View Poll Results: Season 11's BEST EPISODE Quarter Finals I

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beyond Blunderdome (AABF23)

3 6.38%
  • Brother's Little Helper (AABF22)

4 8.51%
  • Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? (AABF21)

2 4.26%
  • Treehouse of Horror X (BABF01)

4 8.51%
  • E-I-E-I-D'oh (AABF19)

17 36.17%
  • Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder (BABF02)

2 4.26%
  • Eight Misbehavin' (BABF03)

2 4.26%
  • Take My Wife, Sleaze (BABF05)

3 6.38%
  • Grift of the Magi (BABF07)

6 12.77%
  • Little Big Mom (BABF04)

2 4.26%
  • Faith Off (BABF06)

2 4.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 11's BEST EPISODE Quarter Finals I

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Season 11's BEST EPISODE Quarter Finals I

Yay My favorite season! The end is nearing folks, only a couple more polls to go till the season 13 finale.

Episode Guides from www.nohomers.net:

"Beyond Blunderdome" (AABF23) Airdate: 09/26/99
    When Homer and Marge attend a test screening of Mel Gibson's remake of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Homer gives the film a mercilessly rough critique. Rather than be angered by Homer's remarks, Gibson decides to hire him as a consultant on the script rewrites. Together Mel and Homer turn the movie into a bloody action flick. The film studio is so disgusted by the new cut that they attempt to block its distribution. Homer and Mel steal the only print of the film and escape the studio lot with the executives pursuing them. Commandeering the old Mad Max car from the Hollywood Auto Museum, the Simpsons and the movie star careen through the streets, causing all sorts of destruction.

"Brother's Little Helper" (AABF22) Airdate: 10/03/99
    After Bart is caught performing another destructive act, Homer and Marge put him on medication. The boy starts taking Focusyne, an experimental Attention Deficit Disorder drug that at first turns him into the very model of manners and efficiency. But the drug has some strange side effects, and Bart becomes paranoid, ranting that Major League Baseball is using a satellite to read his thoughts. Marge and Homer try to take Bart off Focusyne, but he resists and overdoses. During his Focusyne bender, Bart steals a tank from a nearby army base and shoots a satellite out of the sky. Sure enough, the satellite is controlled by Major League Baseball, but America's hero, Mark McGwire, helicopters into Springfield to assure everyone that nothing suspicious is going on.

"Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?" (AABF21) Airdate: 10/24/99
    Homer gets the perfect side job when he becomes the chief restaurant critic for The Springfield Shopper newspaper. He loves the perks, but can barely write a complete sentence. When Lisa helps out by ghosting his columns, Homer becomes the most powerful--and feared--critic in town. Soon Homer earns the wrath of every restaurant owner in Springfield and they join together in a plot to kill him with a poisonous éclair.

"Treehouse of Horror X" (BABF01) Airdate: 10/31/99
    I Know What You Diddily-Iddly-Did - Oh my God! Marge killed Flanders! Or did she...?

Desperately Xeeking Xena - Bart and Lisa develop superpowers after being blasted by x-rays, allowing them to save Lucy Lawless from the Collector (a.k.a. Comic Book Guy).

Life's a Glitch, Then You Die - Homer takes his role as Y2K-compliance technician very lightly, resulting in a worldwide catastrophy involving Tom Arnold and Dick Clark.

"E-I-E-I-D'oh" (AABF19) Airdate: 11/07/99
    Homer begins challenging everyone around him to duels after he sees a Zorro film at the Googoplex. Most people back down, until Homer meets an old-fashioned Colonel who takes him up on his dare. Unable to get out of the contest with the Colonel, Homer and his family flee to the country, where they become farmers. Farm life is difficult until Homer creates a new crop called tomacco--tomatoes crossed with tobacco. The new fruit is disgusting to eat, but incredibly addictive. Selling barrel upon barrel of tomacco, Homer attracts the attention of some tobacco industry executives who want to capitalize on his new crop.

"Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder" (BABF02) Airdate: 11/14/99
    Homer breaks his tea party date with Maggie to go bowling, lying that there is an emergency at the plant. The lie is revealed when Homer bowls a perfect 300 and attracts the attention of the media. Because of his accomplishment, Homer becomes a celebrity, appearing on The Springfield Squares with Bumblebee Man, Sideshow Mel, and his old nemesis, Ron Howard. But fame proves fickle and Homer quickly goes from Man of the Moment to Where Are They Now? Depressed, he decides to devote his life to his children. Bart and Lisa don't really take to his extra-aggressive parenting, but Maggie can't refuse, mostly because she can't speak. Homer takes Maggie to a Daddy and Me swim class but she's too scared to go in the water. Later, Homer nearly drowns and only Maggie can save him. Homer realizes that he might not have fame, but he'll always have his baby.

"Eight Misbehavin'" (BABF03) Airdate: 11/21/99
    Apu and his wife decide to have a baby. With the help of fertility drugs, their attempts to conceive prove successful--very successful: Nine months later, Manjula gives birth to octuplets. The townspeople of Springfield celebrate the arrival of the babies, and local companies shower Apu and Manjula with free products. But when a Shelbyville couple has nine babies at once, all the attention turns to them and Apu and Manjula are left to raise their babies together. It's a big job and Apu realizes he's not up to the task. When Larry Kittkill, the owner of the Springfield Zoo, offers to pay Apu and Manjula to raise their babies behind the glass of a zoo exhibition, Apu foolishly accepts. When he decides he wants to take his new family away from the zoo, Apu discovers that he can't get out of the contract he signed. Homer and Apu steal the babies but Homer must make amends with Mr. Kittkill by performing at the zoo himself.

"Take My Wife, Sleaze" (BABF05) Airdate: 11/28/99
    After winning a motorcycle, Homer forms a gang with his pals, but when Marge is kidnapped by Hell's Satans, a real biker gang, he must face the challenge and come to her rescue. John Goodman and Henry Winkler play two bikers, and NRBQ also guest stars.

"Grift of the Magi" (BABF07) Airdate: 12/19/99
    Bankrupt thanks to a scheme concepted by Fat Tony, Springfield Elementary is taken over by a private outfit, Kid First Industries, whose real goal is to mine the kids' minds for toy ideas. The ultimate toy, "Funzo", is soon created and it's up to the kids, Homer, and Gary Coleman to save Springfield's Christmas.

"Little Big Mom" (BABF04) Airdate: 01/09/00
    When Marge breaks her leg in a skiing accident, it's up to Lisa to run the Simpson household in her mother's absence. Lisa thinks she can handle the responsibility by implementing a structured plan and using fun management techniques like a "chore hat" from which her father and brother can randomly select a chore. Of course, Homer and Bart ignore Lisa's system and the house turns into a pig sty. Meanwhile, Marge is discovering the wonders of shiatsu massage as she receives foot, leg and hair rub-downs in the hospital. Lisa is so angry at Homer and Bart's lack of consideration that she decides to play a trick on them. With a little inspiration from the spirit of Lucille Ball, Lisa comes up with a way to trick Homer and Bart into thinking they have leprosy. Her trick works so well that Homer and Bart get sent to a leper colony in Hawaii courtesy of Ned Flanders. When Marge gets out of the hospital, she and Lisa track Homer and Bart down at the leper colony but discover that they don't want to leave.

"Faith Off" (BABF06) Airdate: 01/16/00
    When Homer gets his head stuck in a bucket of glue, the family stumbles across a cure in Brother Faith's Tent Revival. After the bucket miraculously comes off, Bart is convinced that he too is a faith healer.

Season 11 is maybe the worst season of the simpsons, but that doesn't mean it's bad, it has some pretty solid episodes. Sorry ny fellow internet fans, Hello Gutter Hello Fadder is good, especially the Maggie scenes and bowling scenes. That comes in second place, but in first I guess is the Tomacco episode. The episode is very long and has a big story, but I think it's one of Season 11's best.

