View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homer: Bad Man

17 18.68%
  • Homer the Great

12 13.19%
  • And Maggie Makes Three

10 10.99%
  • Lisa's Wedding

22 24.18%
  • Lemon of Troy

19 20.88%
  • Who Shot Mr. Burns? - Part One

11 12.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Six Best Episode: Finals (Lisa's Wedding Wins)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Season Six Best Episode: Finals (Lisa's Wedding Wins)

"Homer: Bad Man" again, easily my favorite of the season. Though looking at the votes in the previous threads, this will likely be a close race for any episode that wins.

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

HTG!!! Sorry,no Homers.

I know in the first poll I voted for Lisa's Wedding, but I'm now voting for Lemon of Troy.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

I know in the first poll I voted for Lisa's Wedding, but I'm now voting for Lemon of Troy.
    <_<
    >_>

I've got to go with Who Shot Mr. Burns again. For a cartoon, this episode was just so damn classy. It's pretty much faultless.

Make no mistake though, Homer Badman is a top 20 episode for me, no doubt. It's lost a lot of its charm on me after having to heavily analyse it in the HSC (and it's representation of 'Telling the Truth'), but I still value it as a fantastic episode.
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

Lemon of Troy. I wonder if Homer the Great will get it's share of votes, after all we are on nohomers webpage.

I voted for "Homer: Bad Man", but it was a pretty difficult decision. "Homer the Great" is a classic, but I like the first half of the episode more than the second. "Lemon of Troy" and "Lisa's Wedding" are both good episodes, but not as great as some people say. "And Maggie Makes Three" is a very touching episode. It has one of the sweetest endings, and I totally love the part when everyone congratulates Homer for making Marge pregnant, but Homer thinks they congratulate him for his new job. That's really great. Dammit, maybe I should've voted for this one. "Who Shot Mr Burns part I" is really pretty intense and very cool, but for some reason, I didn't want to vote for it again.

"Homer: Bad Man" is very funny. Every part of it. Especially the part when the house is under siege of reporters and Kent Brockman suggests that the cat was maybe sexually harassed by Homer. Brilliant.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

None of my first choices from the preliminary stages managed to get this far. All of these episodes are truly brilliant, but Homer Badman is truly brillianter than the rest. Speaking of which, why the colon in Homer Badman's title? I've never seen this colon in the titles printed in the complete guide or on the DVDs, so am really just asking out of interest.

i cant remember where but i regularly saw it typed as homer: bad man

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

even between lemon of troy and homer the great, so i just decided on homer the great since lot already ahs 4 votes, might as well help out homer the great. Shame homie the clown in not there though.

Wow, these are all top 20 quality, they're all why season 6 is my favourite season. I think Lemon Of Troy just clinches it.

once again all great choices.

i'm voting for lisa's wedding, though.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

Delete message - I misread a quote.

Vogue_Queen

Lisa's wedding! LOVE that episode - both poignant and meaningful. Love it.

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

And Maggie Makes Three

a malcolm and a archer

in a shocker, i'm actually going to go with lisa's wedding.

I voted for And Maggie Makes Three in the first round, but this time I'm going with Lisa's Wedding. The future jokes were very fun and entertaining, the story is sweet, the characterizations are right-on, and the emotional moments hit all the right notes. It's smart, mature, hilarious, and my third favorite episode of all time, so it gets my vote.

It's very close between And Maggie Makes Three and Lisa's Wedding. The latter may be a bit superior in emotion, but the former makes up that difference with humor.

Stonecutter

Homer: Badman
    This is a very tough choice, though. All of these episodes deserve to go far in this contest.

Lucky The Leprechaun

I had to pick Lisa's Wedding. As a young kid it was my favourite and as I got older I kept it up there, for some different reasons and some of the same. One of my favourites.

I missed the first round voting for season 6. Hey, I was away...

This is one of my favorite seasons. In fact I'm willing to say its the most well rounded of them all. All the characters had by this point become all the people we know and love, and the plots were all very subtle and almost stylish in a way in how they rolled out....its great stuff.

This is the hardest final session yet, and maybe of them all except maybe upcoming 7. Homer the Great, Lisa's Wedding, Who Shot Mr. Burns, and Lemon of Troy I really want to vote for. Gahg, what a choice!

Homer the Great is just one of those episodes everyone remembers. Its one of the funnest in the series without getting too over the top...sort of strange considering its about a secret society. The theme song of the stonecutters, the "real" constitutional signing, and Homer's clueless but somehow not *that* stupid actions just made it one of the most memorable. Its one of those episodes that made you really love Homer in favor of...just about everyone else, even Lisa. I can't be the only one that just wanted Lisa to take it down a notch this episode even though it led to hilarious things. This is one of the only times where she meant totally well, but managed to irk me a bit.

Who Shot Mr.Burns is one of my top ten because it involves ALL of Springfield in a way very, very few episodes in the series have and it was excellent. Its true, it does feel a bit stylish, but it also feels a bit larger than the other episodes. Its just a fantastic showcase of how far the series had come up until then. In the public's eye this episode also represented the series' peak in a way. Sure it was all one big set up, but it was done very well.

Lemon of Troy is also one of my favorites because its just simply one of the funnest episodes. A silly little adventure with the kids and later adults. The "bizzaro" qualities of Shelvyville were pretty funny, but it was just fun watching it through and through.

