Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 795



Thread: it's back



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #61
    don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spittle County
    Posts
    7,736


    That's incredible, awesome, fantasic, wonderful, super cool news!; Futurama's gonna come back for a batch of all new episodes and hopefully they will be as great and as funny as the ones from the early years 1999-2003, but I wont have too high expectations just in case.

    Even though I started watching the show on DVD post-cancellation a few years ago, Futurama was a show too great to be cancelled at all.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-10-2009 at 05:27 AM.

  2. #62
    Mod, eh? Tomacco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,871


    Uhhh... best TV news of the year, without question. I'm stunned and stoked!
    Signature.

  3. #63
    vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,365




    ...


    ...


    ....




    WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!
    UP AND ATOM!

  4. #64
    Dial M for Moe Moe Nopoly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The place promised in our early days
    Posts
    8,791


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post

    WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!
    yes, let's dance !


  5. #65
    So.. Chinese or Japanese? Swartzweldian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,002


    I still can't get over this thread.. It's like magic or something
    Days after some of us are assuming that Futurama is done for good - The show is officially back 100%. Not even another movie..The actual show is back.

    A story about the show coming back was even on Yahoo.

    Hmm.. Now let's just get homer5000 to just start a thread saying King of the Hill is officially done - and it magically come back!

    Regarding the show.. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.. but I feel so burnt when it comes to most shows nowadays, I don't get my hopes up. Combine that with the overall retardedness of Comedy Central.. Well, I'll stop bogging this news down with my never-ending pessimism
    "Socialism is inseparably interwoven with totalitarianism and the object worship of the state. It will prescribe for every one where they are to work, what they are to work at, where they may go and what they may say. Socialism is an attack on the right to breathe freely. No socialist system can be established without a political police. They would have to fall back on some form of Gestapo, no doubt very humanely directed in the first instance."
    -Winston Churchill

  6. #66


    WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP! (Scuttles)
    Hooray! I'm having a wonderful time!

  7. #67
    time peddler Enter The Moleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,306


    Pretty incredible, hopefully they can have all the original full time writers back.

  8. #68
    Stonecutter blueguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,074


    Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    Wow! Two seasons of Futurama ordered. Very nice.
    Pretty sure it's 26 episodes for one season. Per Matt's quote above, they have 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up to Fry and Bender in the year 3000. As there's 991 years to go, multiply that by 26 and you get the 25,766.
    Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.

  9. #69
    MOAR Semaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    8,043


    Despair replaced by cautious optimism.

  10. #70
    Hired Goon Adam R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    london
    Posts
    10,743


    I hope they handle the leela/fry thing by ignoring it. after this run they'll just have three finales and you can choose which one you like best. futurama doesn't have a strict continuity and it should be kept that way.

    anyway I loved the movies, the jokes were mostly good and the plots were disjointed but in a charming way that worked. I'm indifferent to more and will be until I see some. but I guess it's good news.

  11. #71
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,786
    Blog Entries
    5


    Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    Pretty sure it's 26 episodes for one season. Per Matt's quote above, they have 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up to Fry and Bender in the year 3000. As there's 991 years to go, multiply that by 26 and you get the 25,766.
    Actually, no, it's two seasons. CC was originally going to order one season of 13, and then ended up airing two seasons of 26. Seeing as they will most likely spread that out over two years, they'll break them into two...
    twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

  12. #72
    SuperFriend Nameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK-Land
    Posts
    9,391


    -celebrates, then realises that the UK might not see these for months-

    ...Not that that makes it any less brilliant news, of course.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

  13. #73
    . . . merzitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, England
    Posts
    2,431
    Blog Entries
    12


    When they say "Complete Collection" they mean the current complete collection. In England they released a complete collection which was made of 4 seasons... now that is not the whole collection. Also, it has been confirmed that Futurama is having atleast 13 more episodes made - or so I have heard.

  14. #74
    has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17
    Posts
    5,821


    Awesome news!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tofu Survivor View Post
    How about a next season of pure episodes, not movies-turned-into-episodes, that picks up right where The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings ends.
    Actually, it would be cool to have a series or a few episodes linking the last episode to the first movie - even in the futurama universe there's 4 years in which Planet Express was cancelled by the asinine morons at the Box Network.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    -celebrates, then realises that the UK might not see these for months-
    I don't know... the movies aired on Sky fairly quickly, the first two aired about the time Bender's Game came out. I doubt they'll be too far behind...

  15. #75
    AddminisGator Gatorgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Swamptopia
    Posts
    12,753


    Out of the whole cast, I wonder which one would be the hardest to resign?


  16. #76
    Stars and Stripes Forever D4C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    4,186
    Blog Entries
    5


    Easily John DiMaggio.

