View Poll Results: RATE AND REVIEW THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!!

Voters
1039. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 STARS - WOO-HOO! Completely worth the 18 year wait!

333 32.05%
  • 4.5 STARS - Fantastic

203 19.54%
  • 4 STARS - Excellent

173 16.65%
  • 3.5 STARS - Really good

95 9.14%
  • 3 STARS - It was pretty good, but could have been better

125 12.03%
  • 2.5 STARS - Hmmm... good, I guess

35 3.37%
  • 2 STARS - Meh, I dunno, not entirely what I wanted

26 2.50%
  • 1.5 STARS - Not too good

13 1.25%
  • 1 STAR - Groan, that was pretty bad

12 1.15%
  • 0.5 STARS - Not worth the wait at all, wish it was never made

8 0.77%
  • 0 STARS - The worst moment in Simpsons history

16 1.54%
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: THE SIMPSONS MOVIE

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm new here, but I saw the movie the day it came out in my country, so I couldn't post about it.
    5/5-
    It was funny, brilliant and better than most of Season 10+. Classic simpsons, and the guest appearances were great too!

Woo Hoo I am back. Loved it saw it twice.
    It Tastes Like Burning

Great movie 4/5.

EDIT: I have changed my rating to a 4/5 after viewing the movie a few times on DVD.
    Last edited by Imaginationland; 01-12-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Mmmmmmmm, something

According to my calculator, members of NHC have rated The Simpsons Movie on average 4.168 out of 5, or 83.3%. There were 480 voters at the time of making this post.

Pretty good
    Insert signature here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xt'Tapalatakettle
    They have taken this movie out of every theater in NYC.
    I only have one theater playing it. I went to the 2:45 today (my 10th and final time) because after next week they are taking it out.
    Also this is the time when movies get taken out and stay at cheap theaters.
    But I think this movie will be a good midnight movie though.

I Talk To The Wind You Bent My Wookiee's Avatar

wow, great movie! I lost my breath to laugh in the first 30-minutes. Money well spent!

4.5/5

Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I finally saw this, and I think I picked up a little turkish along the way.

I'd probably give it a 3/5, although not on the poll, as the statements don't really reflect my opinion. It was ok, but I really wasn't laughing very much, it was stronger dramatically than it was comedically, although it's not as if I was really into the story either.

And someone has probably said it already, and belive me I'm the last person to point out plot holes, but couldn't they have you know, dug underneath the dome! I know springfieldians are stupid, but come on.

Blog Entries

^And the answer has been stated already, Cargill ordered men around the dome in case such an event happened. I can't believe this isn't in the IMDB FAQ. I thought about making one for this sub-forum, but I'm gonna wait until the DVD comes out or someone else does it...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That still doesn't really justify it, even with thousands of guards, their only really going to cover the peremiter, but whatever it doesn't really bother me anyway.

Stonecutter

But didn't the dome go quite deep under the ground anyway?

Inbetween fan and freak panterafan06's Avatar

Great movie, can wait to get this one on DVD. Not quite classic, but as entertaining as the Simpson's has been in the 21st century. 4/5
    Top 20 Episodes
    20. Homer's Enemy 19. Homie the Clown 18.Trilogy of Error 17. Das Bus 16. RoseBud 15. Bart Sells His Soul14. Summer of 4'2 13. Marge vs. the Monorail 12. Cape Feare 11. Homer at the Bat 10. Mother Simpson 9. Treehouse of Horrer V 8. Homer the Heretic 7. Lisa's Substitute 6. Lisa the Vegetarian 5. Who Shot Mr. Burns? 4. Bart's Comet 3. Lemon of Troy 2. You Only Move Twice 1. Last Exit To Springfield
    Snubs: Duffless, Mountain of Madness, In Marge We Trust, Any Other season 3-9 episode.

4>7>8>6>5>3>2>9>19>15>10>1>13>14>16>12>17>11>18

Darth Homer

The best thing ever to have Homer's face emblazoned onto it!

WOO-HOO!
    D'OH!
    STUPID FLANDERS!

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

I give it a 3. It could have been better. Like it got too wacky for me with the whole big dome thing. And after 20 years of Simpsons, we've come to exect better. Running any 3 episodes from season 6 back to back would have been 48 times better then this.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Is Dr. Nick really dead? I know that he died at the end of the movie but will they carry it over into the show.

I give it 4 stars, think its an excellent movie and i really like it. But it's not a perfect movie. There would have been room for improvement.

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

Junior Camper

Loved it. My only complaints are 1) it was too short & 2) no Sideshow Bob. Roll on sequels.................

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence
    I give it a 3. It could have been better. Like it got too wacky for me with the whole big dome thing. And after 20 years of Simpsons, we've come to exect better. Running any 3 episodes from season 6 back to back would have been 48 times better then this.
    that may be true but it was definitly one of the best things to come out the simpsons since seaon 9.

it felt like a long episode. i laughed in disbelieve when all the 10 year olds started to sing spider-pig (the whole theatre). i do admit that some of the jokes where funny which unfortunately i can't think of right now because it's been close to 5 month since i last saw it. i am starting to think that the movie was made for the casts kids. would i watch it again, yes when fox airs it.

Blog Entries

I don't get the whole "felt like a long episode" statement, especially as a criticism. What else would it feel like? Don't a lot of Simpsons episodes have a 3 act movie structure anyway? Often the epsiodes feel like a "short movie."

I read so many reviews of the movie (not here, but in newspapers, magazines, etc) that complained it was just a "long episode", and I had no idea how to take that in terms of an evaluation of the movie's quality. What else would a 90 minute movie based on a TV show feel like, if not for a longer version of the TV Show? What does it mean when people say this?

