View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stark Raving Dad

5 6.10%
  • Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington

6 7.32%
  • When Flanders Failed

3 3.66%
  • Bart the Murderer

6 7.32%
  • Homer Defined

3 3.66%
  • Like Father, Like Clown

2 2.44%
  • Treehouse of Horror II

0 0%
  • Lisa's Pony

9 10.98%
  • Saturdays of Thunder

2 2.44%
  • Flaming Moe's

29 35.37%
  • Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk

9 10.98%
  • I Married Marge

8 9.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Three Best Episode: Part One (Flaming Moe's Wins)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Season Three Best Episode: Part One (Flaming Moe's Wins)

Top three go to the finals.

http://www.snpp.com/episodeguide/season3.html

With "Bart the Murderer", "Like Father, Like Clown", "Flaming Moe's", and "I Married Marge" all in one poll, this is a really difficult decision for me. In the past I probably would have went with "Like Father, Like Clown" (and I still think higher of it than most), but I think over time I've grown to respect "I Married Marge" more. Probably forgotten a bit more than it needs to be, the interaction between Homer and Marge is as sincere and as strong as in "The Way We Was" or "Lisa's First Word", as well as does a great job of setting up Homer's job at the power plant, having a rare use of the Bouviers, as well as sign of the times humor (Homer's spoiling of the Empire Strikes Back and Burns triumphant joy of outsmarting the ghosts in Ms. Pac Man are easily two of my favorite moments here).

Stark Raving Dad - 8/10
    Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington - 8/10
    When Flanders Failed - 8/10
    Bart the Murderer - 8/10
    Homer Defined - 8.5/10
    Like Father, Like Clown - 8.5/10
    Treehouse of Horror II - 7.5/10
    Lisa's Pony - 9/10
    Saturdays of Thunder - 8/10
    Flaming Moe's - 9/10
    Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk - 7.5/10
    I Married Marge - 8.5/10

"Flaming Moe's" gets my vote. I'm not even sure what some of the episodes are, off the top of my head, so they don't deserve my vote. Right?

and another near-flawless bunch of episodes!

i decided on mr. lisa goes to washington, though.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B

Thaht should dew it!

flaming moes for me, got me intrigued right from the get go...

just to see Moes tavern packed makes me wanna be there with a cold beer, or a flaming homer!!
    "Duffman can't breathe! OHH..NOO..!!!"

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I voted for Like Father, Like Clown, copying this review from a recent thread:
    actually think this is a brilliant episode, and very funny too – though perhaps it’s because I’m Jewish and got virtually all the references there. I find it funnier than Lisa’s Substitute and Two Cars In Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish. Jackie Mason made a good Rabbi Krustofski, compare this to how he was woefully underused in Today, I Am A Clown. Another aspect of this episode that I liked was that it was meticulously researched, right down to the Talmud quotes. If you look at the end credits you can see a couple of Rabbis listed under the ‘researcher’ credit somewhere. Nowadays, it seems like the writers are less bothered with factual accuracy. If I have to make a single complaint about this episode, and I’m struggling a little here, it might be that the ending is just a teeny-weeny bit rushed, with the “We haven’t seen each other in thirty years!” and a pie being thrown in his face. It’s a definite 5/5 for me and nothing less.

very tough decision, but i went with when flanders failed.

also looking at that fantastic list, none of the episodes (other than THOH II) would i grade less than an A-

A truly excellent bunch of episodes. I was torn between I Married Marge and Flaming Moe's but in the end I had to go with Flaming Moe's, one of those defining Simpsons episodes which everyone remembers.

Ah, the last of the "first era". An odd but kind of cool hybrid of season 1-2's style and the style of 4-9 that would pretty much define the whole thing. Its actually one of my favorite seasons.

I say that my top three picks are Bart the Murderer, Saturdays of Thunder, and Flaming Moe.

Bart the Murderer was a fantastic Bart episode, and I think it was one of the few to really capture his dual sided personality. On one hand he's a delinquent, the other a good kid with a pretty high sense of integrity for a 10 year old...and what connects those two extremes is a mystery. Maybe its peer pressure, maybe its the sign of someone wise beyond his years who didn't like what he saw ahead, maybe its just defiance. Its up to you, but this was a great episode to show that off. It was one of my favorite episodes for a long time. Saturdays of Thuner is just fun, I loved it as a kid. People can say what they want about Martin, I think he's a really fun character when he's used right...especially with Bart. Sort of the semi quasi last appearance of "classic" Nelson, and another great episode to show the undesired rift between Homer and Bart with lots of fun inbetween.

