Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Guy Spin-Off: "The Cleveland Show"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Well, the idea of a spin-off is to put popular characters in new situations and and locations, with a bunch of new characters.
    Problem 1: Cleveland is not exactly the most popular character
    Problem 2: Macfarlane and Co would have to come up a lot of new stuff (which involves at least some creativity)
    Problem 3: Between Family Guy, American Dad and Cleveland, how will Macfarlane keep up with it all. I know he doesn't do everything but come on.

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

Seth actually doesn't do a lot with American Dad in terms of writing and producing. The show is essentially driven by the other co-creators, while Seth basically just does voices.

I have a feeling that Cleveland will be the same way. Seth will be involved with the pilot and early episodes, but after that, he'll basically be hands-off.

Yeh, Indeed. Seth's like an anchor to attract fans who like Family Guy to American Dad.And Hell, It worked. American dad is so well structured despite An alien and a talking gold fish. I doupt Seth might even have a role as a voice on the show.

It could be something. But I rather American Dad status rise before Seth makes another Animation.
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not really liking the idea of a cleveland spin off, but we'll see.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Freakin' Sweet User The Epic Winner's Avatar

Yeah, that's a good point, he should wait until AD is more popular...even now AD is only an alright show in my view...I only buy the DVDs cos they practically subliminally force you to watch the show if you like FG. I'll probably buy Cleveland DVDs too, even if it's bad. It sounds stupid to say that I know, but I love FG so much that I feel I have to support anything that Seth comes out with.

But to the person a few posts above me, I do think Seth is very creative. The ideas he brought into Family Guy (and a lot of the jokes, in the earlier episodes at least) are very, very creative.
    Lucky there's a Family Guy...
    Need Family Guy, American Dad or The Cleveland Show news? Check out Freakin' Sweet News!

personality goes a long way Toli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Johannson
    Well, the idea of a spin-off is to put popular characters in new situations and and locations, with a bunch of new characters.
    Problem 1: Cleveland is not exactly the most popular character
    Problem 2: Macfarlane and Co would have to come up a lot of new stuff (which involves at least some creativity)
    Problem 3: Between Family Guy, American Dad and Cleveland, how will Macfarlane keep up with it all. I know he doesn't do everything but come on.
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck anymore and realises he's a two bit sell out.

"SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker".

Yeah and a live action one is planed for the future.

There isnt really any characters that are
    good enough to have there own spinoff...
    Maybe Seamus

but the other are either to weird or to perverted
    Such as Herbert and Quagmire
    "Er, excuse me. No banging your head on the display case, please. It contains a very rare "Mary Worth" in which she has advised a friend to commit suicide. Thank you."

THE CLEVELAND SHOW (working title) (Sundays, 9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT): Many years ago, CLEVELAND BROWN (voiced by Mike Henry) was a high school student madly in love with a beautiful girl named DONNA. Much to his dismay, his love went unrequited, and Donna wound up marrying another man. Cleveland once told Donna he would always love her, and if this man ever done her wrong, he'd be there when she called. Well, this man done her wrong. Donna's husband skipped town with another woman, leaving Donna with a daughter and a baby. Now she's come to Cleveland and offered him another chance at love. Unattached after the Loretta-Quagmire debacle and true to his word, Cleveland joyously accepts and he and CLEVELAND JR. move to Stoolbend, VA, to join their new family. Once in Stoolbend, Cleveland has a few surprises in store for him, including a flirtatious new stepdaughter, a 5-year-old stepson who loves the ladies, as well as a collection of neighbors that includes a loudmouth redneck couple, a British family seemingly stuck in the Victorian era and a family of bears living at the end of the block. FAMILY GUY was only the beginning. Get ready for THE CLEVELAND SHOW (working title)!

PRODUCTION COMPANY: 20th Century Fox Television

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Seth MacFarlane, Rich Appel, Mike Henry

VOICE CAST: Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown

Now witness the failure! StarskyMaxwell's Avatar

This is awesome. So, how many times is MacFarlane gonna have to create the exact same show before everyone realizes he has no talent whatsoever? My money's on seven.

I'm still not sold that this isn't a horrible practical joke.

The characters all look like black versions of the Griffins, except for the daughter.

This'll probably be terrible. They couldn't have chosen a more boring character to make a show about.

blowin' money fast Clark Westfall's Avatar

....and I already hate it. Who wants to bet that all the black jokes will be exhausted by the first episode. Also does anyone know what the live action show will be about?
    You'd think after the Winner, FOX would realize that Seth can't constantly make a hit show, yet they still continue to suck his dick.

