Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Guy Spin-Off: "The Cleveland Show"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    Since when has anything about Family Guy or Seth Macfarlane ever been about creativity?
    You got me there Blinky.
    Last edited by CMYK; 03-02-2008 at 05:02 AM.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

If this isn't a joke, it's got to be one of the worst ideas for a spin off I've ever heard of. He's a boring character even for Family Guy which doesn't really have any one character that could support their own show. Every show mentioned there actually sounds like a joke (except maybe Mothballs and Relative Insanity which I don't really know anything about).

Omicido Attentato Multiplo Sideshow Jay's Avatar

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...nG=Search+News

I got several articles on a Google News search for "Family Guy spinoff" which all suggest that this is not a joke and is, in fact, real. Besides, April Fool's Day is a month away.

I can't even watch Family Guy anymore and I've phased out of watching American Dad, so I'll probably just watch Cleveland out of curiosity, but I don't expect anything remotely good to come out of it. Seth MacFarlane has got to be the biggest sellout in the animated adult sitcom industry.

This show will bombe. No one likes his character, I hope to goodness sake that this is a prank done by the people themselves, they have to know how disliked his character is. Come on guy's at least try a little harder to think of a spin off. A popular character would do much better, it would get ratings. Stewie and Brian would have been great.

Bart V.S Bob!
    Bart fan!

I'm a big fan of family guy, but will agree that it sounds a little boring. I'll wait and check it out before making any judgements though.

I wonder if Cleveland Jr. will be making any appearances.
    You can't prove it won't happen.

personality goes a long way Toli's Avatar

This was mentioned in an Australian paper today . Sounds pretty legit to me.

"SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker".

I don't understand what the producers of FG were thinking than if this indeed real. Its prob going to be like season five episodes of FG since there running out of ideas.

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

Yep, Daria's pretty great. Sure wish they would put that out on dvd.

I just have to remind myself I really hated Family Guy when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Groupie
    Yep, Daria's pretty great. Sure wish they would put that out on dvd.
    I never watched Beavis & Butthead, but I did catch several episodes of Daria back in the day and enjoyed its subtle, intelligent humor (which clashed with the rest of MTV).

I don't think a Family Guy spinoff would be any more high brow than the original show though. You have to wonder who the supporting characters would be in a show about a character who lives right across the street from the main family of Family Guy. Sure, we'd see more of Cleveland Jr., possibly Loretta, and that new girlfriend that Cleveland apparently has (I haven't watched FG much lately, so I never saw her introduction), but you can't have a show with just those characters (especially since Loretta isn't with Cleveland anymore). That leads me to believe that Peter, Quagmire, and Joe would become major sideline characters since the three of them and Cleveland are always together on Family Guy, thus the antics would end up being the same. This could be an opportunity for the writers to flesh out a lesser developed character, but then, this is Family Guy we're talking about, so the thought of character development just draws a big blank.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing more Cleveland Jr. I can't beleive they never use him, he is perfect for the present show.

Quote Originally Posted by Toli
    This was mentioned in an Australian paper today . Sounds pretty legit to me.
    Which one??! Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shutton
    I wouldn't mind seeing more Cleveland Jr. I can't beleive they never use him, he is perfect for the present show.
    I'm supposing that Loretta owns custody of him. Whatever happened to Joe and Bonnie's son Kevin? It seems all the non-Griffin kids have disappeared.

Yeah, the only kid they ever show is Neil Goldman sometimes. Speaking of the Goldman's what happened to his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by BartSimpsonfan17
    This show will bombe. No one likes his character, I hope to goodness sake that this is a prank done by the people themselves, they have to know how disliked his character is. Come on guy's at least try a little harder to think of a spin off. A popular character would do much better, it would get ratings. Stewie and Brian would have been great.
    ya, but if stewie and brian left FG, FG would suck
    fall with style

Scary Beast

No idea. Family Guy is not consistent at all

Darth Homer

Quote Originally Posted by NumberZone
    I don't know if a show centered on Cleveland would work, I mean, could he hold up a show on his own?, Why not a show about Mayor West instead? ;-/
    I will watch this show out of curiosity, but I still think that an Adam-West-themed show would do much better.

It's like swallowing Draino

Wow, just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower, they pull this out. I give it a few months to live...then again, with all those FG fans, it could go far...

Pardon me for being out of the loop, but who was Cleveland again? The black guy? If so, I really don't know how he could hold up a show on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

Yeah the really boring black guy

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie V. Scrivello
    Pardon me for being out of the loop, but who was Cleveland again? The black guy? If so, I really don't know how he could hold up a show on his own.
    Yeah, that's him. I really don't know if this show will last or not; it's difficult to predetermine because there are so many failures of shows that have at least fairly successful runs, and this could very well be one of them...or it could fall flat and make even the Family Guy fans tired of the same type of humor being bombarded at them.

I really can't picture you enjoying Family Guy, Harleen

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shutton
    I really can't picture you enjoying Family Guy, Harleen
    I don't. I used to like the first few seasons, but I don't really care for event those anymore.

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

maybe it'll be like premiere of south park season 2, where we all tune in to see "Cleveland" and end up seeing a "hahahahaha you fell for it!" screen before launching into a normal episode of FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Groupie
    Fail at one show, so try to spin it off? Excellent idea.
    Tell that to some of the nuts in GD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    maybe it'll be like premiere of south park season 2, where we all tune in to see "Cleveland" and end up seeing a "hahahahaha you fell for it!" screen before launching into a normal episode of FG.
    If April 1st fell on a Sunday, that'd be a great opportunity for them to pull a joke like that, but April 1st is on Tuesday this year. In fact, I think it was on Sunday last year. That would've been a better opportunity for them to do this.

Of course, there's still the possibility that this is legit, as much as the idea sucks, but then so does Family Guy lately.

HERE COME THE DRUMS! Chief Simpson's Avatar

This sounds terrible. Cleveland without Peter is like Beavis without Butthead.
    A response to the YouTube video, 'Family Guy Steals From The Simpsons' - Funniest thing I've ever read.
    If you guys didn't notice, Family Guy was produced by the same person that made the Simpsons.
    You can't steal from yourself, therefore, Family Guy can't steal from the Simpsons

her cocoa is so chuggable PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar

I actually think that Cleveland is one of the better members of Family Guy's wretched cast. I still dislike him and don't think that he can carry his own show, though.

Who wants to bet that an uninspired parody of the Drew Carey Show's theme song will be the theme song to this show?

LOL IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I GET THE REFERENCE!

I wouldn't put it past them.

blowin' money fast Clark Westfall's Avatar

I'm curious, but it will probably suck.

Freakin' Sweet User The Epic Winner's Avatar

I'm pretty much on the same level with every1 else here. I'm the biggest FG fan you'll ever meet...but a Cleveland spinoff? He's a pretty dull character; I hope to god Seth does something interesting with it, because I can't see it working as a comedy.
    Lucky there's a Family Guy...
    Need Family Guy, American Dad or The Cleveland Show news? Check out Freakin' Sweet News!

Thread Information