  17. #77
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,898
    Blog Entries
    137


    yea... wasn't it hard to find someone as Bender? cause they needed someone to sound like a robot? didn't a lot of people try that? or am i remembering things wrong

  18. #78


    Quote Originally Posted by mail.the.simpsonslover View Post
    yea... wasn't it hard to find someone as Bender? cause they needed someone to sound like a robot? didn't a lot of people try that? or am i remembering things wrong
    Not according to Wikipedia

  19. #79
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,898
    Blog Entries
    137


    o... i think i read that somewhere... maybe not

    When casting for Futurama, Bender's voice was the most difficult to cast, in part because the show's creators had not yet decided what a robot should sound like.[9] Because of this, every voice actor who auditioned, no matter for what character, was asked to also read for Bender. After about 300 auditions, series co-creator David X. Cohen even attempted to audition after being told he sounded like a robot.[10] John DiMaggio was eventually chosen for the role after his second audition. He originally auditioned using his Bender voice for the role of Professor Farnsworth and used a different voice for Bender.[11] DiMaggio has noted that he had difficulty singing as Bender in "Hell Is Other Robots" because he was forced to sing the harmony part in a low key.[12]

    that's what i was referring to

  20. #80
    grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    10,517
    Blog Entries
    2


    Homer5000, I think it might a good idea if you started a new thread called "new futurama episodes to be utterly shit."

  21. #81
    Pin Pal Nico32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    710


    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Nopoly View Post
    yes, let's dance !

    hahaha ^

    This is fucking awesome! Can't wait to see some new Futurama
    Thanks for the awesome times King of the Hill!

  22. #82
    Stonecutter Otis P Jivefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,032


    Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    Wow! Two seasons of Futurama ordered. Very nice.

    I'm almost embarrassed of the irony of this thread. I thought we would hear even a blip until Comic Con (late July), so I thought it was worthy of discussion. Who knew that only a day later it would be announced for renewal.

    I'm very curious to see them go back to a 22-minute format again. As well, this as also will put them over the number for actual syndication. (i.e. not just basic cable), but I'm rather unsure how the four DTVs would work...
    Remember that rather big arguement we both had about Futurama returning and Comedy Central? Because I certainly do. It was quite a long time ago and I can't remember the thread. I was argueing it could happen but you disagreed with me bigtime and we both ranted on at each other. Kinda funny now huh? Just like how the first page of this thread is funny too...

    Anyway I'm really happy it has come back, I always had faith even during the bad times when people thought I was stupid for having faith...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

  23. #83
    Pin Pal Pedro Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    267



  24. #84
    Stonecutter blueguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,074


    My only concern is if this show winds up back on Fox for Fall 2010. what time slot does it get? I'd guess the Simpsons will be still be on. I doubt FG or AD would get canceled. Maybe Cleveland show will suck and get axed after the first season? They don't dare put Futurama before the Simpsons again only to get screwed over with pre-empting again.

  25. #85
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,786
    Blog Entries
    5


    Quote Originally Posted by Otis P Jivefunk View Post
    Remember that rather big arguement we both had about Futurama returning and Comedy Central? Because I certainly do. It was quite a long time ago and I can't remember the thread. I was argueing it could happen but you disagreed with me bigtime and we both ranted on at each other. Kinda funny now huh? Just like how the first page of this thread is funny too...

    Anyway I'm really happy it has come back, I always had faith even during the bad times when people thought I was stupid for having faith...
    That must have been a long time ago, because I certainly do not remember. Which side was I on? Because before now I didn't even think Comedy Central could even pony up the money for new Futurama, let alone 26 episodes. (Fox paid for the DTVs, CC bought the rights to air them)...

  26. #86
    grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    10,517
    Blog Entries
    2


    A lower budget for the show would probably be a good thing, it might force the writers to focus on writing better character based humour.

  27. #87
    idiot savant Revolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    4,793
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    My only concern is if this show winds up back on Fox for Fall 2010. what time slot does it get? I'd guess the Simpsons will be still be on. I doubt FG or AD would get canceled. Maybe Cleveland show will suck and get axed after the first season? They don't dare put Futurama before the Simpsons again only to get screwed over with pre-empting again.
    It's not going to be on FOX at all. It's going to be on Comedy Central. None of those shows will even be on the same station as Futurama. I imagine it'll air after South Park.

  28. #88
    Stonecutter Otis P Jivefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,032


    Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    That must have been a long time ago, because I certainly do not remember. Which side was I on? Because before now I didn't even think Comedy Central could even pony up the money for new Futurama, let alone 26 episodes. (Fox paid for the DTVs, CC bought the rights to air them)...
    Yeah it was probably a year ago or something, and I think your argument back then was Comedy Central couldn't afford it and my argument was that it's still possible. Then there were other details argued about but I think that's one of the main points we disagreed on...

  29. #89
    Stonecutter blueguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,074


    Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
    It's not going to be on FOX at all. It's going to be on Comedy Central. None of those shows will even be on the same station as Futurama. I imagine it'll air after South Park.
    You know that for sure? That would contradict the press release.
    An interesting note in the press release states, "Twentieth Century Fox Television retains the option to license the original runs of the new episodes to a broadcast network," seemingly implying there is a chance a network (though come on, it would be FOX, right?) could potentially air the new episodes first, before Comedy Central.

  30. #90
    has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17
    Posts
    5,821


    Yeah I think the fact that FOX retains those rights is a good indication they will use them. I assume they'll be gauging what Futurama's popularity will be from the buzz surrounding this news.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •