63 25.40%
  • 3/5

70 28.23%
  • 2/5

55 22.18%
  • WORST EPISODE EVER

45 18.15%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Rate and Review "Husbands and Knives" (JABF17)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mindy Simmons View Post
    You folks are hilarious here.
    Why would I expect of forum full of Comic Book Guys to react any other way?
    NHC: Oh my god!!! It's the closest thing to a woman here! Get 'her'!
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I didn't like all the references (especially the Tintin thing), and a lot of the scenes were uncomfortable (especially Homer's excess skin). And then there is the major flaw in this episode's plot that has been pointed out hundreds of times. I don't particularly enjoy the comic book store plot, but the Marge plot is okay, although not enough to save the episode. 3/10

Banned
    Blog Entries

Horrible episode and probably the worst of season 19, the first act is acceptable enough but the episode devolves into a unwatchable mess after that, it isint quite one of the worst ever but i would probably put it in my bottom 20. 1/5

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Overhated IMO. The comic book store scenes are fun and there are good jokes in the main plot as well. Even stuff like the OK Go reference feel kinda charmingly dated to me.

The Comic Book Guy plot was watchable, it pisses me off how it was forgotten about so quick and turned into another boring marriage crisis episode which got pretty horrid once Homer's surgery began. I hate this one, worst of season 19 for sure.

2/10

Yikes... F

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Super bland, boring and unfunny mess of an episode with not much of value. One of the weakest episodes of season 19.

The opening Comic Book Guy plot with the rival super store opening across the street was pretty decent and had some nicely amusing moments, but nothing was really funny, Comic Book Guy was a bit too much of an jerkass (though he got his just desserts), and the story never got a proper resolution (ending with Android's Dungeon having to be shut down for the sake of the other plot taking over the reins).

The plot with Marge getting into shape and opening up a womens' gym and Homer cruising on her success and getting worried she'll leave him was just an really average, thin and rushed (not to mention forced) marriage crisis plot. Didn't care for Homer getting the plastic surgery to make Marge care about him (dumb) and his nightmare with him as this plastic surgery freak was one of the dumbest moments on the show. The wrap up was too quick and we never got to know what happened with Marge's career or if CBG got his shop back.

Disappointing overall; boring main story and with many failed jokes. The only thing that I think was pretty okay was the stuff with the rival comic book store with Jack Black's character; wish that the entire episode would've focused on the rivalrly instead of the weak Homer & Marge story. Certainly get why this is so hated, though for me it's one or two steps away from disaster.

2/5 (because of the alright comic book store plot)

One of the best episodes of The Simpsons 19th season! The main plot is turning out to be pretty brilliant! The B plot was good, but not enough for me! Somehow the plots came together, Comic book Guy closed his store to allow Marge's plot in the episode.

Hercules Rockefeller

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson's Fan View Post
    One of the best episodes of The Simpsons 19th season! The main plot is turning out to be pretty brilliant! The B plot was good, but not enough for me! Somehow the plots came together, Comic book Guy closed his store to allow Marge's plot in the episode.
    You're joking, right?

There was no B-plot. The comic book stuff was the first act that led into the main plot. 2/3 of the episode was Marge's business related or plastic surgery related. Saying the comic book stuff in this episode is the A-plot and Marge's plot is the B-plot is like saying Homer getting banned from Moe's is the A-plot of Fear of Flying and Marge's fear is the B-plot.

Also this episode was terrible and extremely disturbing.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Homerpalooza 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Okay, everyone has his own opinion and I made a mistake. You are right about the plastic surgery plot.
    Last edited by Simpson's Fan; 08-07-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Thread Information