View Poll Results: RATE AND REVIEW THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!!

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 STARS - WOO-HOO! Completely worth the 18 year wait!

331 32.14%
  • 4.5 STARS - Fantastic

201 19.51%
  • 4 STARS - Excellent

173 16.80%
  • 3.5 STARS - Really good

95 9.22%
  • 3 STARS - It was pretty good, but could have been better

121 11.75%
  • 2.5 STARS - Hmmm... good, I guess

35 3.40%
  • 2 STARS - Meh, I dunno, not entirely what I wanted

26 2.52%
  • 1.5 STARS - Not too good

13 1.26%
  • 1 STAR - Groan, that was pretty bad

12 1.17%
  • 0.5 STARS - Not worth the wait at all, wish it was never made

7 0.68%
  • 0 STARS - The worst moment in Simpsons history

16 1.55%
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: THE SIMPSONS MOVIE

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

I actually think that this is better than any episode from the entire series. I don't think that there any episodes from the older, or even newer episodes that I like more. My loving of this movie has nothing to with the eras.

Blog Entries

the movie, at least to me, gets really boring on multiple viewings, especially in the second half of it. i dunno if i've seen it too many times, i don't know if it is because i get tired of watching it by myself...

i've only seen it once

why would i revisit it

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The whole Alaska bit was the only part of the movie that seemed to drag on, in my opinion.

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I completely agree with S. Bubbles

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    Seeing people slag this off has almost made me realise one of my greatest fears (okay not one of my greatest but a bit of melodrama helps my point sink in). If the Simpsons does anything of any quality from now on people will still slag it off...
    I still give episodes 4/5's and the occasion 5/5 when I think the show deserves it. But since the show's output is now 75% mediocre to godawful, a bit of apprehension sets in.

I know that you like to hate the Simpsons. You're used to it. It's an emotion you've had a lot of practice at expressing but everything this show does is not godawful crappy shit.
    "Most" does not equal "All." And the movie does fall into the 75% terrible, IMO.

While I agree with those who didn't like the movie that there's a ton of better movies out there, that doesn't still mean that the Simpsons Movie was bad. The movie managed to do the important things - it had some laughs and it got me emotionally involved. That's good enough for me to consider any movie at least okay.

Then again, perhaps I just got very low standards. But I agree that like 70 % of movies I've seen have been better than Simpsons movie - but I've really mostly great movies and I suspect that most of you have done the same.

If I rated this after my first viewing I'd have given it a solid 5/5... But for some reason the more I see this, the less I really care for it.

I guess it's because the jokes are old now and the plot really isn't worth watching over and over

I'd give the jokes 5/5 and the plot 1/5

Blog Entries

Just so you all know, this movie will be shown on FOX this Thursday night! I just thought I should let you guys know in case you wanted to watch it. I think it's great that this movie is getting shown on FOX than the first time. It will also be a good way for me to celebrate Thanksgiving. If I get the chance to watch it, I will.

Blog Entries

i may or may not watch it, if only to see what they censor

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    Just so you all know, this movie will be shown on FOX this Thursday night! I just thought I should let you guys know in case you wanted to watch it. I think it's great that this movie is getting shown on FOX than the first time. It will also be a good way for me to celebrate Thanksgiving. If I get the chance to watch it, I will.
    Heh, maybe if I'm smashed, the movie will come off funnier than I care to remember.

If I don't get the Itis, I might check it out.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Naturally, Fox's NFL game ran 20 minutes late, so if you haven't seen it yet, live in the Eastern or Central time zones, and didn't think about padding it for 20 minutes, you're going to miss the ending. Whether or not Fox airs the original ending credits (which do include some gags, as well as Maggie speaking) is another story. (Whether or not the local stations cut away early to start their local news is yet another story...which they can cover on their local news programs.)

-- Don

Blog Entries

Fox Chicago cut into the movie during the Itchy and Scratchy cartoon(right as Scratchy was saying "I come in peace."), which was a little disappointing because they cut Ralph in the 20th Century Fox logo, which is something I laugh at every time I see it. Other than that, the things that you'd expect them to cut for broadcast(Bart's penis, Homer giving the bird, Marge saying goddamn) were all cut, along with stuff like the Flanders' dialogue after Bart hits the window at the Krusty Burger and the bit of Homer dialogue where he mentions the mob attacked them during Access Hollywood(which is on at 4 and 7).

Just catched the end of it and likewise Marge doesn't say "Goddamn" but she also doesn't say just "Damn" either when ordering Homer & Bart to throw the bomb out of the dome.

