well just a few months ago FOX Licensing welcomed a new president on their Consumer Products branch, and in a few interviews they still aim to milk the Simpsons franchise, however I don't know if the shakeup has anything to do with the cancellation. Given that the popularity of the Simpsons Store in China included an expansion of a few more locations, the success of the SkinnyDip x Simpsons crossover, an upcoming Made in Springfield baby line that is supposed to be released this year and aims to open a massive Simpsons/Springfield expansion at the FOX Studios theme park at Dubai in 2018, the show is still profitable. However, it seems that the mainstream big ticket merchandise like toys, apparel, games, books and whatnot have been given over to fresh meat virgin IPs like Bob's Burgers and Son of Zorn (Toyfair 2017 had products of them but nothing else from the previous NECA Simpsons line or a new KidRobot series.)

The problem is that the show isn't being utilized as a property like it did when The Simpsons Movie was to be released or as a yearly cash cow anymore much in the vein as Disney/Star Wars, DC, Marvel, Star Trek properties. In a way I am kind of glad it isn't but, I miss seeing new unique material like books, art, plush, toys and games.

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/2...ivision/045315

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

I sent insight editions an e-mail after I saw these posts asking if they could think it over. Cause I really want the other 6 parts of that poster with the family on the couch.

Good news, I got a reply from them about the series, they said no plans yet to bring it back, but they would put in a good word about me wanting it back.

For the Library of Wisdom series, I only have the following as of now:

The Homer Book (got it from my sister and my sister's husband (she's married now btw) for Christmas last year)
    The Marge Book (got it for Easter this year)

I am planning to get the rest, since the Library of Wisdom is pretty interesting for my taste. It's a shame that there hasn't been a new LoW book since 2010 with Chief Wiggum.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

A 15 year old girl who loves The Simpsons and is also smart, funny, and creative.

Thread Information