View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Das Bus

7 10.14%
  • The Last Temptation of Krust

4 5.80%
  • Dumbbell Indemnity

2 2.90%
  • Lisa the Simpson

11 15.94%
  • This Little Wiggy

4 5.80%
  • Simpson Tide

7 10.14%
  • The Trouble With Trillions

1 1.45%
  • Girly Edition

6 8.70%
  • Trash of the Titans

3 4.35%
  • King of the Hill

3 4.35%
  • Lost Our Lisa

2 2.90%
  • Natural Born Kissers

19 27.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Season Nine Best Episode: Part Two (Natural Born Kissers Wins)

"Natural Born Kissers". Slightly derivative of "Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy", but it has more focus and point to it I think, plus simultaneously being able to approach the topic of nudity and Homer and Marge's love life without coming off as juvenile, and remaining funny in the process.

Gah-HOY'geh'flavin! Number 10767's Avatar

I think Natural Born Kissers is pretty good, but Homer and Marge cavorting naked through the town was too silly for me. Here I would pick either Simpson Tide or Lisa the Simpson... umm, I think LtS.
    Ooh, they have the Internet on computers now!

Now these guys are a bit harder than the part one batch for me.

My personal favorites for these are Das Bus, This Little Wiggy, Simpson Tide, Last Temptation of the Krust, and Lost Our Lisa.

Das Bus is often critisized as being too "Saturday Morning". Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I just don't see that, nothing on this show is Saturday Morning really. It was of course an obvious parody episode...in this case parodying Lord of the Flies...but what it also was to me was a hilarious display of fantasy versus reality. How Bart and co think at first that its going to be this neat adventure...but everything just goes wrong. Its also one of the ultra rare, in fact only episodes that shows the majority of the Springfield kids together for a whole episode. I think there's even more that could of been done, it sort of makes me wish the somewhat useless sub-plot with Homer and the internet wasn't used...although it had some funny moments. Still..it was just a very fun episode. Bart swimming to get to the sunken bus is one of the most beautifully animated sequences in the series, and it has the immortal "It takes like BURNING!" line curtousy of Ralph.

Simpson Tide was similarly a "just for fun" episode. Although the humor was a little on the sick side at times...it wasn't quite at the levels of the latter Scully era yet. The very idea of Homer in charge of Nuclear submarine is just so bizzare its funny. A bit over the top I admit but I can't deny that I enjoyed it. Bart's little sub plot with the earring was pretty fun, and Moe's little scene remembering whats important to him topped it all off.

Last Temptation of the Krust to me was a pretty interesting, underrated episode. It was very funny, but it also had a lot to say I think. But more than anything...just seeing Krusty trying to kick his endorsement habit made it worth it.

This Little Wiggy I have a love/hate relationship with. Of course with Ralph being my favorite character, I just can't not love it...but to me this episode is a bit bittersweet...because it was the start of what I think is Ralph's severe downward spiral as a character. In a way, it was also Bart's. But still...in itself it was a pretty fun episode, and it was one of the few times in the series I got a little heart tug when Ralph started to cry, feeling backstabbed by Bart. Its that kinda endearing characteristic that just suddenlly dissapeared from the character after this...but I disgress it was also a great episode for Bart...maybe more so. It showed his weaker as well as better side in a pretty believable way.

Lost Our Lisa is one of my favorite Homer/Lisa moments. Although the two have done a lot by this point, for me it was all about the scene where Homer stops the car and tells Lisa that she's got to live more spontaneously...and actually live. We hadn't seen Homer sprout out genuine wisdom like that in a really long time and that made it pretty powerful. It was a fun episode through and through.

It comes down to This Little Wiggy and Lost Our Lisa for me this batch...a pretty tough call but Lost Our Lisa just barely wins...because as I said...I have a love/hate relationship with Wiggy.

Dumbbell Indemnity. Homer's antics make the episode for me.

I like Das Bus more than most people, but I don't think it quite beats NBK.

king of the hill or das bus, went with das bus

Stonecutter

This Little Wiggy, with Lisa, the Simpson close behind.

Simpson Tide

I love the mood of the episode...funny, yet the direction and cinematography make it even more special. It is zany and a little far-out but you often need episodes like this...great episode.

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

King of the Hill gets my vote. It's just as funny as Trash of the Titans, Dumbell Indemnity and The Trouble with Trillions, plus it has a respectable storyline to it much like Lost Our Lisa.

Once again, a great time to be a fan.
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I love Natural Born Kissers. It's a remarkably well-scripted episode if it can deal with the subjects of sex and public nudity without ever being tasteless. Forget what I said in the Season Nine Best Episode: Part One thread. This truly is one of the last true greats.

Having said that, I also really like Trash Of The Titans. I know it gets a lot of criticism (some fair, some otherwise) but I always found it made me laugh, the guest stars did not bother me, and, contrary to public opinion, I thought Homer was well in character. I actually think the angry loudmouthed malcontent depiction suits him well. I'm very tempted to vote for this one.

