View Poll Results: RATE AND REVIEW THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!!

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 STARS - WOO-HOO! Completely worth the 18 year wait!

331 32.14%
  • 4.5 STARS - Fantastic

201 19.51%
  • 4 STARS - Excellent

173 16.80%
  • 3.5 STARS - Really good

95 9.22%
  • 3 STARS - It was pretty good, but could have been better

121 11.75%
  • 2.5 STARS - Hmmm... good, I guess

35 3.40%
  • 2 STARS - Meh, I dunno, not entirely what I wanted

26 2.52%
  • 1.5 STARS - Not too good

13 1.26%
  • 1 STAR - Groan, that was pretty bad

12 1.17%
  • 0.5 STARS - Not worth the wait at all, wish it was never made

7 0.68%
  • 0 STARS - The worst moment in Simpsons history

16 1.55%
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: THE SIMPSONS MOVIE

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned

Why?

Blog Entries

like i said, i dunno, it just does.

back when the thread started pretty much everyone loved it or at least liked it a lot, now the general consensus has turned and pretty much everyone hates/dislikes it. it just seems weird to me

Banned

Maybe people have grown up over the past 4/5 years.

Let me get this straight. How many of you know it's rare to see an animated movie TODAY in completely 2-D. Huh? Anyone? Princess and The Frog? There's one so far. Anyone else? No? I don't know about you, but so far I have seen too many movies animated in 3D, yet rare films in mostly 2D, like The Simpsons Movie with a pretty decent plot, made me want to say, "WOO-HOO!". I know that half of you are like "WOO-HOO!" and the other half of you are, "Meh..." and the rest are, "Ugh". Come on people. These are some of the most creative plots ever seen, they worked hard on this film for eighteen years. It maybe digital 2-D, but it's a great reminder of the classic Simpsons. You can either go ahead and stick to neglecting the rest of the series and call it "Zombie Simpsons" or you can encourage them to write more better complex and emotional plots like back than. So far, in Season 23, it's shown to be more hits than misses. You can deny all you want, but look at the reviews from BOTH Fans and Critics, especially a lot of the fans, including classic fans, not just modern fans, but classic as well. PEACE OUT.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shoz999 View Post
    Let me get this straight. How many of you know it's rare to see an animated movie TODAY in completely 2-D.
    So, um... we should praise the movie because it was in 2-D? First of all, I'm not even sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that you prefer this style of animation to, say, Toy Story-style animation? Or are you saying that The Simpsons Movie was not released in 3-D? The latter really shouldn't matter, as you can still see movies released in 3-D in 2-D.

For the record, I still think the movie was pretty good, but not because it was in 2-D.

I know that half of you are like "WOO-HOO!" and the other half of you are, "Meh..." and the rest are, "Ugh".
    Fucking fractions, how do they work?!

You can deny all you want, but look at the reviews from BOTH Fans and Critics, especially a lot of the fans, including classic fans, not just modern fans, but classic as well. PEACE OUT.
    I've looked at the reviews on here, and a lot of them don't support your theory.

On another note, where is all this hate for the term "Zombie Simpsons" coming from? Yes, it's cliché. Yes, it's overused. But are people seriously offended by it?

jammy dogder advisory board jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow shoz, your all over the place with your "argument", are you saying season 23 has been good? nothing you have said has justified it, you've just stated there are more hits than misses which means nothing at all, I'm not bothered about modern simpsons, it's died a long, slow death and it's regurgitating the same stuff over and over again to extend it's legacy as the longest running cartoon and to get more money. For the record I don't care about 2D or whatever, the animation doesn't excuse some of the idiotic plot elements and childish gags. I don't see what your referring to in the movie when you said "creative plots". The basic outline of the story with Springfield being stuck in a dome and seconds away from dissapearing off the map is decent, but I don't see Lisa getting a new love interest and Homer and Marge breaking up very creative.

Oh and if you have two equal halves of something there is nothing left over, I think the fraction your looking for is a third. Also show me what fans of the classic era have given great reviews to season 23.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    On another note, where is all this hate for the term "Zombie Simpsons" coming from? Yes, it's cliché. Yes, it's overused. But are people seriously offended by it?
    I'm not offended by it, I just hate the term. It just sounds cringeworthy; it reminds me of people like Bleedin' Gums, which naturally doesn't help its case

I would rate the movie 2. new characters were added, story was plain. Would have been better without all the dumb stuff.
    When not watching The Simpsons you can always play Simpsons Games !!!

I'll post a short review for this movie since it has been 3 years since I've last watched it but I thought it was a very funny film, laughing all three times I saw it at the theatre. With a lot of the old writers coming back it felt a lot like the early seasons' humour.
    The main problem I had is that the plot is so predictable and is just what I would have expected for a TV Show-movie. And I've always been disappointed by Alf Clausen not doing the soundtrack.

Overall: 4/5

the movie was great but i felt like moe in the theater people laughing made me want to start slashing guts and kicking throats but anyway heres what i didnt like (whatever does not make the list you can assume i like) to me most of the humor that came from homer was him getting hurt and that can be funny but i got a little tired of it after a while. spiderpig was he same ,not that the he overstayed his welcome but the fact that people thought it was the best thng ever. the part with the native american lady was a little slow but i helped move the story along. my last complaint: the movie was for non simpsons fans. i was hoping for more refernces to the show the only one i saw was the ambulance at the gorge that was realy the only thing that i was really let down by there may be a few other things that i cant remember right now but i ahvent watched the movie in a while. overal everything else was good and i would give it a B+

1/5 for me. wasn't really fan of this.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

5/5 I watched it so many times, I hope next Simpsons Movie will be as good as this if not better. I tried watch this with polish dubbing, but it sucks, so I tried with subtitles but they screwed up all this jokes, so I turned back english language and watched it every day for few weeks.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krzak View Post
    5/5 I watched it so many times, I hope next Simpsons Movie will be as good as this if not better.
    That won't take much.

