Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: EA's The Simpsons Game! In Stores Now! Reviews & Opinions

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

16 levels. 4 "chapters"

-There's the "introduction chapter" where the characters become aware they're in a game.

-The "treehouse of horror" chapter with some Kodo & Kang action & some spoofs on THOH encounters (day of the dolphin, lard lad fight, etc)

-The "videogame spoof" chapter where they find they've been leased to multiple games... grand theft scratchy, medal of homor, etc

And no one knows what the 4th chapter is yet. Also unclear is if the 16 levels are divided equally into 4 levels per chapter.
    I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbot
    16 levels. 4 "chapters"

-There's the "introduction chapter" where the characters become aware they're in a game.

-The "treehouse of horror" chapter with some Kodo & Kang action & some spoofs on THOH encounters (day of the dolphin, lard lad fight, etc)

-The "videogame spoof" chapter where they find they've been leased to multiple games... grand theft scratchy, medal of homor, etc

And no one knows what the 4th chapter is yet. Also unclear is if the 16 levels are divided equally into 4 levels per chapter.
    thanks for the summary,it a specialy about that last thing that i am wondering because some articles mention the episodes being devided in 4 chapters.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ray Stantz
    16 levels. 4 "chapters"

sweet, I'm particularly looking forward to numero tres.

Blog Entries

I've also looked into the spiderpig thing a bit more (though why bother when it had to be some idiotic rumour) In a forum for the game a whole bunch of stupid people were saying stuff like "Zomg! I hear spiderpig is like the secret character!" then the next one is "yeah I work at EA games and you get him if you get 100% then you play in a nighttime version of springfield slinging webs and saving citizens to the spiderpig theme"

"OMG U serious!"
    "He's lying, that'd be completely retarded"
    "he works there so how would you know"
    "he could obviously be making up this crap"
    "nu uh"

and so on, so I have an extremely strong feeling our beloved friend spiderpig will not be making it to the game, as if it seriously concerced us anyway. Praise him!

Here's a tip. Anyone who says they work for a game company and is giving out "top secret info" is lying. Mainly because if it got tracked back to them and it was true, they'd lose their job.

I've known multiple people who tested at different companies... always tight lipped... and I have a buddy who's a producer at a company currently... I'm lucky if I get a title of his game out of him... no details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ray Stantz
    Here's a tip. Anyone who says they work for a game company and is giving out "top secret info" is lying. Mainly because if it got tracked back to them and it was true, they'd lose their job.

I've known multiple people who tested at different companies... always tight lipped... and I have a buddy who's a producer at a company currently... I'm lucky if I get a title of his game out of him... no details.
    seems logical to me,no one would risk their job only to give a secret away on the internet.

I dunno there have been leaks for big games before, but I have my suspicions in those cases its intentional and a really sneaky form of viral marketing.

I played more of this today and Marge is a damn blast to play. The multiplayer in this honestly makes it way funner, when I get this my friend and I want to play it together.

Though Marge is kind of an ass in this game. lol I mean really, its like the moment she looks in the instruction manual she goes into eternal bitch mode. I guess its expected bizzarely.

The Medal of Homer level is pretty fun too. Homer is also really fun to play because his abilities are pretty varied. Plus ironically he's technically the fastest thanks to Homerball and I always like speed. So far I think Marge, Homer, Lisa, and Bart in that order are the best (Maggie's really a "special move" of Marge's in a way so she doesn't count.)

Lisa is really fun but I have a feeling she'll be funner when playing 2-player than one player because when she goes into Buddha mode, if the other character is being controlled you can put together a nasty team where Lisa can drop stuff and pick people up while the other player gets in there.

Like I said before Bart is really, really basic. Runs, Jumps, climbes, glides, grapples, has a chargable projectile. He's the platformer character so he's really not the funnest especially in comparison to the others, though he's necessary. You always need the jack-of-all-trades guy.

Still kinda hope Piggy isn't a secret character, though I have to admit it'd be funny since he'd probably have every power. Friend also suggested Ralph would be really entertaining, he noticed he shows up in the most random places in the cut scenes. Having an unlockable scenerio where he has a kind of "he did all this in the meantime, and thats how he got to so and so" adventure would be fun and bizzarely fitting but that probably won't be so. Frink would be pretty fun too I say.

A Futurama character as a sole secret guy would beyond awesome too but thats probably even less possible. Imagine what could be done with a guy like Fry in a game about video game allusions.
    Last edited by Kiyosuki; 10-20-2007 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki
    I dunno there have been leaks for big games before, but I have my suspicions in those cases its intentional and a really sneaky form of viral marketing.

I played more of this today and Marge is a damn blast to play. The multiplayer in this honestly makes it way funner, when I get this my friend and I want to play it together.