I've been watching some of the Season 9 episodes on Sky recently, and god I find them boring. Really really bland, and the joke-writing wasn't even as good as I remembered in comparison to newer episodes. Anyway I'll go for Lisa The Simpson because even though I like Natural Born Kissers, it gets a bit silly for me and I dislike the subplot and some of the dialogue.

lisa the simpson > natural born kissers > lost our lisa > king of the hill > das bus > girly edition > last temptation of krust > dumbbell indemnity > simpson tide > this little wiggy > trouble with trillions > trash of the titans

although once again, after the first 3 or so top episodes it all goes downhill.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Most of these episodes are really good, it's much closer than the first half of the Season. Lisa the Simpson and This Little Wiggy are my two favourites here, Wiggy just edges out LtS.

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

Simpson Tide for sure. My #3 episode!

Lucky The Leprechaun

Natural Born Kissers, although it was atough choice nbecause none of these episodes really stood out to me. This just seemed like the best of the bunch, only because I could watch this one over and over where I don't know if I could with the others.

I know almost everybody disagrees with me here, but I really like Trash Of The Titans.

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by scottvivian
    Most of these episodes are really good, it's much closer than the first half of the Season. Lisa the Simpson and This Little Wiggy are my two favourites here, Wiggy just edges out LtS.
    Heh, the same as me then

I liked Natural Born Kissers and Lisa the Simpson quite a bit, but I went with This Little Wiggy. I Love Lisa is still the definitive Ralph episode, but this one was really funny and sweet as well. I would have preferred a better ending, but otherwise Ralph and Bart spending time together had alot of really humorous scenes and the occasional drop-in moments by Homer, Marge, and Wiggum were really good too. The emotion works quite well also. Seeing Bart take Ralph's key away from him is heart-breaking to watch. It's just an all-around great episode.

This entire list is pretty much the same thing: fine, below average episodes. There aren't any that I truly dislike here, but at the same time, there aren't many great ones either. I will pick Natural Born Kissers because its the only one that is truly memorable

Quote Originally Posted by bovine_university
    I liked Natural Born Kissers and Lisa the Simpson quite a bit, but I went with This Little Wiggy. I Love Lisa is still the definitive Ralph episode, but this one was really funny and sweet as well. I would have preferred a better ending, but otherwise Ralph and Bart spending time together had alot of really humorous scenes and the occasional drop-in moments by Homer, Marge, and Wiggum were really good too. The emotion works quite well also. Seeing Bart take Ralph's key away from him is heart-breaking to watch. It's just an all-around great episode.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I know the pyromaniacal Leprechaun is a fan favorite but after that pretty nice and clean conclusion it just felt like one of the tacked on "twist" endings. I always felt it just sorta clashed with the rest of the episode.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I liked this little Wiggy because it was one of the last times Ralph was an actual character rather than later becoming a retarded charicature of his previously humurous self
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Mmm... Free Goo

No one is voting for the Last Temptation of Krust.

Need I remind you it includes the birth of "The Canyonero" HEH HEH!
    "Hey Guys, Look What I Smuggled Aboard!"

Such a hard list to choose from. Lost our Lisa is great, so is King of the Hill, Das Bus, Trash of the Titans. But, my vote goes to Simpsons Tide. One of my top 5 episodes throughout the series.
    Dyslexia, Duffman's secret shame!

Mad without power

I actually haven't seen 1/3 of Season 9 (Whereas I've seen every episode of every other season save for like 3 episodes). That said, "Lisa the Simpson" is my final A+ episode of the series.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

This is tricky...I don't think any of these episodes are really GREAT. Even so, I voted Lost Our Lisa, for generally being funny and sweet. Lisa the Simpson and Natural Born Kissers are up there as well.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

It was down to Das Bus and This Little Wiggy for me. Both are personal faves for me since I tend to like episodes that focus on the kids and Ralph Wiggum is one of my favorite characters. However, I went with Das Bus because there are still some good ralph moments, like "Go Banana!"
    that makes me stupid, and you a whore

Natural Born Kissers is the best one.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher Where's Poochie?'s Avatar

Girly Edition
    Like Homer: Badman, Girly Edition is a hilarious and thought-provoking look at what's wrong with media-coverage nowadays.
    "I'm a drive, I'm a winner. Things are going to change I can feel it."

Not an Al Jean butt-kisser TerrorK's Avatar

I can't believe "Lisa the Simpson" is getting as much support as it is... it's a horrible episode. It's more like a Scully show than most of the Scully shows are in Season 9 in fact. Very few laughs, and an awful premise overall that makes no sense and shallows both Homer and Bart's characters down more than anything else has since, particuarly the latter of the two.
    - Kenneth White

"Even if The Simpsons is better than 95% of everything else on TV, that doesn't automatically make it good."

Last Temptation of Krust, great to see the topic of stand-up comedy covered. It has been only briefly done before, like when Homer watches it on tv. Canyonero was awesome too, one of the funniest songs ever.

Thread Information