View Poll Results: Season 9's Best Episode Semi~Finals

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson (4F22)

14 31.82%
  • Lisa's Sax (3G02)

15 34.09%
  • The Cartridge Family (5F01)

6 13.64%
  • The Joy of Sect (5F23)

1 2.27%
  • Das Bus (5F11)

0 0%
  • This Little Wiggy (5F13)

3 6.82%
  • Simpson Tide (3G04)

3 6.82%
  • Girly Edition (5F15)

2 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 9's Best Episode Semi~ Finals

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Season 9's Best Episode Semi~ Finals

3-day poll. Coming Soon- Season 10: Revenge
    Best Episodes:
    S1: BART THE GENERAL
    S2: LISA'S SUB
    S3: HOMER AT THE BAT
    S4: MR. PLOW
    S5. CAPE FEARE
    S6: TREEHOUSE OF HORROR V
    S7: 22 SHORT FILMS ABOUT SPRINGFIELD
    S8: YOU ONLY MOVE TWICE

Descriptions from Nohomers.net:
    "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" (4F22) Airdate: 09/21/97
    Driven to the brink of insanity due to his appointed status as designated driver, Barney Gumble drives to downtown Manhattan in Homer's car, leaving it there. But when the family journeys to New York to retrieve the automobile, Homer faces a showdown with the dreaded big apple.

"Lisa's Sax" (3G02) Airdate: 10/19/97
    When Lisa's saxaphone is destroyed during a scuffle with Bart, the family recounts the story of how she got her instrument during the terrible heat wave of 1990.

"The Cartridge Family" (5F01) Airdate: 11/02/97
    After a wild soccer riot tears up Springfield, Homer purchases a handgun to protect his family. But when Marge's repeated requests to dispose of the weapon go without notice, she whisks herself and the kids away to a seedy motel. This episode was banned in the United Kingdom.

"The Joy of Sect" (5F23) Airdate: 02/08/98
    Along with the majority of Springfield, Homer and company are lured into the Movementarian cult by a slick pamphlet and tantalizing promises. But as Marge begins to realize that the cult only has money on its mind, she must try her hand at deprogramming to rescue her family.

"Das Bus" (5F11) Airdate: 02/15/98
    Bart, Lisa and their classmates fight for survival after becoming stranded on a deserted island ala "Lord of the Flies". Meanwhile, Homer attracts the attention of Bill Gates when he creates a home-based consulting firm.

"This Little Wiggy" (5F13) Airdate: 03/22/98
    Taking pity on Ralph Wiggum, Marge pairs him with Bart. But his association with Ralph quickly turns out to be beneficial when Bart learns that his father holds the master key to every store in Springfield.

"Simpson Tide" (3G04) Airdate: 03/29/98
    Bored as usual, Homer decides to take up a new career in the Navy, where he accidentally sends a submarine into Russian waters. Meanwhile, Bart gets his ear pierced. Guest starring Bob Denver.

"Girly Edition" (5F15) Airdate: 04/19/98
    Bart and Lisa compete with each other when the pair land anchor seats on a children's educational news program. Meanwhile, Homer obtains a helper monkey, which he quickly puts to work looting donut shops.

$1 naughtier than most

LISAS SAX OF COURSE!!!!!!!

Gotta show my support for Lisa's Sax.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Jumped The Shark

I guess I'll be the odd man out and vote for THis Little WIggy.

Question: After you're done with best episodes, will there be worst episode polls?

$1 naughtier than most

Worst episodes polls wouldnt be a great idea as season 2 to 8 are so good that are really no bad episodes.

Lisa's Sax, without any doubt! :lisa:
    Andreas

A good way to do a worst episode poll is instead of doing this all over again, take all of the episodes that got less than 2 votes in its opening round (if you make it the ones that got none it won't work, because if one person liked it, it might still be the worst). So you could redo the polls with the bottom half of each maybe.

This was between Lisa's Sax and NY vs. Homer, and again, I picked Lisa's Sax.

New York. "No bowl. Stick!"

Why the hell is everyone voting "Lisa's Sax"? I never even saw it, and from what I've heard, it's not all that hot. You guys are making it out to be the best episode ever!

I still go 4F22.

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Thumbs Up Might as well

Might as well move on to the finals, cause it's obviously gonna be a battle between NY and Sax.

All-Time Rankings
    1: Bart Gets An Elephant, 2: Duffless, 3: Lisa The Vegetarian

Ho Jo

This Little Wiggy for me.
    And now a word from my God...our sponsor!

Lisa's Sax, all the way.

is back from the dead

"Lisa's Sax" is an A+ episode, but its getting all the votes and I think "The Cartridge Family" is better because of its shrewd satire and insight into the male macho image and how the violent power of a gun can captivate a person. It is even more remarkable because it does this with doles of humor: the hypocrisy of the NRA at the funny meeting, Homer turning off the light with the gun, the Sleaze-E motel sequences, Homer imagining shooting things (Flanders and Patty and Selma especially ), the gun in the vegetable crisper, "Would you like me to get down the cat" and a ton of other things.

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

$1 naughtier than most

The cartridge family is good but lisas sax is better.

HVtCoNY

Sax is good but not great. The All In Family parody was good. There were some jokes... A flashback episode is the step above a clip show. it screws up what you think you know. I don't think it is an A+ episode. It is more of an A- because it provides more story than hilarity. Sax is my third favorite because it can never replace "The World's Greatest Soccer Game. find out who is the best country in the world: Portugal or Uraguay" i think that was it.

Homer Vs. NY because of the great stereotypical moments. Almost the entire episode makes fun of the New York stereotype, and it does so perfectly.
    I'm back.

It's a very close call between:

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
    Lisa's Sax
    The Cartridge Family

In this round I voted for The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson. But, the more I think about it the more I love The Cartridge Family. In the end though, I predict that Lisa's Sax will prevail.

Junior Camper

this is definately a hard choice because I love all of these episodes.But I have to go with a 3-way tie with The Cartridge Family,This Little Wiggy,and The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson.

Avenger Of Evil
    Somewhere Taking The Law Into My Own Hands

My uncle is nuts about the cartridge family.

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Tough choice between Cartridge Family and Lisa's Sax. I didn't much care for Homer vs New York.

Junior Camper

hmm how tough is this for me? Homer Simpson vs City of New York ranks one on my list, Das Bus is 35, and This Little Wiggy is 38. Lisa's Sax didn't even make my list of 50, true it makes my top 75 or so and if I had to give it a grade, it would probably be B+, maybe even a B. I just don't like flashback episodes, though I did enjoy The Way We Was. City of New York is just a stronger ep in every facet, satire, stereotypical portrayal, jokes (gags, one-liners, etc). I guess you have to be a New Yorker to truly appreciate jokes like the ZZTop one, Flushing Meadows dreamlike sequence, and Homer:"Ok, but once it gets dark all the weirdos turn crazy." I can't imagine why all of you like Lisa's Sax so much, but my vote goes for, and will go for in the finals, and will hopefully be able to go for in the AllStars poll, Homer Simpson vs. The City of New York.
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing

1)The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson

End Communication

I said Joy of Sect. I just loved the leader beans and blisstonia and Flanders.

"Marge you're the leader? You don't look anything like the beans."-Homer

S9 isn't that bad. When comparing it to other seasons, it is worse. It had quality episodes.

It did have Bart Carny... the begining of the end. I think Bart Carny was the strict turning point in the series.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

Neat, the 3 most voted for episodes are exactly how I would place them.

Thinks he wet his bed

"The City of NY vs. Homer Simpson" is the best of those choices, although "Girly Edition" is a close second.
    I ated the purple berries, which taste like burning

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

Re: Might as well

Originally posted by Tirefire
    Might as well move on to the finals, cause it's obviously gonna be a battle between NY and Sax.
    Which was actually fairly obvious in the quarter-finals. I don't know why we bothered having semis, really. I voted HvNYC, only because, as I said before, I haven't seen "Lisa's Sax", which I've heard nothing but good things about.

The Boy Who Lived

Lisa's Sax OWNZ!

Stonecutter

I think City of NY vs. Homer S. and Lisa Sax should just be in the FINALS. Their tied and they should just be them 2.

Junior Camper

Originally posted by Joshman
    I think City of NY vs. Homer S. and Lisa Sax should just be in the FINALS. Their tied and they should just be them 2.
    I agree because then, not to take away from any of eps listed,but people will be choosing and only choosing from those two worthy eps, rather than getting sidetracked with episodes that really don't have any chance of winning even though I personally do love Joy of Sect, Cartridge Family, This Little Wiggy, and Das Bus. If i didn't have my list, I, too, would have gotten sidetracked.

Joy of Sect:Homer:"Homer no function beer can't without."

Cartridge Family:Homer:"oh, I'll kill myself if Portugal doesn't win."

This Little Wiggy:Ralph:"She's touching my special area."

Das Bus:Bart: Wow, cool, God is so in your face!
    Homer: Yeah, he's my favorite fictional character.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

This was hard, because I like Lisa's Sax almost as much as The City of New York vs Homer Simpson, but I figured most people would vote for Lisa's Sax, so I voted for 'New York'. I think 'New York' is just a really fun episode.

$1 naughtier than most

Its gonna be so close in the finals.

of course im gonna vote for Lisas sax.

Thread Information