View Poll Results: RATE AND REVIEW THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!!

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 STARS - WOO-HOO! Completely worth the 18 year wait!

331 32.14%
  • 4.5 STARS - Fantastic

201 19.51%
  • 4 STARS - Excellent

173 16.80%
  • 3.5 STARS - Really good

95 9.22%
  • 3 STARS - It was pretty good, but could have been better

121 11.75%
  • 2.5 STARS - Hmmm... good, I guess

35 3.40%
  • 2 STARS - Meh, I dunno, not entirely what I wanted

26 2.52%
  • 1.5 STARS - Not too good

13 1.26%
  • 1 STAR - Groan, that was pretty bad

12 1.17%
  • 0.5 STARS - Not worth the wait at all, wish it was never made

7 0.68%
  • 0 STARS - The worst moment in Simpsons history

16 1.55%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: THE SIMPSONS MOVIE

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I enjoyed the movie but noticed the suspension of gravity when Homer rode around the giant force field lmao... they didnt used to do that back in the day... bend the laws of physics or "surreal" moments as much. As the series goes on, theyre doing it much more.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Banned

Interesting poll results...I wonder if those 53% that voted the movie a 9/10 or 10/10 still feel the same way now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    Well, after waiting over 15 years, I've finally seen the Simpsons movie and was it worth the wait. Thankfully for the most part, yes.

What the Movie has that the current (last nine seasons) has lacked is genuine sentiment. Not only did it run the whole run of gamut of emotions, the pacing and the jokes were very well done, IMO. The animation rounded off a very polished and entertaining package. If there were any complaints, it'd be Homer's pain gags were a tad bit too many and Albert Brooks's character was mostly unfunny, IMO.

Was it a 10/10? Nope, "The Lion King" and "The Incredilbes" still rank higher than the Simpsons Movie, for me. But as it stands, I'd give the OFF movie a 9/10 (A minus).
    How would you rate the movie now Le Jake?
    Last edited by Bleedin' Gums Murphy; 02-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I never reviewed this? Wow.

An amazing movie that shows the writers still have it. Loads of jokes, emotion, animation, and everything else. Perfect.
    Still stand by your comment a couple of years ago?

The movie is GREAT. It has everything I LOVE about the glory years and its one of the few times, I've actually cried during a scene of any movie/television show (the wedding video got me). It's also hilarious and if it was an episode from the glory years, it would definitively make the top 10. The only thing that could make it better, would be the addition of Greg Daniels, Josh Weinstein and Bill Oakley to the writing staff of the movie and the removal of Ian Maxtone-Graham. 4.5/5 stars, 9.5/10 or A-.
    Top Five Episodes: The PTA Disbands, Last Exit to Springfield, Mr. Plow, Marge vs. the Monorail and Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind.

4/5
    This movie was very funny.But I didnt like the Zombie Animation.And also I really was not a big fan of all the trying to be epic and cinematic crap it just doesnt fit The Simpsons.The Enviriomental Stuff felt pretty out of place too.The premise was also downright ridicilous and inconsistent with the series entirely just to show some bunch of Celebs like Arnold Schwarzenneger.
    And also the Alaska thing ugh we want to see more of Springfield we dont want to watch mountains and stupid Old Hags(Boob Lady/Indian Woman).But its still funny and wacky and made me laugh a LOT.

My fave moment of the Movie was:
    Apu:Look all this stuff doesnt matter.Just look into your heart and you'll find the answer!
    *Smithers waving his hands saying NO NO"
    Mr.Burns:Release the Hounds!
    Apu,Wiggum and I think Moe:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    Mr.Burns: First Door to the Left!
    Apu,Wiggum and I think Moe:Thank You!
    That made me laugh so hard!
    I miss the "Release the Hounds" Joke It really is Timeless

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Interesting poll results...I wonder if those 53% that voted the movie a 9/10 or 10/10 still feel the same way now.
    i'm pretty sure half of those people, or right around there, would change their votes if they could.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Still stand by your comment a couple of years ago?
    Yes.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Without words, it watched many many times and I'm still laughing as the first time.
    5/5
    Sorry for my english, i use the translator

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was an 4 1/2 out of 5 for me... pretty darn great.

