48 23.76%
  • 5/5

18 8.91%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R Homer's Night Out

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Omicido Attentato Multiplo Sideshow Jay's Avatar

3/5

A mediocre episode if ever there was one. To me, though, it's only the second worst of Season 1. It's still better than Homer's Odyssey, which was just plain awful.

I tell ya, this episode gets no respect. There's a lot in this one that makes me laugh, much of it from Bart, who really steals the show. Stuff like repeatedly asking "Where's my spy camera?", taking gross pictures ("Oh yeah, like I'm really taking a picture of my butt."), ordering the squid platter with EXTRA tentacles, and being yelled at by Homer to look at the floor in all the strip joints.

I also loved the total reversal in personality that one father does when he catches his son with the Homer/Kashmir photo. "Son, why are you wasting your time with this sleazy trash?" "Sorry, dad." (slinks out) "Oh man, wait til the guys at work get a load of this!"

Yeah, the ending was slightly preachy but I didn't mind too much. I've certainly seen worse.

Inbetween fan and freak panterafan06's Avatar

To be honest, one of the worst episodes from the least funny season. With that being said, 2/5
    Top 20 Episodes
    20. Homer's Enemy 19. Homie the Clown 18.Trilogy of Error 17. Das Bus 16. RoseBud 15. Bart Sells His Soul14. Summer of 4'2 13. Marge vs. the Monorail 12. Cape Feare 11. Homer at the Bat 10. Mother Simpson 9. Treehouse of Horrer V 8. Homer the Heretic 7. Lisa's Substitute 6. Lisa the Vegetarian 5. Who Shot Mr. Burns? 4. Bart's Comet 3. Lemon of Troy 2. You Only Move Twice 1. Last Exit To Springfield
    Snubs: Duffless, Mountain of Madness, In Marge We Trust, Any Other season 3-9 episode.

4>7>8>6>5>3>2>9>19>15>10>1>13>14>16>12>17>11>18

Scary Beast

lol now were bitching about the classic era

the original Sex Pistol

lame, 3/5

Banned

Ridiculous, boring premise stuffed with forgettable jokes. C

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

the WORST episode of season 1
    the WORST episode of season 1 - 10
    One of the WORST Episodes of the simpsons
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

i don't know what you guys are talking about, this is a really good episode 4/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

Yay, my 500th Post!!!

not a bad episode but not too great either. 3/4

Not having read the whole thread, I'm going to assume this is being pegged as one of the weakest episodes from Season 1, and not only must I agree, but I'm going to declare it as Season 1's worst overall. The "Where's my spy cam" bit is a highlight, but otherwise, Marge is completely unreasonable and the third act pushes the limit in terms of preachiness. 2/5

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

meh

3/5

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i liked the beginning with bart, and the ending with the musical numbers and the "Bless the wives!!!" dude

4.5/5, rounded up to 5/5

It was boring, terribly animated, I hated the musical, and the worst problem is that Marge's reaction was ]COMPLETELY fucking ridiculous. It did have a few laughs though (WHERE'S MY SPY CAMERA?).

2.3/5

I didn't really liked this episode. But it wasn't terrible. I had missed this episode but one day I saw it on tv episodes online sites.

Banned

5/5
    I like It.the story was interesting.and this photo with homer got faster around springfield than monorail

I would have to give that episode a 3/5, it was a good solid episode and the photo went round town so quick but the problem was the ending, it seemed a bit out of sync with the rest of the series and for some reason this just didn't fit well.

Apart from that I thought it was a good episode hence the 3/5 at the top there :-)

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ahhgoobras View Post
    the WORST episode of season 1
    the WORST episode of season 1 - 10
    One of the WORST Episodes of the simpsons
    For my 3000th Post and after a rewatch i thought i'd review this episode again, also i don't think i was hard enough on this terrible episode! It currently has my ranking as the worst episode ever. That's right it's behind KTAAR, It's a Mad Marge and Bart to the Future.

It was incredibly unfunny, with many boring, pathetic and unfunny jokes including "Where's My Spy Camera" and "You got me mixed up with Fred Flintstone" they were terribly unfunny and unfun jokes. Standing out as the worst episode humourwise of the season. The only point in which i even had a smile on my face was during the Eugene Fisk joke. the only half-decent joke of the 22 minute piece of crap this was.

