Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

i'm trying to remember the name of a short-lived anime i remember watching years ago. i can't remember much except that it took place in some kind of shopping district (?). in each episode the location changed into some sort of alternate dimension spoofing various film genres, such as film noir. starred a boy and a girl. i think the boy's dad/family owned a noodle shop or something, and possibly that the district was going to be torn down for modern development...

it was pretty great

dieing of loneliness Game Player's Avatar

yesss, that's it! i remember now. i discovered it via its gainax production and comparisons to FLCL. i don't know why but i've seriously begun to miss anime. the only one i've (re)watched within the past 5 years is evangelion. stuff like that and lighter shows like ranma 1/2 used to be such a huge and happy part of the crappiest of my teenage years. i mean, i'd make trips to boston's chinatown for the sole purpose of buying akane wall scrolls! shit like that filled my heart. and it's still in there, i know it. i give up trying to hide it: i'll always be a goddamn otaku

Hahahaha Akane wall scrolls. Oh man Chris I love you. Ranma was and is my favorite still. Go search out Akane Baka Song on youtube. It's a whole song of Akane screaming about how much of a jackass Ranma is in JP. You don't need to understand, you'll laugh regardless.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

dude, i actually own that on an imported CD!

hahaha

Ohhh fucking awesome, I have the same one! With Shampoo singing the Cat Cafe menu, right?

yeah!

i 100% want to dig that up from wherever it is now

also i think it was actually the first purchase i ever made over the internet; amazon back in '98 or '99

Yeah you made me go look for it now haha. The first song for January is Nabiki singing about how she loves New Year's because everyone gives her money. Loooove this stuff.

Junior Camper

Did I dream this up or is there an episode of Family Guy where Brian is drunk in a bar and he sings that "money-money-money-money" song? I remember laughing pretty hard at the way he wheezed the falsetto "...money!" but it might be another person from another show, I'm not sure.

the(david) white album Raoul Dukie's Avatar

^Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtfX5O-RlKY

I just finished watching my first episode of South Park today (I'm A Little Bit Country - Season 7). I liked it quite a bit. I wanted to find out how the show was. I pretty much only come on to this forum to talk about the Simpsons and the NHL but I had a few questions about South Park (I really don't know anything about the show).

- Is this show very popular in America (How many viewers compared to The Simpsons for example?)
    - Is the Show popular enough to continue as long as the Simpsons have continued (because they seem to already have done 14 Seasons and are on their 15th)?
    - And finally, have they released all the Seasons on DVD's because in France it doesn't seem to be the case?

Thanks very much for any future answers. I'll be checking this thread from time to time.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

The show was extremely popular and to this day is still considered at the same quality if not better than it ever was by many.(As opposed to the Simpsons) Ratings wise it doesn't ever match the Simpsons but gets extremely high ratings for a cable show. Personally I still like much of South Park, but have grown very tired of it over the last several years at least.

Year wise the show probably could go on indefinitely, but Matt and Trey(the creators) seem very tired of it but that's a complicated matter. In regards to episode number the show has MUCH shorter seasons than the Simpsons so although its done 15 seasons it literally has less than half as many episodes as the Simpsons. In the US all seasons have been released except for 15, which is the current season.

Thank you very much for all this information Oh, that's raspberry! Everything that you have said is extremely interesting to know . I suppose I'm going to have to start watching it a little bit every day during this summer. In France, it comes on from 10h40 to 12h50 in the morning (I think they play about 3 episodes a day from various seasons). Once I've seen seen some more episodes, I'll be able to compare it to Futurama (a show that I watch a lot less than the Simpsons. Although I have seen the first 4 Seasons that I really liked a lot).

I do find the South Park drawings quite cute (and I've heard they use cardboard) and I really enjoyed the episode I watched (I'm A Little Bit Country) this morning. I don't know the little boys name but he was desperately trying to have a flashback .

Blog Entries

1. The show is still pretty popular. Some people argue that it's gone downhill, but nowhere near as much as Simpsons. I personally find it is still very strong.

2. at this point, it is probably popular enough to last as long as the Simpsons, but i doubt they will. The creators are seemingly tired of doing the show (as evidenced by the most recent episode, You're Getting Old), but they apparently denied that they are tired. They are currently contracted to produce episodes until 2013 or so. Right now they are in their 15th season, so by the time this contract ends, they will be in their 17th season. unless they are contracted to produce more episodes after that. only time well tell. to get to where the simpsons are, the show would need to keep making episodes until 2019 or so, which i'd say is almost impossible, but i suppose it could happen.