Blog Entries

Why has the opinion of this movie shifted so drastically? For normal episodes, the reaction to it usually doesn't change much over time, if at all. Why is it so different in this case?

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's probably because of the epic approach. It kinda looks great in the big screen but doesn't mean so much in TV (not even in home cinema). It's like big blockbusters movies that are enjoyable in cinemas but not so much on tv. The movie is ok but it's not one of the best episodes ever. It's not even the "best episode" of the Jean era, so it doesn't hold up so great in subsequent viewings. It the story had been more focussed, original or dramatic it could probably have more impact. To me the movie is on par with a regular/good episode from season 9/seasons 13-16, but even in those seasons there are episodes I enjoy more.

South Park, Beavis and Butthead and Spongebob Movies worked better IMO, probably cause they didn't have anything "epic" before (although South Park has done it a lot of times later) and the plots were more focussed, but The Simpsons had their amount of episodes involving the whole city or a big villain-esque plan before.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity Pumpkin View Post
    The beginning and end were the best parts. They should have kept the entire movie in Springfield.

Also, less writers, and longer scenes. It felt like the movie was in ADD mode, most likely because all of the writers wanted their ideas implemented some way or another. This is especially obvious when nothing makes sense chronologically (Flanders in the Krusty Burger from day to dusk, which the writers even joke about during the commentary). They bragged about adding ideas and changing things up until the last minute, but when it causes mistakes like that it's obviously a bad thing. Another example pointed out by Dead Homer Society was The Simpsons being fugitives one minute, and free to casually stroll around the next.

Lisa's subplot with the Irish boy was stupid, because the audience has no emotional attachment to him. I couldn't even remember his name, and he barely had any lines. They should have stayed with their original idea and made Lisa's love interest Milhouse! The contast between those two characters is great - She's realistic and down to Earth, whereas Milhouse is a dorky weiner with a big nose. But what we ended up with was essentially two of the same character.

I generally hate roadtrip movies, so yeah, it started to suck when they made their journey to Alaska. When Homer watched Marge's tape - ugh, so forced and cliche! Yes it was sad, but not in a way that sticks with you, since Homer and Marge get back together in the end. Actually, the scene ends up being humorous on repeated viewings since she taped over her wedding video for nothing. LOL.

The sad moments in the show stay that way (except for Homer losing his mom, since they brought her back again in the Jean era. And yeah, I know they killed her off in a later episode but that just ruins the moment in Mother Simpson moreso). Lisa had to say goodbye to Mr Bergstrom forever, Skinner and Patty had to break up forever, Selma had to accept she couldn't have kids, etc... Only instead of completely rectifying the situation, they made do with bittersweet endings. Lisa learned to appreciate her father, Skinner took comfort in punishing Bart, and Selma made do with her pet iguana.

Therefore, I think a better ending to the movie would have been Homer not winning Marge back. I won't turn this into fanfiction or anything, but if something similar to that happened, it would've made the movie's sad moment (and therefore the movie itself) more memorable. People would think of that movie as an important moment in the series, rather than just some random shit that happened between seasons 18 and 19.
    This is a very interesting post and everything you say it's true... but the final paragraph is just so wrong . Homer not winning Marge back? Like forever? Or it could happen again in the series?

I mean, Lisa and Colin having a sad ending? Totally. But Homer and Marge? No, that's just wrong.

Like I have said before I think they could have tried something more dramatic like Marge almost dying in Alaska, something that really makes Homer realize that he's been very selfish, and not that epiphany shortcut, since Marge trying to break with Homer is something we have seen SOOO many times now that it just doesn't feel dramatic at all.

But them breaking forever would be just too much. Like, they don't want to break the status quo for minor things and they were going to do something as radical as that? That would be almost like killing one of the members of the family, it changes the whole premise of the show.