"E-I-E-I-D'oh"
    S1.3 OFF+++ ABE+ CWG++# FLA+++ GIL--
    APU++ P&S- MOL++ TRO+++ HTZ+++ TEE+ FRI+++ MTN+* Kent Brockman+++ Frank Grimes++ Mrs. Krabappel++ f+++ n Ilpso $++++ AABF20,8F13,2F09,3G01 M1989

It's hard to vote for any of these, and I don't mean that in a good way. I liked the Tomacco episode but it had some really stupid wacky parts, as did the rest of Season 11. I voted for Treehouse of Horror X because I find it easier to accept wackyness in holloween specials.
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

The best of these is the Grift of the Magi!
    It is the highest season 11 on my top 50 list! everyone should vote for it, it's the best!

Easiest Choice

Easiest Choice I've had to make the whole time of the polls. E-I-E-I-Doh

All-Time Rankings
    1: Bart Gets An Elephant, 2: Duffless, 3: Lisa The Vegetarian

Easiest choice here too. E-I-E-I-D'oh.

An excellent episode that is too often underated. The very best of Season 11.

The Spring in Springfield

"Grift of the Magi" was the best from those. "EIEIDOH" was the second best but for some reason I enjoyed "Grift of the Magi" just a little more.

Junior Camper

Man, all these episodes sucked except maybe Grift of the Magi, which I'll vote for.
    Ms. Krabappel: I believe that with persistent discipline, even the poorest student can end up becoming, oh, say, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Homer: Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. What great men he would join. John Marshall, Charles Evans Hughes, Warren Burgher... Mmmmmmm... Burgher...

is back from the dead

"Eight Misbehavin'" takes the prize because it was consistently funny. Nothing here was that great, though.

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

E-I-E-I-(annoyed grunt).

Good Parts:
    the tractor
    glove slap
    zorro
    ingredient gummy bears

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

How about a "none of the above" option?

Junior Camper

wow! This was the hardest decision I've ever had to make concerning the Simpsons. None of these episodes made my top 75 so I had to actually think about my picks this time around. Now I remember why I chose Season 11 as my worst season. Anyway, Homer as a Food critic was ok, the third segment of THOH X was also pretty funny with
    Pauly Shore and Tom Arnold at the end, E-I-E-I-D'oh was also really good for season 11, and Grift of the Magi was also watchable, but I voted for Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder. I hated the appearance of Ron Howard and Access Hollywood costars, but I did like the 'Not Lenny' bit, the bowling, Maggie watching the show calling her special, Homer singing The Doors, The Natural parody, the scene with the molepeople, all of this made up for the hard-to-believe ending of Maggie pulling Homer to safety and her bowling a 300; that was just absurd.
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing

1)The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson

End Communication

E-I-E-I-D'oh was the best.

These episodes: :bored:

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

I had to go with "Little Big Mom", which I thought was just a teensy bit better than "E-I-E-I-D'oh". It has the "This is the worst pain ever!" bit, which I'm ashamed to admit I laughed at, and the whole Lisa-trying-to-be-a-mom thing was cute.
    And this season poll is one of the harder ones for the opposite reason for which Season 4 was hard: so many bad eps, but which was the least bad?

apparso come un fantasma Roarke's Avatar

It aint gonna win, but..

Brother's Little helper. It was highly-unplausible, I know...But it still added alot of quotes...Dingers and "Not the sky, that's where clouds are born!" Namely.

Although, I thought King of the Hill did a Much better ADD-Drug episode

-Roarke
    "And there it went"

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

grift of the magi. that's one funny episode

That's Good And All

That's good and all that everyone is all excited about voting for EI and Grift, but Behind The Laughter is going to annihilate everything when it gets to the finals.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had to go with "Hello Gutter..." because it had the best Maggie scenes since A Streetcar Named Marge.

Jake
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

I swear....there's no point in having polls for Seasons 9-12. It was/is obviously going to be:

9: "City of New York vs. Homer Simpson"
    10: "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo"
    11: "Behind the Laughter"
    12: "Trilogy of Error"

As for this poll, it was pretty easy to make a decision. The only two A quality episodes here are "E-I-E-I D'oh" and "Little Big Mom". "E-I-E-I" was the best of the season by far because it didn't have anything too wacky or unfunny.

