Thread: Why is Futurama rated TV-14 now?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

This sentence is a lie. Elkwood's Avatar

Why is Futurama rated TV-14 now?

The episodes were rated TV-PG on Adult Swim. Why are they TV-14 now?
    Critics are raving over Maggie's Toilet Training!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Maggie's toilet training is the smash hit fan-fic of the season! Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by James L. Brookes View Post
    iMuy Excellente! This has really been capturing the feel of classic Simpsons wackyness!

I was surprised Futurama didn't get TV-14s more often on Adult Swim or on the original Fox broadcasts. There's a fair amount of adult stuff in a lot of those episodes.

professional lurker Property of Ned Flanders's Avatar

I dunno, I've never really thought of Futurama to be dark enough to be rated TV-14, that's kind of weird. Reminds me, correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember seeing a couple Aqua Teen episodes a while back that were once TV-14 but have been "re-rated" TV-MA. I could be mistaken, maybe they were always MA, but they were older episodes.
    i might be wrong

I'm not sure, but yes ATHF had episodes which changed ratings, I have no clue why, but I also want to know is it just my TV (I have Direct Tv satalight dish) or is Futurama's color alot more dull and ugly on Comedy Central then it is on the DVDs and was on [as]?

I've never seen an Aqua Teen episode rated TV-MA (I haven't watched it in a long time though).

And maybe I'm overestimating the intensity of the content in Futurama. Only thing I've seen related to that show really recently was the movie, and of course that was more vulgar than the episodes ever were.

Quote Originally Posted by |Mr.Sparkle|
    is it just my TV (I have Direct Tv satalight dish) or is Futurama's color alot more dull and ugly on Comedy Central then it is on the DVDs and was on [as]?[/i]
    Could very well be, haven't seen any on Comedy Central yet though. I remember years ago (I don't really notice it anymore however) The Simpsons color would be a bit off on some syndicated channels.

Quote Originally Posted by grissom
    I've never seen an Aqua Teen episode rated TV-MA (I haven't watched it in a long time though).

And maybe I'm overestimating the intensity of the content in Futurama. Only thing I've seen related to that show really recently was the movie, and of course that was more vulgar than the episodes ever were.
    The majority of the newest episodes (season 5 and the current 6th) have been rated MA, I think it all started with the controversial "Dickesode".

Quote Originally Posted by |Mr.Sparkle|
    I'm not sure, but yes ATHF had episodes which changed ratings, I have no clue why, but I also want to know is it just my TV (I have Direct Tv satalight dish) or is Futurama's color alot more dull and ugly on Comedy Central then it is on the DVDs and was on [as]?
    It looks likes crap on my tv as well, when they would look great on adult swim. I don't watch the syndicated eps anymore like i used to when they were on adult swim.

Blog Entries

its cuz they show frys dick now

Scary Beast

^huh?

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

kind of weird, maybe it's because they think 14 year olds are mature enough to understand sexual or alcoholic jokes, and swearing, even though I watched the simpsons at a younger age than 14

Thread Information