On a personal note, I don't think Lisa having a perfect pair like Colin is necessarily a bad thing. Even though having a contrast between two characters is great, Lisa having a "proper" boyfriend is something they could totally explore, but they've done it in extremely shallow ways over the years. They should explore the kids characters a little more. Like when Jacques is kind of a good lover for Marge but he isn't as sweet as Homer. Most of this good boyfriends are totally perfect and at the end they suddenly show a flaw or ...nothing happens, like in the movie. In fact if she has kept Colin as a boyfriend after the movie that would have made it more relevant and kind of a turning point.
    Last edited by Cartoonnetwork; 03-10-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Banned

Financial Panther

Because people have grown up since then. The movie is awful.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

there was so much hype surrounding the movie that it was always eventually going to suffer a backlash from viewers watching in hindsight.
    Last edited by c l o n e; 04-28-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blobulle View Post
    I've never posted in this thread ?
    Well, 3 stars, but I'll explain later...
    I changed my mind, 4/5.
    The beginning is wonderful, very well animated, I'm just a bit disappointed by the story.

Banned

Oh the animation was good you say? I guess that lowers my mark even further...

I don't care what some of you say. I definitely love this movie

A+
    Soon Season 31

^ Agreed. I liked the movie as well.

Blog Entries

first time seeing this, being a huge simpsons fan, it was like the funniest, best cinema experience of my life (Since been beaten numerous times).

but now it's boring. it's a different feel watching the movie with loads of fans just like you; it somehow magically makes it appear funnier than it really is. that's not to say the movie isn't funny, there are definitely funny parts in there, but i just don't like it as much as i originally did. it grows weak upon rewatch value. a lot of the jokes i originally laughed at in the theater just don't cut it anymore

Blog Entries

Seeing it in theaters with so many Simpsons fans, even if the jokes fall flat, is a great time.

CG Rigger/Freelance Designer Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The movie was great! Although it has been a while since I watched it. Now, I believe that this is the movie that I've seen the most. It has made a really big impact on many people. When you mention just that particular part in the movie, it is instantly recognized by many. Such as Bart's skateboarding scene down to Krusty Burger, or The Pig Crap Silo, and most popular: Spiderpig. All my friends know that part because the movie was very very distinct in it's style. (One of the few movies in 2-D made since 2000)

Overall, the watch was extremely satisfying, I came out of the cinema with a stomach ache from laughing. It was only too normal in the cinema...
    The plot was very well planned and written, and the humor is well integrated into the movie. It contains emotional scenes, Laugh-out-loud scenes, and silly scenes.
    The movie was made nearly five years ago, and yet, people don't forget the movie. A long-lasting footprint in the soul and mind, in my opinion- nearly perfect.
    9.5/10 or lets just say 5/5

I think another Simpsons movie should be made soon as a chance for The Simpsons to earn back the respect of their fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The movie was great! Although it has been a while since I watched it. Now, I believe that this is the movie that I've seen the most. It has made a really big impact on many people. When you mention just that particular part in the movie, it is instantly recognized by many. Such as Bart's skateboarding scene down to Krusty Burger, or The Pig Crap Silo, and most popular: Spiderpig. All my friends know that part because the movie was very very distinct in it's style. (One of the few movies in 2-D made since 2000)

Overall, the watch was extremely satisfying, I came out of the cinema with a stomach ache from laughing. It was only too normal in the cinema...
    The plot was very well planned and written, and the humor is well integrated into the movie. It contains emotional scenes, Laugh-out-loud scenes, and silly scenes.
    The movie was made nearly five years ago, and yet, people don't forget the movie. A long-lasting footprint in the soul and mind, in my opinion- nearly perfect.
    Agreed.

I think another Simpsons movie should be made soon as a chance for The Simpsons to earn back the respect of their fans.
    NO.

Junior Camper

i really hope there's another simpson's movie as long as ian maxtone-graham, scully, and the current writers have nothing to do with it.

Blog Entries

another movie might be good, but save it for the finale. that way they can work on that and only that, and not have to stress about the show too

Blog Entries

You're acting like this is the most memorable movie ever made and that it's more popular than something like Star Wars. You give it too much credit.

Blog Entries

It is.

Blog Entries

ok.

Banned

260 people are crazy bitches

Very bad movie, very bad...

Blog Entries

i dunno why but it strikes me as weird that pretty much every new member hates the movie.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Thread Information