Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Time

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

New ep is "Everything's Jake." Aired today. A new ep will air each day this week (except Thanksgiving, I think).
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Junior Camper

There was also an episode a week or two ago, with a dinosaur named Gunter and a weird Ice King-like creature.

Blog Entries

I need to catch up on AT. stop watching mostly because I fell out of interest when it was clear the writers weren't interested in much of the characters they already established.

like, I'm cool with doing new shit but you can't just do mostly new shit all the time
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really resisted getting into the series at first (admittedly for the stupid reason that a lot of people I knew who I really disliked were intensely into it) but I finally started watching and really enjoying the show around season 2 or 3. I followed it religiously for a while but kind of stopped watching during this current season because aside from the intense two-parter that opened the season, it felt weirdly like the writers just didn't care as much anymore (and then I found out Pen Ward left his position on the show last season, which makes a whole lot of sense to me now). Joshua and Margaret Investigations kind of turned that around for me but I'm still kind of hesitant to invest in the new episodes for whatever reason... Everyone is freaking out about Everything's Jake though so I might have to jump back in, especially since we've got a continuous stretch of new episodes for a few days.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

I watched "Everything is Jake" OnDemand last night (they put it up really quickly). It was pretty good, the story was interesting and simple with a nice bit of emotion at the end. It was both weird and neat hearing Billy West's Futurama voices.

Looks like today's another Jake episode.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

http://deadline.com/2015/02/adventur...ks-1201383129/
    We're getting a theatrical movie, maybe.
    EXCLUSIVE: Adventure Time, one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network, is being developed at Warner Bros. for the big screen as an animated feature. Adventure-Time-Screensaver_1Created by Pendleton Ward at Cartoon Networks Studios, Adventure Time follows the escapades of 12-year-old boy Finn and best friend dog Jake who fight fiercely in a quest to protect their beloved Land of Ooo, usually from the Ice King who is searching high and low for his Princess Bubblegum. The project will be produced by the winning combo of Chris McKay and Roy Lee.

McKay (one of the exec producers of The Lego Movie) was recently hired to direct The Lego Batman Movie at Warner Bros. and also was the genius behind Robot Chicken. Lee is producing The Lego Batman Movie and also produced Warner Bros.’ groundbreaking animated The Lego Movie along with Dan Lin. That film broke box office records when it bowed last year to $69M for the studio; it has since grossed a whopping $468.7M worldwide. "The Lego Movie" Los Angeles PremierePendleton_WardCartoon Networks Studios will be involved in the production as will Ward, who will have some involvement in writing and producing the feature version.

The Lego Movie filmmakers are also behind Ninjago, based on the ninja-themed LEGO line which anchors a hit TV animated Cartoon Network series of the same name. And, The Lego Movie sequel is also in development at the studio.It’s the brilliant little animated gift that keeps on giving, and just as that movie spawned The Lego Batman spinoff, Adventure Time has the same franchise potential as it cuts across all demos to become a cultural phenom. Jon Berg and Cate Adams are overseeing the project for Warner Bros.

Original_Ice_KingThe fantasy Adventure Time has a bevy of unusual (and cleverly named) characters ranging from Boobafina, Earl of Lemongrab, Cloud Groom, Evil Guy (voiced by Mark Hamil), Lumpy Space Princess, Flame Princess and Marceline the Vampire Queen (voiced by Cloris Leachman), to name a few. A number of celebs have lent their voices to the fun romp through the Land of Ooo, including George Takei, Pee-Wee Herman’s Paul Reubens, Neil Patrick Harris, and Andy Samberg. Ward is repped by attorney Michael Castrillo and McKay by UTA and Mosaic. Lee’s production company is Vertigo Entertainment.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneat~

Finn's dad is such an asshole :x

Blog Entries

More 2D animation in theaters is always a good thing.

Blog Entries

I'm excited for the movie, whatever it will be but I think more excited for the experience of seeing a 2D animated film on the big screen with tons of fans. It'll be like seeing the Simpsons Movie again for the first time. Hard to believe the last 2D animated film I saw in theaters was the simpsons movie and chances are this won't be out till 2017, 10 years later.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bumpity bump.

That 8-part miniseries finally premieres today (2 episodes a day Mon-Thurs)

Also, Season 7 premiered 2 weeks ago ala bomb fashion. Really enjoyed the Bubble/Marci episode there, so definitely looking forward to what they'll do here.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

What was that song Marcelline and the human were singing in part 2? I think it is some theme song from a show.

Pretty much every time Marceline and Bubblegum talk about their past, I go all "squeeeeee."

Blog Entries

Great mini series, just finished binge watching all 8 parts right after I got off work, kinda worked as a film just with a few pacing problems due to it being confined to an 11-22 minute format. Overall it was just a fun adventure story, also it was definitely funnier then the usual eps, glad they went all out humor wise. Hope the rest of season 7 can be great as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Smiley View Post
    What was that song Marcelline and the human were singing in part 2? I think it is some theme song from a show.
    It's the theme to Mr. Belvedere.

