7 14.58%
  • 2/5

10 20.83%
  • 1/5

7 14.58%

Thread: Rate/Review Family Guy "Hell Comes to Quahog"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review Family Guy "Hell Comes to Quahog"

3/5 Had its laughs best part was Peter and Meg at the table.

Was the Funniest FG I've seen all season

Darth Homer

Funniest one yet. I liked the part where Stewie and Brian go all out on the superstore in the battle tank.

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

2/5.

A slight improvement from last week, but still pretty bad. The cutaways were just plain annoying, and the plot was so loose that when you added that to the cutaways, I had no idea what was going on. The only joke I laughed at was the plunger-nipples part, and only because Peter hitting the old lady caught me off-guard.

I hate when Family Guy tries to take on a social/political issue, like the Wal-Mart thing from tonight or the gay marriage thing from last year, because they don't even take on the issue at all. They use it as a backdrop for more cutaways instead of actually satirizing it at all.

3/5 - Best episode so far this season, but that's not saying much. This show is really losing its edge. This was okay, but it was just too bland.

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

Hmm... A kid is being forced to fire their father and in the end decides not to do it and takes the consequences of not firing them. That sounds really familiar... It's almost as if... It's been done before...

That was a pretty bad episode. They must have switched plots a half dozen times. And in the end, they really didn't tackle the issue in any way shape or form. They just made a bunch of lame jokes about it. 1/5.
    Last edited by McClure; 09-24-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I can see your Doodle
    Hmm... A kid is being forced to fire their father and in the end decides not to do it and takes the consequences of not firing them. That seems really similar. It's almost as if... It's been done before...
    I'd love to see whatever episode of whatever show you're talking about, I'm guessing it was from Kojak
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

...Is Back Baby!!! The "Urban" Lenny's Avatar

I'm so pissed I missed this episode. About 5 seconds into the show, my tv dies on me. Oh well maybe I'll be able to download and watch it

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Wow, this had like, 3 different plots, ALL of which have already been done in other shows. The store was blatantly a paraody of Wal-Mart. But obviously Family Guy doesn't know how to actually tackle an issue.. but mearly make cheap jokes about it. The entire Wal-Mart plot was a direct rip-off of South Park's episode "Something Wal-Mart This Way Comes", which was 100 times better.

Nothing made me laugh... nothing. So many terrible, overly long cutaway gags - they give South Park's "manitee" joke more fuel every week.

Why is Brian suddenly a tree-hugging hippie? Why would Meg have any reason at all NOT to fire Peter?

Seth McFarlane has the political voice equivilant to that of a high school garage punk band, and should clearly not even attempt political/economical/ethical issues... especially in Family Guy.

What a ridiculously terrible pile of shit. 1/5. Same can pretty much be said for both Simpsons and American Dad, too.
    Last edited by NoOneFamous; 09-24-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Blog Entries

^Once again, someone over analyzing this show. I've given up on the plot miles ago, and I think you all should, too. Because once that leaves your brain, you'll start finding this stuff hysterical.

I thought this episode was funny as hell, except for Peter's antics as a worker, which was quite annoying. Just enjoy it for what it is, a fountain of quotes made for college students. 5/5...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Why else would they have thrown in the whole comparisons to wal-mart for any other reason other than social commentary? Believe me, I'm the last person to over-analyze Family Guy, but it was pretty clear that it was Seth trying to have a voice saying "Wal-Mart is evil LOL!!11"

That aside, I never expect much of a plot from Family Guy, but regardless I still didn't find anything funny. Its just a bunch of "idea balls" jokes. I can't wait for the rest of America's college students to wake up and realize, "wait a minute... I've been laughing at the same interchangable joke for 3 years now."

A few people had said that plot wasn't that strong, while it may be true, the episode was still funny. Clearly the best show out of the 4 "Fathers of Comedy" tonight.

Yeah, idea balls. One day people will wake up and realize they have been making a reference to that South Park episode every time they make a review. Family Guy has cutaway jokes that reffer pop culture and the 80's/90's, they have since the beginning, and will continue to do so. I for one, love all the obscure jokes, and find it to be one of the best things about the show.

4/5
    You can't prove it won't happen.

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

But, earlier in the show's run, those jokes were actually funny and were actually jokes and not just "it's funny because I get the reference."

And as far as the cutaways go, when you do an episode with such a loose plot like the one last night, you can't have a cutaway every 5 seconds because it gets incredibly annoying, especially when some of them were so painfully unfunny that they make you cringe. The first 3 seasons were good about using them in moderation when they were needed, not constantly for no reason.

i downloaded the episode and was caught off guard when the guy watching Madegascar in his car actually said 'those animals are so fucking funny' uncensored. did it actually air unbleeped on television?

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

2/5 my god that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    i downloaded the episode and was caught off guard when the guy watching Madegascar in his car actually said 'those animals are so fucking funny' uncensored. did it actually air unbleeped on television?
    No, it was bleeped on TV. The FCC would've gone nuts over that.

Pretty bad, but I thought it had its moments. The animation in the roller dancing scene was great. Near Simpson quality. The shot at Madagascar was fun too. I hate that movie so much. Other than that, this episode stunk. This show really needs to give up on doing satire. They always fail at it.

2/5

Yeah I thought that was odd as well. Wonder how the person who uploaded it got an uncensored copy of the episode.

This was one of the best family guys I've seen in a while, possibly since its revival. I found most of the jokes to be funny and not cringe worthy, and or dragged out. The story also kept my interested despite it randomly flipping to different situations constantly, and it also had a satisfying ending that kind of brought the thing full circle.

It was also nice to see peter caring for meg again and reverse.

Not as good as this weeks American dad (*cough* Need AD RR thread *cough*) but I enjoyed it much more then this weeks Simpsons. 4/5

But what is the Question?

Felt a lot like an inferior version of South Park's excellent Wal-Mart parody. This really wasn't that memorable.

2/5.

;-/

I really felt it was retarded that they had Meg not fire Peter, then close the show with another tired Meg joke

personality goes a long way Toli's Avatar

2/5- Beated last week and week before but I still feel it has gone down even more in quality. Cutaways are unfunny. I only like it when they were all dancing on the ice. Very poor still.

"SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker".

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    It's a rip from Canadian television.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by I can see your Doodle
    Hmm... A kid is being forced to fire their father and in the end decides not to do it and takes the consequences of not firing them. That sounds really familiar... It's almost as if... It's been done before...
    I'd love to see whatever episode of whatever show you're talking about, I'm guessing it was from Kojak
    Well, The Simpsons did it. Burns' Heir, season 5: Bart becomes Burns' heir and at the end of the episode, they 'bond' by firing some employees - but when Burns tries to force Bart to fire Homer, Bart instead drops Mr. Burns down the hatch. He is then disowned by Burns.

But Kojak probably did it too.
    It's still good! It's still good!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerX
    Well, The Simpsons did it. Burns' Heir, season 5: Bart becomes Burns' heir and at the end of the episode, they 'bond' by firing some employees - but when Burns tries to force Bart to fire Homer, Bart instead drops Mr. Burns down the hatch. He is then disowned by Burns.

But Kojak probably did it too.
    Being that you're unfamiliar with sarcasm, I shall close the register at this point

Thread Information