View Poll Results: What did you think of episode 1202?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

2 2.82%
  • 4/5

11 15.49%
  • 3/5

18 25.35%
  • 2/5

20 28.17%
  • 1/5

20 28.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate/Review South Park "Britney's New Look"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000
    Whoa, dude, you realize that S11 (IMO a very good season) was only a few months ago and not years like Simpsons and FG, right?...

...unless you hated S11, so I'd have to ask: why?...
    Let me rephrase...

I think season 11 had a few strokes of brilliance, a few mediocre episodes, and a few awful ones that I can't stand watching again... this is just my opinion, of course. What I'm saying is, seasons 10, 11, and now 12, at least so far, have seen a steady increase in formulaic, mediocre episodes.

The show isn't terrible, but you can already tell its running out of steam fast... the same way The Simpsons did (ironically, at the exact same seasons), and Family Guy.. well, thats different, but it has pretty much sucked since it returned. (please, Family Guy haters, spare me the sarcastic "But it always sucked!" comment)

I chuckled at a few parts. More like chuckles of unsure horror i.e. when Britney spoke for the first time with most of her head missing. After that I think I was more depressed and disturbed than anything. I'm not sure if it was because of the general execution of the episode (despite liking the point of it), or because I actually felt bad for a Britney (character or not, one is more than enough...). The chanting made me chuckle, too, in the way that the "dumb d-dumb dumb dumb" made me laugh in the Mormon episode. I did like the ending with Miley Cyrus and the boys just giving up and chanting with everyone. I was also fairly surprised that Cartman didn't take a picture of Britney's body before leaving the scene. I was really expecting it.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

Like others said, I liked what they were trying to get across, but the episode just was so stupid and lacked any signs of down to earth and having all the boys as main characters. Really disturbed at how they made Britney look with and without her head. The gargling as well as the stupid twist were terrible. Laughed at the Miley Cyrus bit, spearchuckers, and Britney's "no top of the head look." 2/5 Ugh.

Pretty painful episode for sure, I thought it started out strong but after the suicide scene it was more depressing than funny. Definitely could have been better.

funniest moment that probably nobody caught, when the news came back to the debate coverage with Hillary saying "spear-chuckers."

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

-3 for not being very funny
    +1 for making the commentary that the media is really gonna kill britney

3/5

funniest moment that probably nobody caught, when the news came back to the debate coverage with Hillary saying "spear-chuckers."
    Agreed.

Britney headless was disturbing, the chanting was stupid, and I didn't care at all for the third act. As has been said before, I get their point, but aside from some chuckles here and there, it wasn't that funny. 2/5

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Wow, this seems pretty unanimous... I think we can agree that this was definitely in the top 10 for worst episodes ever.

Guess I didn't miss much. Me and the gf watched 'Top Chef' instead. Sounds like I avoided a bit of an issue here anyway, since she doesn't find suicide jokes funny. Specifically ones involving self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head, since that's how her brother died. It's very difficult to be jokey around her sometimes, you have no idea how limiting it is to not be able to make jokes about shooting people in the head.

So, what's worse, this episode or Stanley's Cup? That episode appears to be the last one that was unanimously hated. Personally, I thought it was severely underrated, but I can understand how the ending could have rubbed folks the wrong way (I thought it was brilliant, though perhaps not "funny"). Britney's New Look was more openly gruesome and jokey, but somehow not as entertaining to me.

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

I think I'm one of the few that actually liked Stanley's Cup and thought it was hilarious.

This... not so much.

I didn't hate "Stanley's Cup." In fact I wasn't even really offended by it, was slightly surprised to see people hate on it so strongly. But that was also because I had to remember which one it was. It was just a mediocre episode I didn't care strongly about either way.

Meh, I didn't like it that much. It had some funny parts, such as Butters, still in the squirrel costume getting caught and the line about a slap in the face to camels around the world. The episode started out good and funny, but then it decreased in quality as soon as the boys visited Britney and she shot half her head off. It just got increasingly boring and started to lack funny moments after that.

