Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lance.Uppercut View Post
    @Takes_Life_Soony , In the German dub, Brian says something like, "You could have gotten something pretty dangerous." To which Stewie replies, "But she said she had herself tested but... uh, oh! Oh no!" this is in lieu of any comments about "the big C" So who knows what Stewie's been up to?
    I find that funnier than the English version, I guess it gives us an idea that being a baby will never stop Stewie doing what he wants.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

I think it's a good save on the dubbers' part. First, cancer starts with a K in German, and cancer really isn't known over there as "the big K". The current dubber who's been on board since S4 has been doing a great job in translating even the most obscure pop culture references and strange jokes the show comes up with.

I've got another American Dad question: In Killer Vacation, is the old man Roger is in love with truly senile or is just a jerk?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by musa View Post
    I've got another American Dad question: In Killer Vacation, is the old man Roger is in love with truly senile or is just a jerk?
    I suppose that's up for us as viewers to decide. I like to think that he's just a jerk, I guess it's funnier to me.

"What's new about the CIA? Oh nothing... except everything!"
    "I like money!"
    "I'm a dumbass!"

These are said by Stan of American Dad. Which episodes do these quotes come from?

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

After someone mentioned Disney's Doug in the "When did these shows switch to digital," I wonder: Were the episodes from Disney's Doug 22 minutes long or 11 minutes long? Not the Nicktoon Doug, the Disney version.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Disney Doug shows took up the full half-hour (22 minutes) per episode, as opposed to the Nick ones, which (usually) were two 11-minute episodes per half-hour.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

Can someone please explain the "Tony Robbins hungry!" joke from the Family Guy episode "When You Wish Upon A Weinstein?" Is it because he's big?

Junior Camper

in FamGuy, what's up with the joke of Sean penn acting nervous and smashing the camera while being filmed? Is it because he hates the paparazzi?

Blog Entries

zelek like really now ease up on the family guy related bumping

Back when cels were hand animated how was an effect like this achieved:

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by postalelf View Post
    Back when cels were hand animated how was an effect like this achieved:
    what episode is this? feels like bart gets an F or something

season 3 epuisode 4

Bart the Murderer

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: jim

Why are Bart and Lisa bald? Is there like an episode that explains it? Cancer?

I post here (sometimes) Ben Dewison's Avatar

Neither are actually bald, although the specific details of their hair are confusing. Usually the hair is simply appreciated as part of their distinctive character designs, but this became a source of humour in The Blue and the Grey, when Bart and Lisa both started freaking out over their missing hairlines. I an not sure exactly why it is that way, but unlike Homer and Marge's hair, points are rarely made about Bart and Lisa's in episodes, so it could be to make the characters seem timeless as opposed to reflecting reality. This is similar to their yellow skin.

Blog Entries

Why does all the animation on the new Cartoon Network shows look so cheap? Scooby Doo, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans Go, and now Ben 10. They all look like they spent as little money as they could on the animation. But why are they looking so cheap now?

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

I dont know about the others, but for PPG, I think it's specifically because CN is cheap. Everything about it screams cutting corners.

-Keeping a lot of the old voice actors besides the likely most expensive main characters
    -New, very inexperienced animators, storyboarders and directors
    -old franchise that will get love by default

I really think that CN just wants to be cheap with these shows.

Although, the new Scooby Doo animation actually looks pretty good, it's just the art style masks it by being not the best
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Blog Entries

can't stand the new Scooby doo animation myself

Thread Information