Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Time

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

It's praised because it's really fucking weird.

Don't get me wrong it's a pretty good show though. I just really prefer Regular Show over it. Funnier and more relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lance.Uppercut View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is about this show. What's the joke? What's the gimmick? I watched an episode with my nephew once (and a compilation of clips by that Space Princess character) and was peeved the whole time.
    Heres a few reasons why I personanly like the show
    Mainly because of the main story plot they started in season 2 with the lich, thats what got me hooked to the show.
    The charecter development, like with Finn getting over Princess Bublegum, and Jake becoming a father soon.
    The backstorys and pasts of certain charecters like the ice king, actually explaining why he is so crazy because he is actually crazy.
    And sometimes the show can be very dark or even creepy, the recent ricardo episode was very unseteling.
    But I think the main reason why most people follow the show is for the origins of "Oooo" (the place they live in) everyone in the show is basically a mutant affected from radiation from "The Great Mushroom War". They are slowly giving us more information on this as the series is progressing.

Honestly at first I didnt like the show, I kinda found it annoying. The series started of as a little imature in season 1 and I dont think it really matured untill about season 3, when I feel the show got much more focus.

Blog Entries

Heres a great article on Adventure Time.
    "Why 'Adventure Time,' Now In Its Fifth Season, Is More Groundbreaking Than You May Realize"
    http://www.indiewire.com/article/why...ou-may-realize

Sorry double post, but I just had to post this

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Plus the animation is really fluid and unique

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Blog Entries

Oh yeah especially season 4 and 5 the animation is so nice and fluid. And the backgrounds are always nice looking to

I am OBSESSED With this show.

Season 5 premiere was insane. I love the creatures in it. Im not one for fantasy but this has got me hooked.
    Its slowly building a world and mythos. I didnt expect them to elaborate with the mushroom war but I guess
    the fans kept on asking for it.

Here's a list of thing I love about Adventure Time;

The Animation style
    dialogue Finn and Jake share
    The Nightosphere
    The forms they Draw Jake in. When he's mega big or in the form of a cheetah or car.
    Cosmic owl
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

Well Pendelton Ward has created a new web series call Bravest Warriors, it's basically a slightly more adult Adventure Time in space.
    I like them, I think if you like AD youll like this too. Heres the first new episode, theres a new one every Thursday.

Yeah man, You dont know how long Ive been waiting for this to come out.
    Was expecting a Ten minute episode, but at least its free. I've yet to watch todays ( second ) episode!

Junior Camper

Adventure Time is a well needed breath of life into cartoons. What impresses me most is that the humour is very mature but unlike other shows of that nature, for example Ren & Stimpy, it's still completely for the children. That's where the magic lies. When watching you become a kid again, immersing you in the imagination all of us shared as a youngster.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Some of the episodes are quite epic!

And I enjoy the overall story arc of finding out what happened to change the world into a Mario video game.

Things like Ice King really being a scientist named Simon whose girl left him b/c the crown he found transformed him into pure insanity with no memories and an Ice King.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 12-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just saw the first two episodes of Bravest Warriors. For a web-show, it's pretty good and feels like a grown-up Adventure Time. The animation is as wonderful as it and is pretty funny too. I kinda wish this was made into a full TV show from what epic stuff it can possibly create, but it being a web-show can work too. Maybe something from the show will cameo on Adventure Time eventually.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

I'll be honest. I just can't stand this show. Like, at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Just saw the first two episodes of Bravest Warriors. For a web-show, it's pretty good and feels like a grown-up Adventure Time. The animation is as wonderful as it and is pretty funny too. I kinda wish this was made into a full TV show from what epic stuff it can possibly create, but it being a web-show can work too. Maybe something from the show will cameo on Adventure Time eventually.
    I liked the original short but I haven't been digging the web shows yet... maybe they will grow on me

Blog Entries

I thought the orginal short was pretty bad

in a nightmare, i am falling vriskatime's Avatar

So i've just started watching this, starting from the latest episodes (first one was all the little people). The early ones seem very different going back to them, and aren't as good imo.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll just leave this here

Banned
    Blog Entries

For the record... I hated Regular Show and Adventure Time.

UNTIL I ACTUALLY WATCHED ALL THE EPISODES!

Now I love them both!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    I'll be honest. I just can't stand this show. Like, at all.
    Agreed, it's like watching a man-child's acid trip.
    Regular Show on the other hand....is pretty damn good for a kids show that doesn't have me under the spell of a nostalgia effect like the old Cartoon Cartoons, which, while still good, I can understand an adult who didn't grow up with say...Cow and Chicken or Ed, Edd, N Eddy thinking they were just weird bullshit the same way I think that about Adventure Time..
    How to remaster

I still haven't seen anything past season 2. It's been airing on French Teletoon since September but they keep fumbling around with the schedule and it's hard to catch. I think they're not sure which age group it belongs to because now it's part of the Saturday Morning cartoons. I think it deserve at least a 6 PM airing. I think it will sadly fade away without recognition for most (although I'm sure the fanbase here have seen most episodes). And they're probably end up airing only Season 1 which will lead me to "pirate" the rest of it.

Man I hate waiting for episodes. Especially when I don't know the air date.
    As much as I'm not into Fionna and Cake (it being the highest watched adventure time episode),
    I hate waiting. Rumor is next newest AT ep is in 2013

55b 3b "Bad Little Boy[117]" 1014-110 —
    This episode will feature Fionna and Cake, based on the production code of a preview storyboard posted by Fred Seibert.[118]
    Guest Voices: Madeliene Martin as Fionna, Roz Ryan as Cake, Neil Patrick Harris as Prince Gumball, Donald Glover as Marshall Lee

Blog Entries

Has anyone played the new Adventure Time video game yet?
    Heres da awesome theme

does anybody else not find this show all that weird?

hahahaa such a stupid storyline, I love it.

Nah, I havent played it yet. I'm keen. There's this game, I found it pretty fun. I would of
    bought it as an app if they made more levels and etc:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/...eak/index.html

Former lead character designer, Phil Rynda has also done some cool promo designs for the game;

Hes also worked on Gravity Falls
    :0

http://philryndanews.tumblr.com/

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

I really wish I had a 3DS or a DS so I could play this and get the special edition with the Enchiridion and a Finn sword stylus

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Oh boy, check out the babies drawn- Should be spoilers!!! ahahah.
    I this episode isn't aimed at the girl Adventure Time Fans again. Like, I dont mind those eps, as they always reveal something cool.
    But We already have a Fionna and cake ep coming up.

I want swords and quests dammit. Not mushy stuff and singing.

can't we have all 4?

anyway the fact that shows need to be divided up into "girl shows" and "boy shows" (esp that boys will not watch shows starring women) is one of the most toxic myths about the tv industry, espcially towards children/teenagers.

and fionna and cake is in no way more "girly" then regular adventure time, besides the fact that the main characters our now girls.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Wasn't a fan of tonight's episode. Best parts were BMO getting happy over the puppies and jumping on Finn.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would've liked it if they kept the kids young for 1 or 2 more episodes since they spent like 3 episodes before it having Lady pregnant and all. Though I guess they had to make it easy for Jake to go back to adventuring with Finn and his kids will probably appear again in later episodes, so okay. Also, Louise from Bob's Burgers voiced Jake Jr., so trivial fun times. Good episode I guess, laughed a lot at BMO's appearances and him randomly dancing on Finn with slices of bread.

Thread Information