2/5

Sarcasm: the nerds' "sex" TheSuperiorGerbil's Avatar

Didn't like it either. You can pretty much tell that the episode was built around the harvest idea and they just had to fill 20 minutes so they added the North Pole and the head thing (which got anything but disgust from me) to make up for it. And the thing is, the point they were trying to make wasn't the least bit original (which normally makes an episode interesting) so I only enjoyed it a bit when they added the chanting stuff, and also the Hillary line.2/5.
    Plus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert
    do they even need the boys, or should they just replace them with a bunch of generic characters that all have the same voice and celebrity caricatures?
    Couldn't have put it better.

Junior Camper

Yeah I didn't really like this episode either. Almost no Cartman, no Kenny at all. Found it odd that Cartman didn't take a picture of the shot up Britney too. I did like Butters as the squirrel, and that he was picked up by animal control was funny. I also was sort of expecting Britney to be alive after the shot, because they did it in the episode with the Hippie Jam Fest (Too Lazy too look up the ep name) with the Mayor, but of course not to the extent of Britney.

Give it a 2.5/5, wasn't really my thing. Hopefully next week will be better.
    "That's rediculious, how could I even get all 5 necessary drops into her cereal.... what?"

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

South Park can be horrible at finding the line between grotesque and funny. This wasn't quite as bad at finding that line as the cancer hockey episode, but it was definitely more disturbing than anything else. Plus it's just one of those really bad SP episodes where it felt like there was no energy or inspiration at all. 1/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iceiwynd
    I think I'm one of the few that actually liked Stanley's Cup and thought it was hilarious.

This... not so much.
    Yeah, me and a couple of my friends still find Stanley's Cup hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Douche
    What the fuck? This episode was great!
    Shame on you all. Much better than last week.
    *choke* ..You're right! The more I rewatch it, the more i appreciate it

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

2/5 really boring
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Shiny Happy Fits Of Rage Whip-Smart's Avatar

3/5 not very good but not awful.
    1: B+ 2: A 3: A 4: A+ 5: A+ 6: A+ 7: A+ 8: A 9: A- 10: C+ 11: B- 12: B 13: B 14: C- 15: D 16: D- 17: D+ 18: C 19: C+ 20: B-
    Homer the Whopper: D / Bart Gets a "Z": C / The Great Wife Hope: C- / Treehouse of Horror XX: B The Devil Wears Nada: D- / Pranks and Greens: C+ / Rednecks and Broomsticks: C+ / Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B-/ Thursdays with Abie: C / Once Upon a Time in Springfield: D / Million Dollar Maybe: D / Boy Meets Curl: D+ / The Color Yellow: D / Postcards from the Wedge: C / Stealing First Base: D / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed: C / American History X-cellent: C / Chief of Hearts: C+ / The Squirt and the Whale: D / Surveil With Love C-

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Just saw it, finally. I agree that this was far closer to the uncomfortably-grotesque end of the spectrum than the funny-grotesque (ex. of the latter, Kenny's various deaths). I knew from the hospital scene onward that the semi-headless Britney would be used for one joke stretched out over the rest of the episode (they aren't shocked by the fact that most of her head is gone, WE GET IT). In fact, I'd say the deformed Britney was a terrible choice in this episode, as the gargling was never funny and her extended screentime was just uncomfortable to look at, making the whole episode vaguely cringe-worthy.

South Park, on occasion, overdoes it on the violence for me--most of the episodes in the first half of S11 crossed that line, and there usually aren't really funny results either unlike the over-the-top gore in past episodes. Sick of people putting guns in their mouths/to their heads and blowing their brains out, although it at least had a point in this episode.

The message was a pretty good one, actually, and would be conveyed well if this was coming from any other show...but let's face it, we've seen Mecha-Streisand, Paris Hilton swim up Mr. Slave's bowels, Ben Affleck fall in love with Cartman's hand, Mel Gibson acting like Daffy Duck, the whole Tom Cruise thing, and countless other celebrity digs (deserved or not).

I enjoyed the first five minutes or so, the various camel toe jokes ("She looks just like the picture"), the Hannah Montana joke, and the creepiness/depression of the final scenes, which could've worked had the episode been better paced and not so cringe-worthy prior to the finale.

2/5
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Thread Information