The reality is that both your post and his should be bannable offenses. Pure ignorance about the show's current-day content is just as offensive as wearing blinders to mediocrity and openly praising everything.
    - Brad Lascelle,
    even if I don't agree on a post like mine in which I did not watch a new episode of OFF and still give it a negative rating should result in banning

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by SNES Chalmers View Post
    The things that you'd expect them to cut for broadcast(Bart's penis, Homer giving the bird, Marge saying goddamn) were all cut, along with stuff like the Flanders' dialogue after Bart hits the window at the Krusty Burger and the bit of Homer dialogue where he mentions the mob attacked them during Access Hollywood(which is on at 4 and 7).
    I was surprised they didn't use the replacement scene for Bart's penis that they used on fX - keep the scene in, but put a long horizontal black bar over it with the words "EUROPEAN VERSION ONLY".

I'm also a little surprised Fox didn't try to advertise the movie as having "never-before-seen animation" - "The scene with Homer pumping his fists wasn't in any earlier version of the movie!" (Of course, that was because that scene replaced Homer giving the finger with both hands.)

-- Don

Did they show Otto using a bong?
    "Did you exchange, a walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage?"

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Kerouac View Post
    Did they show Otto using a bong?
    No - that was cut as well.

-- Don

Thanks, Don.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Another cut (sort of): Fox aired the "actual" closing credits up to the point where everyone walks off after Maggie says "Sequel?", then switched to the squeezed credits. (They left the full voice credits intact, even though Squeaky-Voiced Teen's only line (at the end of the actual credits) was cut; also, they left the period off (but kept the comma) of "FILMED ON LOCATION IN SPRINGFIELD, ."

So far, we've got:
    1. Bart's penis (not even the "EUROPEAN VERSION ONLY" version)
    2. Ned and his sons' "Bountiful Penis" line
    3. Marge's "Somebody throw the (damn) bomb!"
    4. Otto smoking a bong
    5. Homer giving everybody the finger with both hands
    6. The second half of the closing credits.
    I think somebody mentioned Homer saying "damn" as well, but I don't know what scene that was supposed to be in.

-- Don

Don't forget the Access Hollywood dialogue. That was for sure chopped.

As for the cuts, they really don't bother me because you still get everything on DVD, HBO and FX (besides the censorship of Bart - FX even includes Homer giving fingers and Marge's "goddamn"). Fox wanted it to be family-friendly for Thanksgiving and the casual viewer wouldn't notice the cuts, so they succeeded. In fact, I'm surprised the airing wasn't advertised more as an event for the whole family. I mean, there were things like Bart skateboarding nude, the mob trying to hang the whole family and Bart getting drunk, but how much cleaner are you going to get on network TV these days.
    Last edited by Train on the Water; 11-27-2010 at 08:26 AM.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

I still think it's a bit funny that Fox gets all uppity about the show showing Homer's rear end these days, but they let Bart's naked ass fly, on what the above poster already mentioned was supposed to be more of a family-aimed broadcast no less. Although I suppose excising the whole naked skateboarding scene might've been a bit much even for Fox.

Love it! I think it was good translation of the show to the big screen. The third act was the weakest for me when it comes down to humor and story, but I love the scene when Homer convince Bart to join him (great music cue by the way) and for the first 2/3 I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes (when I saw it for the first time that is)

How ever I have few nit-picks :
    You can tell it gone through cut-room hell - we don't find out what happend to the pig and who was the medicine lady - and I wish it was a bit longer and they would live more stuff the had to cut... I'm actually supprise there where so little deledet scenes on DVD since there is so many more they talk about on the commentary.
    There where some characters - Patty and Selma, Skinner, Williy or Edna - with would get some moments, rather then just being a part of the crow. Another character I was suprise to get a very small part was Mr. Burns...
    Lisa didn't appear to play a big part after the first act. It was Homer-Marge-Bart story, and she was just extra to ocasionally say something, that other three main characters coudn't at the moment.

But to be honest this are just nit-picks and didn't ruined the movie for me. It was lots of fun!

P.S.
    I HATE the Polish dubb (I'm from Poland BTW) The voice acting wasn't bad (heck, some Polish actors like the guy they got to play Wiggum and Milhouse sounded 100% like the orygial) but the translator try to force some Polish refrences into the jokes and it didn't work-out at all.

Blog Entries

needed more scenes in springfield

After the movie Spider-pig became, a regular character on the show... Which is fine, I guess but I wish Lisa's new boyfriend would appear as well. I just hope they won't just make one day a joke to explain how they broke-up.

Blog Entries

This is random, but I was watching this game show called Million Dollar Money Drop and this guy made a Simpsons Movie reference. They had to figure out the lead singer for U2 and the guy said he thought it was Bono because he's seen The Simpsons Movie. I thought it was pretty cool and I thought I would share it with all of you.

holy shit thank you for that! Now I can move on with my life!

Blog Entries

that actually is pretty cool. same reason i know like half the celebs i know is because of the show itself

I thought that the contestant bringing up The Simpsons Movie on that game show was a little out of place since the band U2 was not spoken by Colin or any other character. All that Colin said was "He's not Bono"

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re watched the movie and I hated how characters like Skinner and Patty and Selma hardly appeared and said absolutely nothing yet characters like Cletus and the Crazy Cat Lady were given lines and gags throughout

Thread Information