Though Marge is kind of an ass in this game. lol I mean really, its like the moment she looks in the instruction manual she goes into eternal bitch mode. I guess its expected bizzarely.

The Medal of Homer level is pretty fun too. Homer is also really fun to play because his abilities are pretty varied. Plus ironically he's technically the fastest thanks to Homerball and I always like speed. So far I think Marge, Homer, Lisa, and Bart in that order are the best (Maggie's really a "special move" of Marge's in a way so she doesn't count.)

Lisa is really fun but I have a feeling she'll be funner when playing 2-player than one player because when she goes into Buddha mode, if the other character is being controlled you can put together a nasty team where Lisa can drop stuff and pick people up while the other player gets in there.

Like I said before Bart is really, really basic. Runs, Jumps, climbes, glides, grapples, has a chargable projectile. He's the platformer character so he's really not the funnest especially in comparison to the others, though he's necessary. You always need the jack-of-all-trades guy.

Still kinda hope Piggy isn't the secret character, though I have to admit it'd be funny since he'd probably have every power. Friend also suggested Ralph would be really entertaining, he noticed he shows up in the most random places in the cut scenes. Having an unlockable scenerio where he has a kind of "he did all this in the meantime, and thats how he got to so and so" adventure would be fun and bizzarely fitting but that probably won't be so.

A Futurama character as a sole secret guy would beyond awesome too but thats probably even less possible.
    maybe there isn't a secret character

Quote Originally Posted by KoenSoontjens
    maybe there isn't a secret character
    Yeah I'm guessing personally there probably isn't but we were just speculating.

Blog Entries

Hey Kiyosuki, how long would you say the levels go on for? I was a bit surprised when I found out there would only be 16 levels since I loved all the different missions in Hit and Run, becuase although it's the simpsons, I don't want a game I'll beat in two days.

Blog Entries

I like it's unique graphics and design.

I love the Demo! Its awesome!

Blog Entries

New video of Selmatty, the dragon from Neverquest. I'm interested in the 2-D styled gameplay from :25 to :30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T66qCx9KAdk

Quote Originally Posted by lardofthedance
    New video of Selmatty, the dragon from Neverquest. I'm interested in the 2-D styled gameplay from :25 to :30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T66qCx9KAdk
    cool ,thanks for the vid

Hey Kiyosuki, how long would you say the levels go on for? I was a bit surprised when I found out there would only be 16 levels since I loved all the different missions in Hit and Run, becuase although it's the simpsons, I don't want a game I'll beat in two days.
    The levels I played were decently long but they weren't huge area sections with multiple quests or anything. Its not that kind of game, its really at its core a traditional level by level game.

The levels arn't short though. At least...once again what I played (The temple stage which is the first stage, Marge's mob stage, and a bit of Medal of Homer.)

Blog Entries

^Thanks a lot, as long as they keep me playing for a while, I'm good. And I'll always end up spending the longest time trying to get 100% on everything anyway.

the guys from ea say that the game last for about 12 to 15 hours wich means a level should be about 50 minutes each.(theoriticaly ofcourse)

Kiyo coming through with the mad info again. Good stuff.

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

In Gamehead on Gametrailers they revealed that the secret character was Will Wright, along with an interview with him.

HOMER: AAHHH! A nerd!
    WRIGHT: The Nerdiest nerd in all of the known Computerverse!
    LISA: Dad, thats Will Wright designer for Sim City and The Sims.
    WRIGHT: I'm Will Wright Bitch!

Blog Entries

:-O

You're kidding.

:-O

You're kidding.
    ofcourse its a joke otherwise there would be a link to that interview.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KoenSoontjens
    ofcourse its a joke otherwise there would be a link to that interview.
    I know, it's just a completerly unbelievable one to come up with, I mean why make some random guy that made the sims a character, I said "your kidding" because that was just kind of stupid to make up or see somewhere.

I know, it's just a completerly unbelievable one to come up with, I mean why make some random guy that made the sims a character, I said "your kidding" because that was just kind of stupid to make up or see somewhere.
    That's what I would've thought but,um...Click the link in the post before you.

Blog Entries

well after half an hour, the darned video still won't load, might as well just tell me what was in it.

I wonder what Will does. Is he a boss for like one of the last levels.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RJF
    That's what I would've thought but,um...Click the link in the post before you.
    hey it finally loaded for me, well what do ya know? He's in there, heh I guess they can make any random game guy funny. I had a good laugh when I saw that video.

There is no way Spider Pig would be a character in the game. It's been said several time that the game has no relation to the movie, and Spider Pig hasn't exactly shown up on the show.

Blog Entries

So will the 360 version on this game have online multiplayer, or just things available to download?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Two Hats
    So will the 360 version on this game have online multiplayer, or just things available to download?
    No online mulitplayer as far as I've seen.

Thread Information