3. every season is out in Region 1, US (except s15, which is on a short hiatus at the moment), and most of them are out in other regions (2 and 4). I don't know what region France would be, but i imagine if not every season is out on DVD, they will be in a few months/years or so

Okay, thanks very much for all that information Percy Wellington! I really appreciate it . I'm going to start watching the show a bit (see how I like it). All my friends in France are watching it and they all say it's hilarious. I suppose quite a lot of members on this forum have watched the entire show. I also took a look at Season 15 that's being broadcast in America. It seems as though they're taking a summer break until October the 5th 2011 (It probably doesn't really matter for you guys though because in the mean time you have Futurama ). I'll need to catch up on Futurama some time too because I haven't seen the 4 films or the beginning of Season 6.

On the topic of South Park, what's the episode where Cartman is in the school hallway, taunting someone by swearing and crossing his arms in a bad-ass fashion? It was a clip in a commercial for shows on WGN this fall and I swear it's from the last couple seasons. I ask this because I'm wondering if finally syndicates have gotten the rights to episodes post season 10...

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

That sounds most like "Breast Cancer Show Ever" to me.

And yeah, the syndication process seems to be really slow for South Park. I watched some in 2009/2010 at times on WGN mostly and it seemed like it was always from seasons 1-8.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Blog Entries

is American Dad! entering its 7th season or its 8th when new episodes return?

on wikipedia it says it is entering its 7th (which is what i thought), but on tv.com it says it will be entering its 8th. so which is it?

Since there's a whole episode list here, season 7 definitely makes more sense. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Dad!_episodes Plus, when you start typing in "American Dad season" in a search engine, it does not suggest finishing that search with an "8."

And thanks, DotheBartman. I like watching South Park in syndication because it's more convenient for me, and really they don't cut out much at all. More of the time I'm left saying, "I can't believe they left that in!" than "Aw, they cut that out." So overall it's pretty true to the original run; any episodes they turn down just aren't included in the syndication run.

Does the official South Park website stream episodes in Canada still (or in the first place)? I usually watch them that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Flimpsons View Post
    Since there's a whole episode list here, season 7 definitely makes more sense. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Dad!_episodes Plus, when you start typing in "American Dad season" in a search engine, it does not suggest finishing that search with an "8."
    thanks, that's what i thought. i checked on tv.com and that wikipedia page. for some reason, on tv.com it lists season 1 as ending with "Deacon Stan, Jesus Man" (maybe because that episode aired in june, and the next episode didn't air until September). then, tv.com has Bullocks to Stan to Tears of a Clooney listed as season 2, where everywhere else, it is listed as season one. I think that's why on tv.com the season that just aired is being listed as season 7, and not 6.

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DotheBartman View Post
    Does the official South Park website stream episodes in Canada still (or in the first place)? I usually watch them that way.
    never did

Blog Entries

Yeah Percy American Dad is definitely starting Season 7. I made the rate/review threads for a couple episodes at the end of last season including the Season 6 finale.

Blog Entries

Jesus I forgot South Park syndication still existed. Not a single channel even airs it out here in LA anymore (that I'm aware of). I could see why it wouldn't do well (bad timeslots, cut down, censored, access to episodes is extremely easy)

Also DtB all of SP is also on netflix streaming.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Someone explain this joke from "The Futurama holiday spectacular"

Farnsworth: "Bender, say something in bee talk"
    (Bender makes buzzing noises)
    Leela: "I'm sorry Bender, WHAT do you want me to put on the glass"
    (Bender makes buzzing noises)
    Leela: "Okay...IF we survive"
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Thanks man, I sort of guessed it was a tit joke but just didn't get the reference.

Blog Entries

is this a reference to anything? it's from the family guy episode "Peter's Progress" as a cutaway to show how lonely Alan Rickman is. is Alan Rickman lonely in real life, or did the writers just pick him at random? i was watching this and trying to figure out the 'joke' and why it's supposed to be funny.

Blog Entries

I am guessing it comes from how he plays the Snape character in the Harry Potter series. A lonely, kinda dark, slow speaking character who enunciates every word. But that's just a guess.

Blog Entries

that would make sense. i just didn't know if there was anything more to it, like if Alan Rickman was really a recluse, lonely man in real life or not.

Thread Information