Lisa's Wedding is another of my top 10 and I think its the same with many. I think this episode was so powerful, that many people just couldn't accept Bart to the Future or Future-Drama just for the fact they contradicted in some ways with Lisa's Wedding's "canon" I guess you could say. Although all the future episodes are purely conjectural and basically just random for the most part as we know now (I like to say the Gypsy was wrong, and maybe the future isn't set as the others hint. Thats the big thing about the future eps...they're "glimpses"), this episode I think came at the perfect time. The show had been on for a while by this point and it was a subject I think everyone was getting curious about, what may happen "after" the timeless age the show takes place in. The episode itself I think people forget has a lot of the things people critisize the other future episodes of, mostly the "this is the future!" jokes. They were however, a lot more subtle. It was all mostly about Lisa's drama, and the ending sequences with each family member were all very emotional, especially with Bart. The whole thing left me feeling very sad, part in because of the ending and part because I just wanted to see more...all the future episodes always leave off on an uncertain tangent. Its the point though I guess.

I gotta vote for Lisa's Wedding. Lemon and HTG were extremely fun episodes, Who Shot Mr. Burns was very well put together and very fun...but Lisa's Wedding is one of the "special" episodes of the series for me.

tuna that is ON FIRE!!!!!!!

I may be in the minority, but I really liked who shot mr. burns part one.
    So much suspense. Homer: Bad Man was funny, but #2 for me is Lisa's wedding. It was cool, seeing the near future. I also think Homer the Great is the funniest episode in the season.

Who shot burns>Lisa's wedding>Homer the Great>Lemon of Troy>Homer: Bad Man> And Maggie....

Give me my sword,............ it's ownage time. - Confucius

Lemon of Troy gets my vote followed by Homer: Badman, Who Shot Mr. Burns?, and Lisa's Wedding, all four are great episodes, and I wouldn't mind if any of them won. But how did And Maggie Makes Three make the list, it is easily the worst of the classic era flashbacks

Once again, I went with Lemon of Troy. It was between that and Homer: Badman. While, I thought Homer: Badman was funnier, Lemon of Troy was a better all around episode.
    that makes me stupid, and you a whore

Mmm... Free Goo

Homer the Great
    Too good to be first. The song was hilarious. Patrick Stewart was Phenomenal "We're havin' ribs."
    "Hey Guys, Look What I Smuggled Aboard!"

Who Shot Mr. Burns - Part 1. They're all pretty much at the same level though, some of my favorite episodes. This should be an interesting race to the finish, any one of these episodes could easily win.

and Maggie makes 3, I liked this one

Homer The Great, for me. Though they are all good candidates. Fantastic season.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Look at that line-up of episodes! I do love season 6.

I have to admit, though, Lisa's Wedding isn't quite the classic for me as it is for everyone else. Upon rewatching it on the S6 DVD, I was surprised to find it not quite as funny as I remember. Hugh was pretty dull--I was hoping Lisa would fall for someone as interesting as she was--and some gags (like the exploding/crying robots) left a bad taste in my mouth. For whatever reason, the episode didn't really reach me on an emotional level, either, except for Homer's little speech. Still an A- episode for me (generally creative, funny, and original), but the rest up there beat it IMO.

So I voted for WSMB. It's wonderfully dark, mysterious, brilliantly crafted, and overall just an extremely captivating mystery; one which utilizes secondary characters wonderfully, and is completely packed with laughs:

"Sorry Grampa, it's just that for a second it looked like Dad had melted."

"You should have fired in the air, she would've ran off!"

"Forgot prende asked for highly pressing package of power plant profit projections for Pete Porter in Pasadenda."
    "Priority?"
    "Precisely."

"Why is it when I heard the word 'school' and the word 'exploded' I immediately thought of the word 'SKINNER'!?"

AWFUL SCHOOL IS AWFUL RICH
    "...an unrelated article?"
    "Mm hm."
    "Within the banner headline?" (very Aurora Borealis-style conversation, I love it)

"You know those guitars, that are like, DOUBLE guitars, you know?"

"Dear Lord! That's the loudest profanity I've ever heard!"

"Man alive, there are, uh, men alive in here."

"Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun..."

"I must say, Mr. Burns is being awfully inconsiderate--selfish, even!"

"I've decided to protect myself ever since I was attacked in my office by an unidentified assailant." ("D'oh!")

Vote WSMB for best Season 6 episode!
    Last edited by TriforceBun; 07-10-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Gah-HOY'geh'flavin! Number 10767's Avatar

And Maggie Makes Three seems like a lost cause. I'll vote for Homer Bad Man.
    Ooh, they have the Internet on computers now!

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun
    Look at that line-up of episodes! I do love season 6.

I have to admit, though, Lisa's Wedding isn't quite the classic for me as it is for everyone else. Upon rewatching it on the S6 DVD, I was surprised to find it not quite as funny as I remember. Hugh was pretty dull--I was hoping Lisa would fall for someone as interesting as she was--and some gags (like the exploding/crying robots) left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I agree. It is a great episode but there are obvious faults in some of the humour that discourage it from being my favourite. I'm going for Homer The Great, but they're all classics.

Thread Information