13 11.50%
  • 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5 "Like a Kleenex at a snot party"

1 0.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R&R: Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Is this episode Lisa is different then in later seasons, she is more "simple folk" than the now almoust liberal douche ...

In Amazing Scentovision Ray Jay Jonah's Avatar

Fab ep, not just for Bob, w great acting from Kelsey Grammer. 5/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    but then again they could say the plot was about lisa taking a shit on skinner's face and i'd probably hold out some hope for it

Not my favorite Bob-episode in the slightest but of course not the worst either. I rank it somewhere in the middle in front of episodes like Sideshow Bob Roberts, Day of the Jackanapes, The Great Louse Detective and Funeral for a Fiend but far behind others like Krusty Gets Busted, Black Widower, Cape Feare and Brother from Another Series. 3/5.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Not the best Bob episode. But this slams it out of the park compared to all the Bob episodes after "Brother From Another Series".

4/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, not as great as some other Bob episodes, but still pretty good. 4/5, but just barely.

Banned

The 4th best Sideshow Bob episode and it's deserving of a 4/5, 8/10, B+

Blog Entries

Good, but sticks out like a sore thumb in the spectacular 7th season. 4/5, and definitely my least favorite Bob episode of the classic era.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This episode is hilarious and the resolution is hilariously anticlimactic. I like the idea of Sideshow Bob being an evil genius with goals of world domination (well, town domination). I also love how he is a cartoonish supervillain with mental problems who is also a high-brow snob. I agree that this episode isn't quite as good as some of the other Sideshow Bob episodes, but it is still damn good. 8/10

Banned
    Blog Entries

Probably the weakest Sideshow Bob episode of the classic era, but still great. 5/5

Blog Entries

what i like:

-the colonel character

-Haul ass to lullapalooza

-Did someone say "Box kite?"

-"I think we'd live in a world where the survivors would envy the dead."

-the ending

not my favorite bob episode but it was pretty decent. 4/5

5/5

Blog Entries

This is so funny! I especially laugh at the ways Bob gets humiliated, and his helium speech ("Blasted helium! Shoo, shoo!") and the funniest quote: "My crusade against television has come to an end so formulaic it could have spewed from the power-book of the laziest Hollywood hack!" So funny! I give it 5 out of 5!

5/5. Way to overlooked.

A very subdued episode with several clever bits. While it is underrated, it is also one of the more boring Sideshow Bob episodes. There's nothing annoying here, it's just a bit boring.

7.5/10

In terms of the plot - both the narrative and Bob's plan specifically - it's not one of the more remarkable or intricately clever Sideshow Bob escapades. I think it's one of the funnier Sideshow Bob episodes though, with some good silly humour. Milhouse being ejected from the jet's cockpit never stops being funny for me, nor does Bob's "That's the last condom wrapper" moment. Krusty's attempts to keep his show going are pretty funny too, and I've always preferred his characterisation as someone who is very troubled, but genuinely is enthusiastic about performing. Homer has some great moments as well: "I wrecked the gate but you don't hear me bragging", and running over Bart's bag (which explodes for no reason), and then calling for him to jump.

Again, not the most compelling story for a Sideshow Bob episode, but I've always enjoyed it for its humour. 4/5
    A little less Generic than before.

This is actually one of only a handful of golden era eps that leave me entirely cold. Most of the humour I find quite startlingly dry and unfunny, with just a scattering of quality moments (ie. pretty much everything Generic mentioned). Kelsey Grammer shines as always, but Bob has little in the way of memorable lines, and the episode as a whole is rather unmemorable. It certainly isn't awful, but I can't give it any higher than a B-.

I just revisited the episode this morning, and if Bob has such a problem with Television then maybe he should have done something about it when he was mayor instead of using his powers to make this simpsons lives miserable

and if Marge doesn't like Air Shows, why didn't she just stay home? she didn't really contribute anything to the plot
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Thread Information