View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lisa's Substitute

10 11.36%
  • Homer the Heretic

24 27.27%
  • Cape Feare

19 21.59%
  • Lisa's Wedding

12 13.64%
  • Bart Sells His Soul

12 13.64%
  • The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show

6 6.82%
  • Lisa Gets an A

0 0%
  • Trilogy of Error

4 4.55%
  • Moe Baby Blues

1 1.14%
  • The Heartbroke Kid

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons Best Episode: Part Two (Homer the Heretic Wins)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Simpsons Best Episode: Part Two (Homer the Heretic Wins)

"Homer the Heretic" - God's gift to the Simpsons, just about defining everything that I love about the show. Disappointing that I have to vote against such quality contenders and "Lisa's Substitute" or "Bart Sells His Soul", but it's end game here.

The top three episodes from here and part one will move to the finals.

On Cloud Thirteen Felix Tha Blunt's Avatar

I had to go with Lisa's Substitute here. Probally my favorite episode from season two. Had a lot of strong points, and like you mentioned for your episode.. this one sort of reminded me of everything the show represents.

so to speak..

Gah-HOY'geh'flavin! Number 10767's Avatar

I feel slightly guilty voting for Cape Feare against more episodes with more heart like Lisa's Wedding and Bart Sells His Soul, but ah well. Cape Feare is achingly hilarious, packed with terrific jokes, and works wonders with its tense atmosphere and tight plot.
    Ooh, they have the Internet on computers now!

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

This is really tough. Here's my Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? choice:

Let's see... I'm not a girl, so let's eliminate all episodes focused on Lisa (3) and Maggie (1). The Heartbroke Kid is probably my favorite of Season 16, but season 16 isn't my favorite, so that's not it. Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie is a laugh riot and rings truer now that the show has slightly declined, but it's hard to choose an episode that intends to annoy. Trilogy of Error is in my Top 25 and probably in my Top 5 over the past 10 seasons, but I feel wedded to vote for the earlier "classic" era because that's when the show was most impressive.

Homer the Heretic is my second favorite episode. It tackles religious matters very well, but then again, so does Bart Sells His Soul, in a stranger way. Those two somewhat cancel each other on that matter.

Cape Feare is my favorite episode of all time, so it makes sense to vote for that, but it does misspell "fear," so I'm not sure. Hmmm... I think I'll go for that one.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I really liked Lisa's Wedding, but I am kind of upset that it did lead to Bart to the Future
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

I think Homer the Heretic and Cape Feare are about equally good, but I voted for HTH.

Close call between the first 6 and to a slightly lesser extent the last 3, but I'll go with 'Substitute'.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

Dr. Bartley

The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

Homer the Heretic

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

Cape Feare. It's a superb parody, it's enjoyable to sit through, it's harmless fun with extremely violent scenes in there, it's got some of the finest directing and music ever heard and seen on The Simpsons, it's got the finest examples of stereotypical Simpsons humour in there, it's a helluva story with some superb portrayals of characters. No wonder it's my favourite of all time, and I'm sure there's more I could crap on about.
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

Lisa's Substitute. Its emotional core always gets me.

If I am correct the 3 most voted episodes of this list will get to the final with the other 3 of part one, right ?

EDIT: I've just realized it was written in the first post. I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by luben; 10-11-2006 at 06:06 AM.

Going with my first or second favorite episode (I'm indecisive), Cape Fear.

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

Lisa's Subsitute, Cape Feare, Bart Sells His soul = in my top 10. It's very tough to choose between the 3 as they're all just so brilliant. I'll go for Lisa's Sub - it just emphasises the greatness of the criminally underrated season 2. An absolutely fantastic episode that couldn't have been any better.

