Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venture Bros.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Venture Bros.

Title.
    groin-grabbingly transcendent!

I juuuuuuuusssssst got into this show in August, my friend gave me the 2 seasons to download so we watched together. I LOVE. I wish I got into this show sooner, it's so fucking great. There are so many good things I could say about it but my thoughts are all magic murder bag'd right now. I love all the characters a ton, especially Dr. Girlfriend (and the Monarch too). But really I just love all of them, it's hard for me to hate any of them.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

I've loved the show since the pilot and I have both seasons on DVD. I can't wait for the 3rd, or for some merchandise that Jackson Publick has been promising for a while now. I want a Brock Samson action figure!

Now witness the failure! StarskyMaxwell's Avatar

Orpheus is the greatest character ever.

Awesome show, especially season two. That one was practically flawless. Can't wait for the third one.

this is funny i was just watching season 2 dvd on SAT

I Got into the show actully because it looked werid and was only $8.80 dvd on DDD.com

I've been watching it since it started, even did a report for an animation class on the studio that makes it, Noodle Soup. Even spoke to them over the phone, I'm glad this show's done well.

So yeah I'm a huge fan of it actually, it started off as just a big Johnny Quest parody but I think its quickly come its own as its own unique entity. It can be a pretty clever show too, its not nearly as random as it may seem at first I think. Its definitely one of the best things Adult Swim's churrned out, I'm really anticipating the third season.

Computer Face/Pure Being StrideR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Venture Bros is probably the best animated show on TV right now... and it saved my testicles (true story). The stories are great, the jokes are hilarious and the characters are brilliant, each in his/her own unique way. It's consistently a must-rewatch show and I hope it continues to maintain that trend.

And I disagree... the greatest character is, and always will be, Brock Samson.
    Christ

be seeing you! Captain Yesterday's Avatar

Ya, Venture Bros. is my favorite Adult Swim show (which isn't saying much). I've only seen about four episodes [including the pilot (my favorite episode so far)] and my favorite character is the Monarch.

David Bowie

Blog Entries

Best WTF twist revelation ever.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I've got both seasons on DVD and am waiting for the 3rd, my favorite character would probably be HELPER
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Quote Originally Posted by StrideRRR
    Best WTF twist revelation ever.
    Did you expect anything less from the Homo Superior?

Pin Pal

I have been watching it since it started and I own both season on dvd. Its probably the best show Adult Swim has made.

I loves Venture Brothers, as people might be able to notice. I can't wait for season three!

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

This show is great i love the consistence in the episodes, stuff that happens in one episode effects stuff that happens in later episodes, something you don't get much in Adult swim cartoons or cartoons in general. I love all the knock off characters Baron Underbite = Dr. Doom as example. So what does everyone think? Is Dr. Girlfriend pregnant, did she used to be a man or is it some other completely different thing we can't even think of?

The Venture bros rock! The Monarch is a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shutton
    So what does everyone think? Is Dr. Girlfriend pregnant, did she used to be a man or is it some thing completely different?
    I thought about it, but in the one episode she assured 2 girls in a restroom that she actually belonged in there, so I kinda ruled out the "Sex change" thing (not entirely)

Banned

I thought it was kinda boring, but I heard they reference David Bowie heaps, so I'll give it another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shutton
    So what does everyone think? Is Dr. Girlfriend pregnant, did she used to be a man or is it some other completely different thing we can't even think of?
    Pregnancy was the first thing my mind went to. I think the transsexual thing will always just be a running joke with them, at least it's what I hope.. Would be kind of lame if she really did turn out to be a former guy, I just like the idea of her being a woman with an uber masculine voice too much.

so hot so manly voice

Blog Entries

Any coincidence that she sounds just like King Gorilla?

in 19 something and 5 mitch mitchell's Avatar

best show

Quote Originally Posted by StrideRRR
    Any coincidence that she sounds just like King Gorilla?
    King Gorilla is done by Jaskson Publick

Dr girlfriend is Doc Hammer

But King Gorilla did try the rape the Monarch

King Gorilla is Christopher McCulloch actually, but the similar voices were intentional as far as I've heard.

in 19 something and 5 mitch mitchell's Avatar

oh and #21 and #24 are the best

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    King Gorilla is Christopher McCulloch actually, but the similar voices were intentional as far as I've heard.

Christopher McCulloch is Jackson Publick

Hah really? Had no clue, usually all the credits I see dont' make the distinction otherwise. Oh well.

The Surayama(sp?) episode is probably my favorite. Does anyone know when season 3's coming out?

Season 3 will hopefully be out by springtime.

I am wondering what Sheila's secret is, as well.

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

Any show that saved a Strideball must be good.

Craig is really into it, so I've seen a few episodes. Not enough to get a good enough feel for it though. I have been meaning to really watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

For those who don't check here's some stuff from Publick's LiveJournal with some new set design images because the show is going to be done in HD now.

Doc and I have just finished writing episode 39 of The Venture Bros., which, if you do your math, is the finale of Season Three. So we're done with the writing for a while, though, thanks to a number of intriguing plot developments in this last episode, we find ourselves uncharacteristically enthusiastic about starting up the next season as soon as possible. The past month was grueling--hence no posts here for a while--but rewarding. While we were writing the last two episodes at night, I was spending my days revising the storyboards and editing the animatic for the premier episode. Needless to say, the alpha and omega of any season are terribly important, so obsessing over getting both right at the same time with only so many hours in the day in which to do it was a challenge. Fortunately, I was not alone in either endeavor. Doc wrote heroically, and the storyboard team really busted their collective hump. Thank you, guys and gals.

Other than that, production's going pretty well. A little bit behind schedule, as always, but everyone is turning out great work. We're presently designing ep. 39, editing the animatic and coloring for ep. 33, storyboarding eps. 37 & 38, and we're set to record ep. 36 this week. I'm looking forward to being a full-time director and having my nights free for a while, but post-production will be starting up in about a month and a half, when we start seeing footage from Korea--screengrabs of which I'll undoubtedly post when the time comes. We've never edited HD footage before (did I mention The Venture Bros. is being made in HD this season?), so it should be interesting and full of unforseen technical dilemmas.

Now that I can look back on a full 13 scripts, I can truthfully say it will be a weird season. We dug deeper than we have before, told richer stories, took some chances (we'll see if they pay off), and, as promised in the commentary for the Season Two DVD, made no intentional Star Wars references. I think we managed to hit just about every semi-important character who's appeared before (with the exception of Baron Ünderbheit--might as well tell you now), including some Season 1 favorites who didn't get much play in season 2. And we introduced plenty of new ones, adding multiple layers of backstory (and forwardstory) to the Team Venture saga. And though we wrote more "stand-alone" episodes than usual, there is definitely an arc to this season. Long time viewers will undoubtedly get more out of it than newer ones, who we'll probably alienate altogether. One thing I can promise you is this: if you're a fan of the show, and at some point mid-way into this coming season you start wondering to yourself things like "How come they never __________ anymore?" or "Whatever happend to __________?"...just wait. It's coming.

Venture Compound

Venture Compound at night
    Venture Compound overhead
    Conjectural Technologies bathroom
    Venture living room
    Venture kitchen
    Venture lobby
    Venture surveillance room
    Purty hallway
    The X-1 cockpit

Thread Information