Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Animation Q&A Thread (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

I don't know if there has already been a thread like this in the Drunken Clam but I had a small question in reference to a South Park episode. It wasn't worthy of an entire thread so I just thought it could be followed up by something else if anyone else had a question regarding Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, etc.

Anyway, I don't claim to be an expert on Al Gore but I just recently saw the Manbearpig episode of South Park and was wondering why they constantly had Al Gore saying he was, "cereal." Did he mis-pronounce the word serious in a speech or a promo for that global warming movie of his? There must be some kind of story I never heard, because he only saw cereal about 500 times within that half hour.

Darth Homer

Quote Originally Posted by mrkatie
    I don't know if there has already been a thread like this in the Drunken Clam but I had a small question in reference to a South Park episode. It wasn't worthy of an entire thread so I just thought it could be followed up by something else if anyone else had a question regarding Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, etc.

Anyway, I don't claim to be an expert on Al Gore but I just recently saw the Manbearpig episode of South Park and was wondering why they constantly had Al Gore saying he was, "cereal." Did he mis-pronounce the word serious in a speech or a promo for that global warming movie of his? There must be some kind of story I never heard, because he only saw cereal about 500 times within that half hour.

I believe that what Al Gore was trying to say was "Serial" instead of "Cereal".

Junior Camper Serious Downloader's Avatar

i wandered that too, but simpson fan's probably right

According to Wikipedia:

Al Gore uses the word "serial" (The closed captioner captioned every occurrence of this word in the episode as "cereal") in place of "seriously/serious". This is in reference to his gaffe on The Oprah Winfrey Show when he was asked for his favorite cereal and his answer was "Oprah", mistaking the word "cereal" for serial. [1]
    Also if this thread gets more traffic I'll probably sticky it.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

I want this thread to get more traffic because I think it's a good idea and there's something that's been bothering me recently, a joke that I'm not sure I get from SpongeBob in the episode Chocolate With Nuts:

SpongeBob: What do we do now?
    Patrick: Let's get naked!
    SpongeBob: No, we'll save that for when we're selling real estate...

If Family Guy has someone credited as a guest star, does that mean it was literally their voice, or does it just mean that they had to credit them since FG made fun of them? I ask this, because there have been occasions when it didn't really sound like that particular actor's voice, but then it was credited at the end.

milhouse the great.

i had a thread for this a long time ago just for family guy jokes, since there are so many random ass moments in it.

Huh, thanks for telling me.

The Drunken Clam Q&A (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

Seeing as this type of thread is very popular in the General Discussion forum, I figure that we should have one here, for "What was that "Futurama" episode where Fry....etc. type questions.

If a mod could make this a sticky that would be greatly appreciated.

Already done about a month ago:
    http://nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=57028
    Kupo said that it'd get a sticky if it was quite active. It wasn't...

Freaking crazy ass time stamps. Well the other thread pretty much died so yeah, that's why I didn't stick it. But I dunno, I guess if someone else made a thread for it then maybe in the future it'll get used 'cause I suppose it is wanted in a way, right...?

I guess what I'm saying is I'll merge the threads (creating an even bigger mess of posts, woo) and sticky it and if people wanna use it in the future then they'll be welcome to, arrrr.

Alright I have a question. What was the Family Guy episode where Adam West was using his Lite-Brite and his name was "Adam We?"

could give a flying fuck skittlebrau's Avatar

"Breaking Out Is Hard to Do". It's the episode where Lois becomes a shoplifter.

"My name isn't Adam We...or is it? Who am I? What number did you dial? Don't ever call here again! (hangs up) I guess I told him! Nobody messes with Adam We."
    yep.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

What is the name of the robot in Futurama that looks like a lounge chair and is always eating grapes and enjoys everything?

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneFamous
    What is the name of the robot in Futurama that looks like a lounge chair and is always eating grapes and enjoys everything?
    Hedonism Bot
    that makes me stupid, and you a whore

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Ah, thanks

In That family guy episode 'deep throats' what was that thing about Adam west's pizza stamped on by a, was it, Noid? whats that about?

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

According to Wikipedia, it was an advertising character for Domino's Pizza.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noid
    There was a similar joke in the Simpsons. Marge: "Avoid the Noid! He ruins pizzas."

Can someone give me a list of all the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes featuring the Mooninites?

Mayhem of the Mooninites
    Revenge of the Mooninites
    The Last One
    Remooned (aka Mooninites 3: Remooned)
    Moon Master (aka Mooninites 4: The Final Mooning)
    Deleted Scenes
    Moonajuana

That's it, I think.

Thanks Paul.

Oh, and don't forget that every season 3 opening involved the Mooninites, in those Spacecataz segments.

HERE COME THE DRUMS! Chief Simpson's Avatar

When did Family Guy parody cheaper by the dozen?

You know, 'There's a fat one, a skinny one, a gay one...'

?
    A response to the YouTube video, 'Family Guy Steals From The Simpsons' - Funniest thing I've ever read.
    If you guys didn't notice, Family Guy was produced by the same person that made the Simpsons.
    You can't steal from yourself, therefore, Family Guy can't steal from the Simpsons

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam R
    I want this thread to get more traffic because I think it's a good idea and there's something that's been bothering me recently, a joke that I'm not sure I get from SpongeBob in the episode Chocolate With Nuts:

SpongeBob: What do we do now?
    Patrick: Let's get naked!
    SpongeBob: No, we'll save that for when we're selling real estate...
    As far as I know, there's no hidden meaning to that joke, just a random thing I think. That's possibly my favorite episode of Spongebob though. "Remember, flatter the customer, make him feel good."
    "Hello?"
    "I love you."

Also, in Love and Rocket (futurama) What does it mean when Bender says in the ship's harddrive: "Tubes? You're older than you said you were."

Virgin Colada! *No Rum breadharrity's Avatar

I'm not sure about that Shabadoo, maybe tubes are supposed to symbolize more primitive technology than Bender's, or something to do with naughty parts, sorry I couldn't help it.

Which episode of Futurama does Zoidberg say "You don't want to end up old and lonely like ZOIDBERG!"? I have all the DVDs so once I know which episode I can watch it!

HERE COME THE DRUMS! Chief Simpson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matt228
    Which episode of Futurama does Zoidberg say "You don't want to end up old and lonely like ZOIDBERG!"? I have all the DVDs so once I know which episode I can watch it!
    'Time Keeps on Slipping'

Now, can someone enlighten me about the Family Guy Cheaper by the Dozen parody?

In which Family Guy episode does Peter get chased by the KKK and thinks he's being chased by ghosts? One of the few jokes I liked in Family Guy. Positive it's in season 3.

formerly shutupa yo face moneychair2003's Avatar

it is in season 3. its "death lives".
    Check out my NFL blog. I write articles about every upcoming match, my predictions for those matches, what games are worth watching, and about everything else happening in the NFL. http://backbayfuturesportsmanagers.com/

http://www.reddit.com/user/ac519/

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey-Jo-Jo-Junior Shabadoo
    As far as I know, there's no hidden meaning to that joke, just a random thing I think. That's possibly my favorite episode of Spongebob though. "Remember, flatter the customer, make him feel good."
    "Hello?"
    "I love you."

Also, in Love and Rocket (futurama) What does it mean when Bender says in the ship's harddrive: "Tubes? You're older than you said you were."
    Vacuum tubes. They used to be used in electronics, but they were replaced by transistors, because transistors are much smaller and don't typically need to be replaced.

Thread Information