Blog Entries

har har

rdrr

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

Has it been that long?

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY, SIMPSONS MOVIE!

Anyone here like to post their thoughts about the movie today?

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I remember watching it in late July 2007 and I thought it was a really fun little movie. It was kind of what I expected so I wasn't really let down, but of course, it missed some of the bits and pieces like I thought would be there, such as Sideshow Bob in a role (which was cut out; Kelsey sure got the boot here) and some of the deleted scenes that looked quite interesting and fun but never made it into the final cut; I'd like to hope for a Directors cut at some point with most of those reinserted.

I actually rewatched it over a month ago or so and it's still a pretty funny movie even though not perfect, a 4/5 at best; I know that the Simpson family was the focus but I would have wanted to see more of the Springfielders and their life under the dome; for example, recurring characters such as Apu, Willie and Moleman never even got a single line so I think that this being The Movie and all, they should have given more characters speaking parts. Still, it's a good and fun movie despite it's flaws.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best thing today is...ah, it looks GREAT on Blu Ray!
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

Watched the Blu earlier today, that's my celebration.

A+ when I first saw it, but I liked it less after multiple viewings. I'd probably give it a B+/B now, but nothing will beat seeing it for the first time in the theater on opening night.
    Season 26: Clown In The Dumps: C- | The Wreck of the Relationship: B- | Super Franchise Me: C+ | Treehouse of Horror XXV: B- | Opposites A-Frack: B- | Simpsonorama: C | Blazed and Confused: C- | Covercraft: B | I Won't Be Home For Christmas: B+ | The Man Who Came To Be Dinner: B | Bart's New Friend: B- | The Musk Who Fell To Earth: C+ | Walking Big and Tall: B- | My Fare Lady: B | The Princess Guide: C+ | Sky Police: B- | Waiting For Duffman: C | Peeping Mom: B-

My Season Rankings: 4, 7, 5, 6, 8, 3, 2, 9, 1, 15, 14, 16, 10, 13, 21, 20, 19, 17, 25, 24, 23, 22, 12, 18, 11

I love this movie, I watched more than 10 times and I'm still laughing!
    Sorry for my english, i use the translator

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: extra

Does anybody know where to find and how much is the simpsons movie comic 'the Springfield shopper' it was part of a giveaway with the sun in the uk and I can't seem to find it . Thanks .

Blog Entries

lol

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: friz

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Rewatched it last night after seeing the post here noting the 5 years, though I did watch it last year so it's not like I'm seeing it again after a long while. I think it holds up, and it's nearly as good as when I saw it the first time. But I still really liked it.

Stuff I loved:
    • The animation and the detail of the backgrounds
    • The crowd scenes
    • A lot of the jokes have that classic era quality, no doubt due to long gone classic era writers returning
    • A. Brooks is the big guest star! Given his history with the show, he deserves it
    • How the plot unfolds, very much a buildup of chaos
    • Homer and Marge's marriage crisis, the wedding video moment really is a tear jerker
    • Bart and Flanders subplot, it got a lot of screen time which made it one of the stronger plots in the film
    • Hans Zimmer's score

Stuff I didn't love:
    • Lisa's story was very weak, had Colin appeared in the series it would have saved the lightness of the Colin plot in the movie. But as we know, it was just a "Hi Colin!"/"Bye Colin!" thing
    • Nearly all the deleted material should have really been in, especially the cameos from Sideshow Bob, the DMV scene, Kang and Kodos in the end credits (they were credited and didn't even appear!), the sausage truck, the bit with Plopper painting the dog house. The movie was running short anyway, so why not tack on five more minutes?
    • No Power Plant or Springfield Elementary scenes (granted it was summer and school was out, so lack of the former makes sense)
    • Mr. Burns deserved a bigger role, perhaps working with Cargill?
    • Some weak jokes or jokes that fell flat
    • A few pain gags were too cartoony. The stuff on the roof? Awesome! The stuff with the wrecking ball? Too wacky.

Overall, I give it a 4/5 and that's not with nostalgia. Just based on my rewatching it last night. I do, however, look fondly on the summer of 2007. The 7-Eleven promos, the Burger King toys, the release of The Simpsons Game in the fall, the many promotional events. It really was a great year for Simpsons fans.

---

I will say that I think references to the movie have been handled well in the series, though Colin and Russ Cargill deserve stand alone episodes. For Colin, I could see an episode continuing the Lisa and Milhouse story last seen in Homer Scissorhands and confirmed that they'd end up together in Holidays of Future Passed. Lisa starts to take a liking to Milhouse when Colin returns. For Cargill, perhaps have him return teaming up with Sideshow Bob or Burns. Or maybe have Cargill sent to live in Springfield as punishment for his crimes against the town, and he slowly learns to love it. Or whatever, I'm not a writer. :P
    UP AND ATOM!

Can anyone tell me what jokes were Swartzwelders on The Simpsons Movie???

Blog Entries

I never saw the Simpsons movie.

Is that bad?

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well you don't like the show for let's say the last 8 years before the movie and ever since, and many people's opinion of the movie is either it sucked to begin with or its gotten worse over time....so no.

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    I never saw the Simpsons movie.

Is that bad?
    ............................................................ .........................................................tha t...is a mortal sin.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    ............................................................ .........................................................tha t...is a mortal sin.
    Whoa, a space in 'that'. You're slipping, Panther.

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, that did it itself. When you put a ton of ellipses, for some reason it puts spaces in stuff.

Thread Information