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

formerly shutupa yo face moneychair2003's Avatar

cape feare and homer the heretic. both are some of my favorite episodes.
    Check out my NFL blog. I write articles about every upcoming match, my predictions for those matches, what games are worth watching, and about everything else happening in the NFL. http://backbayfuturesportsmanagers.com/

http://www.reddit.com/user/ac519/

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

much harder than the other poll. really hard to decide between cape feare, lisa's wedding and homer the heretic. i'll go with homer the heritic though. for me, it is the epitome of your classic simpsons episode.

edit: i can't believe someone voted for 'moe baby blues' ahead of all those other magnificent classic era episodes. i mean c'mon...

Lisa's Sub is the one that stands out the most, although Bart Sells His Soul and others are also very strong episodes.

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Lisa's Wedding

Cape Feare = faultless.

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

None of these are my top 10,that's why it was hard for me to choose. I'll vote for Lisa's Wedding,because I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed and laughed all the way through the episode.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

laughing time is ovah! Henrik P's Avatar

Homer the Heretic. My favourite episode for sure.

Galalimit

Bart Sells His Soul, one of the best episodes ever.

Cape Feare is winning, how delightfully unexpected. I had to vote for it too, it's my favourite episode, hilarious throughout.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Lisa's Wedding is a delightfully charming episode, wonderfully scripted, wonderfully acted, wonderfully directed, wonderfully animated, even. Not to say that the other episodes aren't wonderful. Indeed, Cape Feare and Homer the Heretic are also very wonderful, but Lisa's Wedding just pips them on that wonderfullness factor, and I'm sure that Cape Feare and Homer the Heretic will easily make it into the final with or without my help.

Not waving but drowning Lady_Simpson's Avatar

Cape Feare.
    Probably my second favorite episode of all times.

Hilarious jokes, fast-paced, (element of excitement yet still comedy) and what can I say, I'm a Sideshow Bob fan.

These were all really good episodes though.
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride your truth-handling abilities! - Sideshow Bob

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

homer the heretic, the second best episode of all time, and the best of the episodes left, this is the best example of simpsons doing religion, great humour, great charectarisations, and a brilliant plot line.

The Magic 7

Homer The Heretic. My second favourite simpsons episode.
    Top 25 episodes:
    1. Treehouse Of Horror V
    2. Homer The Heretic
    3. Bart After Dark
    4. Homer Badman
    5. Homer's Enemy
    6. Cape Feare
    7. Rosebud
    8. Bart On The Road
    9. Bart's Friend Falls In Love
    10. Marge Be Not Proud
    11. Round Springfield
    12. My Fair Laddy
    13. Last Exit To Springfield
    14. The Joy Of Sect
    15. Hurracaine Neddy
    16. Simple Simpsons
    17. Lisa's Substitue
    18. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialad'ohcious
    19. Mother Simpson
    20. Old Money
    21. In Marge We Trust
    22. Trilogy Of Error
    23. New Kid On The Block
    24. Hungry, Hungry Homer
    25. Brother From the Same Planet

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

ARGH, Bart Sells His Soul! Why is everyone voting for Cape Feare!? BART SELLS HIS SOUL!! ARGHGH LOONEY TUNES SLAPSTICK OVER THE GREATEST CHARACTER STUDY IN THE SHOW SOMEONE KILL M--

*head explodes*
    My Nintendo webcomic,

I really think that both Cape Feare and Lisa's Substitute are a little bit overrated. *gets slapped* I might have voted for Lisa's Wedding, but I have not seen it in years, so... Trilogy of Error for the sympathy vote.
    why am i even boarding

i should be passing out right now

this laptop has very comfortable keys

this is a sursprisingly eloquent post

welcome to my town sacrelicious's Avatar

Definately between Homer the Heretic and Cape Feare. I did a lot of Simpsons soul-searching to figure out which one is truly better in my heart. And in the end just had to go with Homer the Heretic.
    Notoriety for whatever reason, never seems to benefit the noted, only the 'notees'

!

Golly, this is tough. Cape Feare, Lisa's Substitute and Homer The Heretic are all definetely in my Top 10. I'm going to vote for HtH, but... like I said, it's tight.

Thread Information