My opinion on these episodes:

Beyond Bludnerdome
    Terrible, a reused idea done even worse.
    Grade: D-

Brother's Little Helper
    Gets points for being satirical rather then just plain stupid.
    Grade: B-

Guess Who's Coming to Crizize Dinner
    Another Homer gets a job episode. Not very good.
    Grade: C+

Treehouse of Horror X
    Terrible, I can't figure out why anyone could have thought good about this special. We dont need an entire halloween special sketch about a guest star!
    Grades: D-, F, D-
    Overall grade: D-

E-I-E-I-D'oh
    Pretty good, at least it was satirical, and not overly wacky.
    Grade: B+

Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder
    The first act was okay, and the Maggie scenes were nice, but the rest bombed horribly. Maggie wasn't enough to save this travesty.
    Grade: D+

Eight Misbehavin'
    Eh, not great, but not bad. We don't need anymore Apu episodes.

Take My Wife Sleaze
    Not great, but watchable.

Grift of the Magi
    A guest star that's actually funny and some good satire makes this an ok episode.
    Grade: B+

Little Big Mom
    The first act was tolerable, but the rest bombed horribly. Leprosy? Give me a break.
    Grade: D

Faith Off
    Nice song, but the rest was weak.
    Grade: C+

A pretty awful season. The best episode here is E-I-E-I-D'oh
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

$1 naughtier than most

None of these episodes are in my top 100 even.
    And behind the laughter is my 35th favourite episode.

So just like in season 10 my vote in the quarter finals is meaningless and my vote in the quarter finals part two is meaningful(30 minutes over tokyo and this time behind the laughter).

Guess whos coming to criticize dinner and E-I-E-I-D'oh are the best here.
    And i decided to vote for E-I-E-I-D'oh.

Of course it doesnt matter as behind the laughter will destroy everything here.

$1 naughtier than most

Originally posted by Joshman
    Yay My favorite season!

Now thats sarcasm

a controversial negro The Lawn Wrangler's Avatar

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ARE YOU ALL VOTING FOR "E-I-E-I-MOTHERFUCKING-ANNOYED-WORST-EPISODE-EVER-GRUNT"?!?!???!?!?

I guess I just haven't been killing enough bunnies.

The Boy Who Lived

Grift of the Magi gets my vote!

I really hope Grift of the Magi at least gets to the quarter-finals, come on! Remember Funzo, and Gary Coleman?????? "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?"

Thinks he wet his bed

Voted for "Brother's Little Helper". I odn't know why.
    I ated the purple berries, which taste like burning

Maybe this poll should be renamed 'Least worst Season 11 Episode'.
    Anyway, Im going for 'Faith Off'.
    Jim
    Dont Get Up Gentlemen, I'm Only Passin' Through...

Jumped The Shark

Tough choice between "Brother's Little Helper" and "E-I-E-I-Do'h". I finally went with Brother's Little Helper because it needed my vote more.

apparso come un fantasma Roarke's Avatar

Support for 'Little Helper'

The episode was just on Syndication in LA...Remembered why I liked it=)

Here's some reason to cast your vote to it!

-I forgot my favorote line from it, coming from the nerd with in us all, Martin Prince:"I take hormone suplements to lower my voice, now all I want to do is fight people. What are youuu looking at?"

-"Claratin D?"
    "No"
    "No Thanks"
    -(This made me laugh hard just because I've used both Claratin and Claratin D...and Claratin did just as much as a suger pill would of)

-Ned and Maude's Post-Pot party fire.

-"I had Lenny's Name in that!"(Referring to The eletronic Orginizer. Another joke maybe only I laughed at, I used to have one, and was a person who really didn't need one. When it ends up like that, all you really have in it are the numbers of friends you know by heart)

Ok, That's enough. Ten more votes...It won't beat Behind the laughter, But I'd like to see it in the finals...

-Roarke

Thread Information