Jordan

Blog Entries

^When people say that, they're really meaning "So, what's the point of this?" Because, you really are having to pay to see something you get on TV for free. Yeah, sure, there's no other way to do it, but many are just scoffing and saying "who really cares?"

I, for one, enjoyed the movie because it was entertaining. And, yes, it acted liked a movie. How? Well, besides being in widescreen ("super-widescreen" as the writers say), it is over 60 minutes in length with no interruption, has a musical score that not only contains interludes (a la Alf Clausen on the series), but also is heard during scenes and contains its own written themes. The editing and direction are both cinema-quality, and features shots that usually wouldn't be done on the show. It takes its time, and the screenplay never panders to a throwaway joke. The animation features shadows, fluidity and detail that you will NEVER see on the series, and the color palette is astonishingly large. The entire thing is polished, and the presentation has been tweaked...

...BUT, it is THE SIMPSONS. The same family that invades television screens every Sunday and gives a 22-minute story that's (hopefully) humorous and entertaining. Normal people don't see the direction, the musical score, the step-up in animation quality and technique, they see it as that same family giving a 87-minute story presented in a venue that you have to pay to get into. To them, it's the same damn thing.

South Park's movie runs away from this distinction because of a few, clear factors. The damn thing still has to be run at 1 AM to even be seen on cable. A couple of edits for the Simpsons Movie, and it can run at 1 PM on ABC Family. South Park has the bleeps gone, and the source material raised to deliver a biting satire. SP:BLU is much more than what the series is about, and that's what people saw in it when they say "it isn't just a long episode"...The Simpsons Movie, however, is all about the series. Therefore, in many simple-minded folks who don't really give a shit, this outing really is "a long episode". There's nothing that can't be done (in their eyes) on TV, thus...well, now I'm getting repetitive...

Could've been funnier but still found it funny. 4.0, thought it was excellent and made me laugh alot, but there was a blank spot in the middle of the movie where it was too serious.

This sentence is a lie. Elkwood's Avatar

10/10
    A+

THIS WAS THE BEST SIMPSONS EPISODE EVER! There were, of course, some flaws. Spiderpig was a cute gag at first, but it's being overhyped. We also didn't get to see Homer at work, which is kind of sad. Pig crap causing the contamination was probably only there for the purpose of being a gross out gag for little kids, because an accident at The Springfield Nuclear Power Plant would have worked just as well. Trying to make something gross seem funny without anything to back it up is just stupid. Also, why does The Boob Lady care about Homer's problems? How does she even KNOW about Homer's problems? She hasn't even met Homer, and all of a sudden she drags him in for an epiphany. She doesn't know that Homer has problems, so she just gave him an epiphany for no reason. Also, why did Russ Cargil want to blow up Springfield? There were other options.
    Critics are raving over Maggie's Toilet Training!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Maggie's toilet training is the smash hit fan-fic of the season! Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by James L. Brookes View Post
    iMuy Excellente! This has really been capturing the feel of classic Simpsons wackyness!

Thaht should dew it!

you have pointed out a few flaws for a 10/10 rating
    "Duffman can't breathe! OHH..NOO..!!!"

Blog Entries

It's been a while since I voted, but is there a chance that my vote could be changed to a 3?
    Last edited by gonzo; 01-03-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Junior Camper

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality of the movie and have rated it 5/5. The script, dialogue and storyline was solid and there were a lot of the classic one-liners and humorous concepts that I enjoy so much in the regular TV series. There were some nice touches -the Disney animals, President Schwarzenegger, the Itchy and Scratchy cartoon at the beginning and so on

The whole feel of the movie reminded me of the earlier episodes from the show's very first series which I enjoyed so much. Furthermore Homer's characterization was not excessive -IMO there is a tendency in the later series of the show to exaggerate his stupidity to unrealistic proportions -and they managed to keep their characterization of the other members of the family and townsfolk consistent to the roles they played in the series.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more of some of the supporting characters from the series during the movie but their absence didn't detract from the overall quality of the film

All in all, this was a great movie that was well-worth waiting for and which met all of my expectations

suemma

I loved the simpsons movie. It was brilliant. I saw it like a zillion times wen it was in the cinema + i saw it a zillion times more now that i have it on dvd.

This sentence is a lie. Elkwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cally
    you have pointed out a few flaws for a 10/10 rating
    It was too funny for me to not give it a 10/10 rating.

It was good. It was so funny and I thought that it was very solid.

Homer's tongue being lizard-like to get the shrimp in the bbq was the worst part of the movie.

Matt G talks about how in the show they use regular people a lot in the background of scenes and in the movie, almost every background character is a prominent character from the show. I thought to myself, no they don't, they haven't in years. All these new seasons I watch, I barely see regular people, it's always Sideshow Mel and Dr. Hibbert. Not like older episodes when it was a much richer tapestry. It's ridiculous, so many jokes would be funnier if it was a normal guy delivering it instead of Mel's horrible over the top voice. That is probably the second worst part of the Movie in my opinion, no real Springfieldians.

My favorite part was "About time!" when they go into Alaska.

Otto with the bong is pretty funny. Not enough Willie.
    Last edited by Stupid-Flanders; 01-18-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    "and maybe I'm talking this way because I can't stop. Help me, Lisa! I have serious mental problems!"

This whole movie is great. The only thing I wish could happen was more side character involvement. But I personally think that the greatest thing would be if they took an episode like 20 short stories about springfield and turned it into a movie. You know they could run with that and get a couple hours of material. To me the simpsons are great characters but everyone has a favorite character and rarely is it like homer or bart. its always like gill or krusty.

Thread Information