Blog Entries

it's been almost a year since the last post in here but I decided to bump because today we got word that season 9 will be the final season and the series finale will air sometime in 2018

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/29...me-ending-2018

says the show will end with 142 half hours which means we only have like 40+ episodes left, or about 23 half hours left.

sad to see it go, as the show is still quite good but it's been on for hell of a long time for a kids show. man, this year CN has axed pre much every show so after 2018 all the programs that started the decade will be over which is pre sad to me.

So that's like two more seasons? I'm okay with that. Side note, they've only aired like 5 episodes in the last 6 months. What's with animated kids shows and this happen (for new kids shows ive only watched Gravity Falls and this and they've both done huge hiatuses)

Totally fine with this, especially if it potentially paves the way for Steven Universe to get better damn treatment or just even more spotlight. These Steven Bombs and Nukes are great and all but these hiatuses kill. But as far as AT goes, I am confident they'll have a plan for a great conclusion for all the characters in the Land of Ooo. They built such a rich world and characters out of absurd nonsense. People complain about it getting convoluted but I liked how deep they got with some characters and how much the fleshed out the world they live in, just like in an RPG.

I still haven't seen Stakes yet, though

Blog Entries

yeah, 2 more seasons but I guess either both or one of those seasons will be shorter then the last few.

and yeah, wtf is with the airing of the past 2 seasons? we've been waiting for like 3 months for the season 7 finale which still has no air date announced and apparently s7 will be coming to hulu in like 3 weeks so I don't know what the hell is going on. also no word on that film but my guess is it's been canned. but CN has been saying we will be getting another mini series, which is awesome as Stakes was great.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With the theatrical film that was announced, I assumed Adventure Time was gonna pull a SpongeBob and stay on quite awhile through the popularity of that (both Adventure Time and Regular Show have been pretty much dead this year, with only a few inconsistent new eps, and pretty much no reruns), but I guess that theory is dead, still hope the movie's made though, give the series a proper send off.

Weird seeing the series that pretty much started this decade of Cartoon Network (and in a way, how modern cartoons in general have been made) finally go, but I'm satisfied with it's long run. There's still 2 more Seasons left to enjoy, hopefully CN gives this and Regular Show proper treatment when airing these final runs.

Blog Entries

havent watched much past season 5, but this is catching me a bit by surprise. show is still pretty damn popular. i just sorta dont believe it when a big show actually ends before everyone in the world is tired of it anymore

Blog Entries

Figured with the canning of Regular Show that Adventure Time wouldn't be far behind. Still kinda shocked though. So does that mean it's gonna end with the movie? I never watched it consistently and tbh I flat out fucking hated it the first time I saw it but in recent times it's grown on me. I see stray eps when I have CN on in the background and intend to dive into both it and Steven Universe fairly soon (Will probably wait until Regular Show wraps up but I've been itching to get at SU so.... I might not even hold out).

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Voiced Teen View Post
    So that's like two more seasons? I'm okay with that. Side note, they've only aired like 5 episodes in the last 6 months. What's with animated kids shows and this happen (for new kids shows ive only watched Gravity Falls and this and they've both done huge hiatuses)
    Cartoon Network's "Bomb" format kinda made it so there'd be long breaks for shows but then they'd come back with like, 5 new eps in a single week. Gravity Falls is more a rarer case because it's a Disney show but with CN that's the case for most of their stuff as far as I'm aware (Regular Show, Steven Universe, Clarence, Gumball etc.).
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Since CN's done the massive-gap-between-small-sets-of-episodes thing with its AS shows in the past (Venture Bros. and the later seasons of Space Ghost being especially egregious examples) I'm not too surprised, but it's still a weird way to do things.

Can't believe Adventure Time is ending, though. I've got a fair bit of catching up to do so at least there's a lot left for me to see before it's done.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I'm completely unsurprised at this. Considering the crappy way that Cartoon Network has recently been treating both this and Regular Show, going months without rerun's or mentioning it until suddenly showing a couple of new episodes before taking it off the schedule again and repeating the process over and over again, it doesn't come as a shock to me that Cartoon Network is finally admitting that their giving both shows the axe.

I'm curious to know what's going to happen to that movie that they talked about making though.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'd still love to see that

I don't understand what the hell CN has been doing lately. Seems like they're shifting daytime CN to an even younger target audience, and every time I turn on CN the schedule it's solely Teen Titans Go as far as the eye can see. Maybe a few Uncle Grandpas tossed in among it. I don't hate either show as much as a lot of people seem to but goddamn. It's giving me flashbacks to the dark days of all-day Johnny Test marathons. Is that show really more successful than AT and RS? For reasons other than because it's all they ever play anymore?

Maybe it's a conspiracy. TTG being cheaper and easier to produce so let's force that to be more widely-watched than the others?

Last edited by LosTickaToeRest; 09-30-2016 at 04:36 AM.