Flaming Moe though, is just one of those episodes I could never forget. Not particularly deep, nor is it particularly well written I will admit. But what makes it one of the all time classics I think is Homer himself. Homer I think had some of his funniest moments in this episode, in the entire series' history. I mean...who could forget his little temper tantrum in the bedroom? Really showed how fun a character Moe can be too, he became one of my favorites and still is. I loved it as a kid and I still love it today, and it took one hell of an episode for one of the "adult" episodes to strike me as a little kid. It gets my vote.

wreck on the highway

Tough decision; I went with "When Flanders Failed".

Stonecutter

There's loads of classics there, but I Married Marge stood out as the best. Who would of thought it could of done a slightly better job than to The Way We Was, beating it in terms of humour.

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

This is a tough decision, but to me all of my Season 3 favourites will be in the second half.

It comes down to Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Flaming Moes, When Flanders Failed and Bart the Murderer. I choose Bart the Murderer.

a malcolm and a archer

great batch of episodes, save "when flanders failed" and "homer defined."

in the end, i was torn between i married marge and like father, like clown. had to go with i married marge, by the slimmest of margins.

season 3 is my favorite, so this wasn't an easy choice. in the end it was a virtual tie between When Flanders Failed and Bart the Murderer. i went with Murderer because i thought it stood a better chance of getting through and i wanted to help it out. of course, now i see that those 2 were tied before my vote, so i guess it didn't matter. good to see WFF getting some love. i've always thought this episode was grossly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki
    Ah, the last of the "first era".
    i'm interested, why do you class it as part of the "first era"?

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Very tough choice, I was torn between every episode, then Stark Raving Dad and Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk. I went for the former because it has a great song as a lovely ending.
    Simpson Crazy
    Now with iGoogle gadgets! Try Quote of the Day and Word of the Day

my other sites: Toon images · Song Lyrics · Website tutorials

Flaming Moes, it is one of the funniest episodes ever, and while there are episodes here that have a lot more emotion, none pack enough punch to beat the near constant bellylaughs that Flaming Moes provides

Back but still forgotten

Quite possibly the hardest poll ever, but I think the song puts "Flaming Moes" ahead by an ince.
    Oh....you better believe thats a paddlin

Flaming Moe's is flawless. For some reason I like Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk quite a lot too, but definately not as much as Flaming Moe's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    i'm interested, why do you class it as part of the "first era"?

Its what I call the first three seasons. You know how the series in the first season was sort of still shaping itself, so it was a bit different than the rest of the series. I always thought there was a rather noticable difference between the first three seasons, and season 4 and on.

The first season feels nearly like a different show to me, and it sort of gradually became what the rest of the series was like during the first 3. At least thats what I think.

Even visually you can sort of see a big difference.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. California Prunes's Avatar

Superb bunch of episodes. Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington gets my vote, its very underrated and doesn't get the praise it so sorely deserves. Feels very much in the same vein as a season 2 outing.
    DVD Season Rankings - 7, 6, 4, 2, 3, 5, 8, 1

Stonecutter

Flaming Moe's easily wins it for me. It's an instant classic.

An excellent group of episodes. I'm going to vote for Flaming Moe's, although Bart the Murderer and Lisa's Pony are also favorites.
    Last edited by Gatsby; 06-12-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    An excellent group of episodes. I'm going to vote for Flaming Moe's, althought Bart the Murderer and Lisa's Pony are also favorites.
    Right on. I hope any combination of the three you mentioned, Homer Defined and Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk make it through.

Burns Sells his Powerplant, closely followed by Flaming Moe's.
    Dyslexia, Duffman's secret shame!

Flaming Moe's for sure. The story flows perfectly, Moe was at his best and explored very well, Guest stars were well-utilized, the plot overall was interesting and engaging, and there was an awesome song spoofing Cheers. One of Seasons 3's two A+'s, the other being Colonel Homer.

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Stark Raving Dad - 8/10
    Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington - 9/10
    When Flanders Failed - 8/10
    Bart the Murderer - 10/10
    Homer Defined - 10/10
    Like Father, Like Clown - 7/10
    Treehouse of Horror II - 8/10
    Lisa's Pony - 10/10
    Saturdays of Thunder - 4/10
    Flaming Moe's - 10/10
    Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk - 7/10
    I Married Marge - 10/10

I voted for "Flaming Moe's",although "Homer Defined" and "Bart the murderer" are really close. Just like Homer Jay,it's one of the funniest episodes ever. I love the Hugh Jass prank call! "Aerosmith" were hilarious,probably the best season 3 joke:
    - Hello,Saint Louise!
    - Uhm. It's Springfield,Steven.

Awesome group of episodes. Tough decision, but I'm voting for the criminally underrated Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk

didn't Bart the Murderer have like 6 votes before? i'm not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything. just wondering if guest voting was being allowed, then was deleted or what the deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Carey's Ghost
    didn't Bart the Murderer have like 6 votes before? i'm not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything. just wondering if guest voting was being allowed, then was deleted or what the deal is?
    I'm manually removing the guest votes.

Thread Information