It's "Emotion" which seemed incredibly forced and brought the episode even further into the ground! Homer and Marge's Ending was pathetic, boring, slow, boring, it lacked any good emotion, boring and just plain terrible. Did i mention boring?

The Long, boring, annoying search of the strip clubs was unneeded and unwanted. So to repeat what i've said before, With it's Unfunny jokes and Forced, Pathetic 'Emotion' it stood out as the worst episode of the simpsons and a waste of 22 minutes of my life.

now i'm off to watch "You Only Move Twice" so i feel good about the simpsons again!
    Last edited by Capt Hammer; 07-02-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Junior Camper

2/5 not a very good episode at all, this season was one of my least favorites

yeah pretty horrible episode in my least favorite season.

D+

Blog Entries

Marge is COMPLETELY unreasonable here, this is one of the times I really agree one hundred percent with Homer...and the episode keeps cramming down our throat how wrong Marge is! I don't mind an episode espousing a viewpoint I don't necessarily agree with (I'm a Republican and love Sideshow Bob Roberts, for example), but it has to be funny, and this simply wasn't. After Bart got the spy camera I don't think I laughed once. All the things that make Season 1 one of my least favorite seasons manifest themselves in this episode, the worst of the season and one of the worst of the series. 4/15
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

Blog Entries

the absolute worst of season 1 for me, not funny, 2/5

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homer's Night Out

From seeing review for this episode people either think it good or think it’s one of the worst episodes ever. I for one do not think that I just think it’s an average season 1 nothing outstanding nothing bad just average. The plot was some-what good and it was excited that way also. It did not have a huge amount of jokes or a huge amount of emotion. I liked how the photo’s spread over Springfield and that Homer was oblivious throughout. So not a bad episode overrall (No where near the worst episode ever) but then again it’s nowhere near classic.

Score for Homer’s Night Out: B-, 3.5/5, 7/10, Good

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The segment in which you see the photo going from hand to hand is kinda nice. And the smoke hanging in that room where they have the party for Homer's co-worker. They never used that effect again. Probably due to laws concerning the suggestion of smoking in the media.

The fact that the episode is not that popular may be the reason why Princess Kashmere wasn't used that much throughout the series.
    What do we know about her anyway?
    She slept with Apu, that I know. But for the rest?
    She showed up during the prohibition dancing with Wiggum.
    And she was part of Jacques' bowling group.

Actually, the whole episode felt more like a sitcom-episode from the middle of the 20th century.

I think this episode was funny, especially the part how the photo spread around the town.

The only thing I found bizzar was Marge idea for Homer to find the dancing girl and have her tell Bart about herself... it was just.. emm... I just don't get how Bart would asume it's ok to treat womens like object after seeing the photo especially that was nothing in this episode that would show it was the idea that he got.

Over all I enjoy this episode very much and I like the musial number.
    A good one!

Blog Entries

2/5 Worst episode of the season 1.
    But I like the part with Homer and Burns.

3/5 one of the worst episodes from Season 1

Blog Entries

this is one of the most boring episodes of the earlier seasons. in terms of overall boringness, this might be one of the worst episodes of the series, but as a whole, it's alright. it's not very funny and the message at the end is kinda dumb, but i dunno. i just don't hate it a whole lot. it pretty much is an absolute bore and easily the first episode i could classify as 'bad', but still. one of the worst of the earlier seasons, heck, if not THE worst.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it's one of the worst episodes of this first season, but I still like it.

Its main problem is that, morally, the episode is dated even for the late 80s. It's sort of uncomfortable to have The Simpsons preaching against "men who look at girls" and proclaiming a message supporting a supposed "women decency" that falls in its sexist reverse. So Marge's reaction looks exaggerated and all, I can't see why this makes such a big problem in her relationship with Homer, "oh, my husband danced with another woman, I can't live knowing he fooled me and was unfaithful"... wah.

It's entertaining, has its right amount of jokes (specially with Bart's mini camera) and to some point the story is believable, but when it tries to extract a moral lesson of this whole chain of events the episode starts to show its weakness. Still classic but a forgettable one. 7/10

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Now this is an episode that could be defined as un Simpsons not Moaning Lisa or Lisa's Sub. It is un Simpsons like because of it's cheesy moralistic plot that is insanely sitcommy and dated. It's lacking in both humour and emotional departments. Overall the worst or second worst episode of the first season and one of the worst of the classic era

Grade:C+

Blog Entries

4/5

Thread Information