Bow our heads in prayer Reverend 'Lassie' Lovejoy's Avatar

Cleveleand is one of my favourite characters, so I'd probably enjoy this.

How is this not a joke?
    Signature.

Blog Entries

I give it three months.

BTW- The worst part? It's replacing American Dad in February. So, yeah, because of this piece of trash, AD has even worse chances at getting a new season...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Dopey dad? Check.
    Bland housewife? Check.
    Talking animal? Check.
    Sexually-charged son? Check.
    Fat kid? Check.

I swear, Seth MacFarlane is not human. He's a machine that cranks out the same formula every three years. Expect a new show in 2011--this time about a gay father, a black mother, a fat talking seahorse, a gay, black, fat son, and the three-year-old daughter prostitute. Incorporate a motorcycle-riding, foul-mouthed grandmother and abrupt physical comedy, and hey--it'll be the talk of the dorm room.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

blowin' money fast Clark Westfall's Avatar

^ people will probably still eat it up. Seth could make a wacky delly type show and people will still praise him.

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    Dopey dad? Check.
    Bland housewife? Check.
    Talking animal? Check.
    Sexually-charged son? Check.
    Fat kid? Check.

I swear, Seth MacFarlane is not human. He's a machine that cranks out the same formula every three years. Expect a new show in 2011--this time about a gay father, a black mother, a fat talking seahorse, a gay, black, fat son, and the three-year-old daughter prostitute. Incorporate a motorcycle-riding, foul-mouthed grandmother and abrupt physical comedy, and hey--it'll be the talk of the dorm room.
    This is going up on my wall.

I honestly thought this had potential... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by StarskyMaxwell View Post
    Ouch, I dont really like the look of this,
    And Im a Family Guy/American Dad fan.
    Their neighbours are Bears. Nah this looked fishy from Day 1.
    I still watch it though. Where's Jr?

pretty rad

wow, what the hell. so this basically also means they're writing cleveland out of family guy.

bears? black stewie? slutty daughter? black steve smith's fat friend? dammit seth

the british family looks a lot like the finchleys from the FG episode one if by sea, two if by clam.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Junior Camper

I saw this a few months back and thought it was a joke, then I hear on the radio saying that Seth is like the highest paid man on television atm, between the 3 shows and his new contract with fox. They talked about this show and the announcers were even like, ok, stop already with the shows Seth.

Alias, I probably won't watch this as it looks stupid already. Just a black "family guy". I'm disappointed that this may take away from American Dad, as thats the only Seth show I like anymore. Why can't Seth just stop seriously.
    "That's rediculious, how could I even get all 5 necessary drops into her cereal.... what?"

pretty rad

wait I figured it out... the synopsis only mentions donna having two kids (daughter and baby). so the fat kid might be... cleveland jr.!

no wonder we haven't seen him in a while.

I'll give the show a fair chance but as of right now it doesn't look promising.

Blog Entries

wow

This is taking away American Dad? Shit, that's the only untanted show Seth made.

This will survive at least 3 seasons just based on the Family Guy connection. And the fat kid is just a copy of Barry from American Dad .

I'm surprised so many people are upset. 'American Dad' was never a good show, so regardless of how horrible 'Cleveland' is, I don't see why anyone would possibly care that a less funny 'Family Guy' filled with bad political satire will be getting cancelled.

'Family Guy' is still decent, and I wouldn't be surprised, given that 'Cleveland' seems almost bent on looking like an FG rip-off, if there's more to this whole thing than what people are thinking. I'm not expecting good things, but I doubt that it will be utterly terrible. But even if it is, I fail to understand why this is provoking such a hate-filled reaction from people who are already making judgments about it without having actually seen the show. Even if you're not expecting to enjoy it, all of the rants and criticisms are incredibly redundant and seem to do nothing more than fuel this board's collective anti-McFarlane mentality.

Blog Entries

I wonder if any actual black people will work on this show

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

It's because it's all just extremely lazy. Seriously, there's not an ounce of originality in this idea--why should we give MacFarlane the benefit of the doubt? Family Guy has fallen ridiculously far since its return (outside of the occasional solid episode, like Stewie Kills Lois), American Dad is wildly inconsistent, and I don't even need to go into The Winner. With this show, I'd be willing to give it a chance if it looked remotely interesting or innovative, but TV like that simply doesn't last very long (Arrested Development). But really, who needs something fresh and new when you can spew out an endless parade of stereotypical black, British, redneck, and sex jokes and sit on a cool hundred million dollars in the process?

And who needs a three-page long thread about it when everyone says the same thing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenDonut View Post
    'American Dad' was never a good show,
    Wrong. Try again.

Thread Information