13 7.10%
  • 2/5 "Your music is bad and you should feel bad!"

3 1.64%
  • 1/5 "Why am I sticky and naked? Did I miss something fun?"

5 2.73%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Rate & Review Futurama: "Bender's Big Score"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Exact-amundo! .. which is why I put the words "future DVD releases" in post 208.
    The second Futurama movie "The Beast with a Billion Backs" is due out soon, after its been store bought awhile, It'll get its big ComdeyCentral debute and then cut up into individual sausage links to fatten up the total number of episodes for this once canceled series (72 eps total .. not counting the yet to be divided up movies)

Yet to release on DVD..

Bender's Game (2008)
    The Wild Green Yonder (2009)

Good times ahead!

Somewhat hard to follow and horribly paced. It was ok though but just not enjoyable enough and went into too many plots. They should have used time travelling less despite that being a theme. The jokes weren't great and no laugh out loud moments were featured with an obvious start with fox jokes. I liked how it referenced many other episodes which was disappointing in the simpsons movie with only a few references there. But it's good to see it back and Futurama will surely get better when season 5 comes. 2/5

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

I haven't even glanced at this thread before, but I finally saw this the other night. Color me disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Groupie
    I haven't even glanced at this thread before, but I finally saw this the other night. Color me disappointed.

Really?

Really?

That's just senseless. No offense.

Got my copy th other day, and it came with this flyer:

Sorry if this is old news, but it looks pretty official.

Blog Entries

2009 eh? Wonder if anymore will get greenlit before then.

I bought the English version (even though I already have the American version) and I got that flyer too. It's definately official...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

Here's hoping the next three are better.

pro-Mike Scully : ) Mister Cheech's Avatar

The commentary is the best commentary ever. John DiMaggio going insane in the corner with his Soprano's impersonations was the best. And Ken Keeler was hilarious. Oh man and that song with Santa and the Hanukkah Zombie and Kwanzabot was the best song ever, animated or otherwise. No way the next movies are going to be as good.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Oh, is that what that "OH! Hey, Skip," etc stuff was all about? I had no idea what was going on there, but it made me laugh.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

pro-Mike Scully : ) Mister Cheech's Avatar

It was a parody of The Sopranos, but I don't know anything more specific than that though cause I've never seen the show. I have been saying it constantly since I heard it, though.

HERE COME THE DRUMS! Chief Simpson's Avatar

Bought it from HMV this morning, I quite liked it. The singing on Neptune was a bit dull, but overall a good movie. A-.
    A response to the YouTube video, 'Family Guy Steals From The Simpsons' - Funniest thing I've ever read.
    If you guys didn't notice, Family Guy was produced by the same person that made the Simpsons.
    You can't steal from yourself, therefore, Family Guy can't steal from the Simpsons

I seem to be almost alone, but I felt this movie was weak, very weak.

The first few minutes had funny jokes but after that, it because a frustrating and pretentious time-travel plot full of annoying fanservice (do they really have to use almost every minor character? I cringed when I saw the basketball spacemen charging up a beam by throwing basketballs). I found the movie to be dull, irritating with the fanservice, and devoid of good jokes.

My parents and my brother found it to be very disappointing as well and I had to explain to my parents lots of those unnecessary callbacks/references. This definitively is not recommended for anyone who isn't a casual fan of the series.

1.5/5 , 2/5 is being generous.

I borrowed it from a friend and finally seen it.

It's pretty good. Not as funny as a regular episode, but still worth the watch.
    I specially enjoyed:
    -The introduction. It's an exciting way to re-introduce the characters
    -Both musical numbers. I tend to like musical numbers, and The Chanukkah Zombie is hilarious.
    -All the references to Futurama episodes. Fry's girlfriend, the dog, the clover, and so on.
    -The solid-gold Deathstars fight. I'm not sure why, but I loved to see all the characters fighting against the film's antagonists.
    -The Lars twist
    -The Globetrotters. I sure wasn't expecting them to be in the movie.

Could have been better, but it sets an interesting story for the next movies (you know, with the tear in the space-time continuum and all)

Blog Entries

5/5, reasons why it is so good, and my second favorite Futurama movie:

It had good pacing. The company roll call made me realize and remember how funny of a show this is. I loved everything. Hermes being decapitated was even funny in a horrible way. And then we meet a {familiar?} face, Lars. I knew who he was because i accidentally read at a forum {back before i saw this movie}. Still, I never would have guessed that. The naked aliens were a gross antagonist, but they did bring in some good laughs. I loved the time traveling even though it got confusing. I liked when everyone was fighting against the evil aliens. And of course, the cliffhanger ending... it was really good. All in all my second Futurama movie, first being into the wild green yonder.

Blog Entries

I think this was a great revival for Futurama. I don't think it lost a thing. This movie had a decent plot. It has been done before (aliens invading), but the execution of it this time around was great for the most part. I also think it did very well in the humor department. I loved the BOX Network thing at the beginning, for example. I have two minor complaints that don't really detract from my overall opinion very much. My first is that I thought that the plot was a little confusing around the middle of the movie. My second is that I think that there could have been a better subplot than Fry and that whale, such as one with maybe him and his dog, Seymour. Still, I enjoyed this movie a great deal. A-

Banned
    Blog Entries

An 5/5 from me.

Easily topples "The Simpsons Movie" as a better movie overall.

I guess the animation and (some of) the score is better in "The Simpsons Movie" but the writing and story telling is far better in the future.

I can go on and on about how good this is... but let's just say if a character gets a virus or decapitated or out romanced by a "bald headed kook" they all get to shine in the end and save the day in various ways.

Bravo to the entire crew.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 08-17-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Junior Camper

This was the only Futurama movie that felt like a real movie and had heart, and would've been a cooler finale than Wild Green Yonder. The other movies were pretty lame to me, maybe working on four movies in a row drained the crew's creative energy. 4/5
    Last edited by Zelek; 03-20-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Thread Information