Blog Entries

i know it's hypocritical of me to judge TTG without having watched an episode of it, but I've seen clips on youtube and it looks like the stupidest "LOL SO RANDUMM1!!11!!" shit ever.

Seriously, we get how many seasons of it and only like two seasons (one of them wildly truncated) of Young Justice? fuck this world.

TTG can be wacky random a lot but it's pretty clever humor wise. I sorely miss YJ but think the people whining about getting rid of TTG and bringing back TT need to really get over it. And I say this as someone who literally owes their life to the existence of the original TT.

Blog Entries

@kupomog: Yeah I feel like i need to give TTG a shot, but what I've seen of the humor looks like it's not my sort of stuff. I still have yet to see the original TT and I've heard very good things about that.

I just wish YJ could pop up on Netflix or something. Like, with new eps.

Blog Entries

I'm actually one of the few people who was never really interested in the original Teen Titans coming back. I mean, it was a fantastic show and I loved watching it as a kid as much as everyone else, but I thought it had a pretty good run and went out really well with the Trouble in Tokyo movie. I'm not really sure what else the show could have gone through if it had continued other then maybe explain how Terra came back, especially since every villain at that point had been defeated. So while I'm not opposed to a revival, it's not something I'm really interested in, and I wasn't expecting TTG to be like the original anyway.

I just hate TTG because of how much Cartoon Network constantly airs it, and their obsession with seemingly turning it into their flagship show. I'm sick of them spending so many hours dedicated to showing TTG reruns and giving it so much love and attention, while they've treated other shows like crap by screwing over with their time slots, giving them minimum promotion, or just barely acknowledging them all (All last couple of DC cartoons, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Transformers, etc). You know things are seriously screwed up when a Batman cartoon, of all things, gets screwed over by the network and cancelled after only one season.

I do like some of the songs I've heard of Youtube though. Plus the crossover with PPG was enjoyable. But at this point, I've come to accept that TTG is now the new Johnny Test (only without the Canadian television laws that was apparently the reason why the show went on for so long), and no matter how much I dislike it, Cartoon Network will keep the show running for countless years, and it will probably outlive the rest of CN's shows by this rate too.

I don't know if those "Young Justice S3 on Netflix" rumors will ever come true, but it would be pretty cool if it did. It's nice that Young Justice is still popular even after it got completly screwed over by Cartoon Network.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 09-30-2016 at 10:43 PM.

I originally dismissed AdvnTme as teen angst cartoon.. "What do you wanna do?", I dunno, what do you wanna do?.. Uh, okay, Cool.
    but the Litch king stories brought me around.. I was so impressed I even bought a Litch king Pop figure. the only Advntme merch thing i own.
    I would breeze over Finns shipping eps.. enjoyed Ice King heavy eps.. it had a good run. more seasons wont stop it from being a historic cartoon show at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    TTG can be wacky random a lot but it's pretty clever humor wise. I sorely miss YJ but think the people whining about getting rid of TTG and bringing back TT need to really get over it. And I say this as someone who literally owes their life to the existence of the original TT.
    Yeah, the original TT show is a classic and the closest I ever came to having a show I went full deviantart-livejournal-fanfic-goth-teen over. Highly recommend.

Teen Titans Go has its share of random humor but like Kupo says, it's a lot more clever than people give it credit for. I think the main reason for the backlash is that people wanted a straight continuation and a lot of the nerds I knew who were hoping for that felt betrayed and decided right off the bat as soon as it was announced that it sucked. Some even protested/petitioned/harassed CN to try and stop it from getting aired - again, before so much as any preview footage had come out or even before anyone knew it would be so silly. Some people were just that mad over the art style, for example. Add to that the resentment towards having CN force it down everyone's throats and I can understand to an extent why people would hate it.

I don't think TT needs a revival at all either, and I think TTG is pretty funny on its own merits if you don't think of it as having anything to do with the first show. It's just a surreal animated sitcom about superheroes, it doesn't try to be anything else, and it fills that purpose better than I expected it to honestly. And I have to respect the Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie levels of middle-finger meta jokes showing they're fully aware that a lot of people loathe the show for its huge departure from the original.
    I can get why some comic nerds wouldn't be on board with it, but I can't help but laugh at a lot of the jokes whenever it happens to be on. Darkseid being voiced by Weird Al of all people and getting annoyed whenever people point out the vocal resemblance just makes me giggle.

Adventure Time is a show I was also really hesitant to get into because it also seemed like a bunch of dumb random humor (and it didn't help that almost everyone I knew who was into it was an insufferable hipster - same as with Regular Show). Still don't like most of season 1 because that kind of writing prevails, but once season 2 started and I accidentally saw some of those episodes I noticed the quality of writing getting better, and once they started with the big arcs and character development I was hooked. Ice King's development is especially a gut-punch as it's happening and I can't believe they took such a one-dimensional character and gave him as much depth as they did. Simon & Marcy is still my all-time favorite episode and I can never hear the Cheers theme the same way again.
    Last edited by LosTickaToeRest; 10-01-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Thread Information