View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire

5 5.15%
  • Bart the Genius

4 4.12%
  • Homer's Odyssey

0 0%
  • There's No Disgrace Like Home

1 1.03%
  • Bart the General

16 16.49%
  • Moaning Lisa

11 11.34%
  • Call of the Simpsons

3 3.09%
  • The Tell-Tale Head

5 5.15%
  • Life on the Fast Lane

22 22.68%
  • Homer's Night Out

0 0%
  • The Crepes of Wrath

2 2.06%
  • Krusty Gets Busted

28 28.87%
  • Some Enchanted Evening

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season One Best Episode (Krusty Gets Busted Wins)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Season One Best Episode (Krusty Gets Busted Wins)

Back in 2002, joshman ran a systematic, elimination styled series of polls to not only determine the NHC's favorite episode per season, but also the overall greatest episode of the show. The problem is that these polls are nearly four years old. There are plenty of people here who weren't around to enjoy this four years ago, and those who were here may have revised their views slightly on what the greatest episode of the show just might be.

So if you're unsatisfied with the decisions made before, or for those who just want to see how the newer seasons will stand, this is your chance to have a say. For the bulk of the summer, I will run a poll for each and every season with the hopes of answering, at least for a while, what is the greatest Simpsons episode of all time.

Polls will be open for three days normally, with maybe the length extending during the last few rounds. The winner of each season will face off in the finals. Second place episodes will face off in a wild card match, with the winners earning a second chance to be named the best episode. All polls will be public, with the members deciding what episode will win each poll. This will also work as an alternative for the compiled top 50 lists used to determine the best episode during the summer, with this I hope being more interesting for more members, especially during the voting process which is often just people posting their lists.

Got all that? Then vote.

Episode descriptions from snpp

Thaht should dew it!

i have always loved bart the general, dont know why but it just sticks out, out of all the episodes in season 1
    "Duffman can't breathe! OHH..NOO..!!!"

Stonecutter

I'm going for Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire - that was a brilliant episode to start the show with and never loses its charm.

This is a great idea, it'll be really interesting to see where the votes go over the summer.

Stonecutter

Well it was a 2 way split for me between The Crepes of Wrath and Krusty Gets Busted. But I've decided to go with TCOW.

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire B+
    Homer's Odyssey C
    There's No Disgrace Like Home B-
    Bart the General A
    Moaning Lisa A+
    Call of the Simpsons A-
    The Tell-Tale Head A+
    Life on the Fast Lane A
    Homer's Night Out B+
    The Crepes of Wrath A+ W
    Krusty Gets Busted A+
    Some Enchanted Evening B
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 05-30-2006 at 01:35 AM.

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

Yargh! It's very, very hard but I'll have to pick Moaning Lisa, it's very good.
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

I don't belive in this kind of polls, I don't think they can lead to any meaningful conclusion, I lack of motivations.

And usually my favourite episodes lose at the first round.
    Anyway, The Telltale Head.
    Avoid to be a know-it-all, especially when talking about sex.

I voted for Life on the Fast Lane. The first Marge and Homer marriage crisis episode, and it was done right this way.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire - 8/10
    Bart the Genius - 8/10
    Homer's Odyssey - 6/10
    There's No Disgrace Like Home - 6/10
    Bart the General - 8.5/10
    Moaning Lisa - 9/10
    Call of the Simpsons - 7/10
    The Tell-Tale Head - 8.5/10
    Life on the Fast Lane - 9/10
    Homer's Night Out - 6.5/10
    The Crepes of Wrath - 7/10
    Krusty Gets Busted - 9.5/10
    Some Enchanted Evening - 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by luben
    Anyway, The Telltale Head.
    Same here.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like Moaning Lisa and Life in the Fast Lane equally, but since there's fewer "Marrige Issue" episodes that are this good, I'll choose "Life".
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

For me it has to be Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire.

There are a number of episodes that deserve consideration, Bart the General, The Crepes of Wrath, and Moaning Lisa. But the episode that stands out the most in my mind is Bart the Genius, I've always felt that it had the right combination of heart and jokes, and I was surprised when watching it recently how similar it was to a lot of season two episodes.

EDIT: It looks like someone is stuffing the poll, so that bad episodes will win, Homer's Night Out is in the lead, although no registered members has rightfully voted for it

Stonecutter

It's a member only voting poll. Whilst non-members can still vote, only members votes will actually count.

Life On The Fast Lane. Along with Colonel Homer (and I Married Marge but that's a little different), it's the best Homer/Marge episode ever made. Jacques is a brilliant one-timer, the story is consistently touching (the sandwich scene) and believable; you really get the sense of something innocent (from Marge's point of view anyway) gradually escalating into something more. There are some great sequences (Marge's dream for example) and the ending is fantastic. Top 20 material for me.

I would have to say Krusty Gets Busted. There's a lot of others (Life On The Fast Lane for one) that aren't far behind.

Bart, BartBartBartBartBart

Krusty Gets Busted would be one. Bart the General is clooose second
    Quote of the week:

"I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink, and when I have to pee, I use the kitchen sink! I sing the song that reminds me I'm a urinating guy." -Homer Simpson (singing "Tubthumping")

See y'all in Yankee Stadium in real life.... maybe in 2016

I have to go with Krusty Gets Busted, but it was very close between it and The Crepes of Wrath.
    deuces on the ride

Bart the Genius for sure. The first episode to explore Bart and it was done both intelligently and hilariously.

I got to go with the first episode I ever considered a classic, Moaning Lisa. The main plot with Lisa is touching, mature, and meaningful while the video boxing subplot is simple and hilarious, there's a perfect balance going on with this episode. We also get some great music on the saxophones and get to meet BGM (who I know some people don't like, but I've always liked him). It's just an all around lovely episode.

I have to go with moaning Lisa, for the same reasons as above. The Telltale Head is a close second.

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

Moaning Lisa. It's the only season one episode I will sit down and watch when I see it on TV.

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

The telltale head 10/10
    The call of the Simpsons 10/10
    Simpsons roasting on an open fire 10/10
    Krusty gets busted 10/10
    The crepes of wrath 9/10
    There's no disgrace like home 9/10
    Homer's odyssey 8/10
    Bart the general 8/10
    Moanin' Lisa 7/10
    Homer's night out 7/10
    Life on the fast lane 7/10
    Bart the genius 7/10
    Some enchanted evening 5/10

I voted for "The telltale head"

Junior Camper

Bart the General is my favorite, especially because of the Patton allusions. But the Telltale Head and Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire are things of beauty. Masterpieces!

With Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire getting the edge. I think season one is a very very underrated season and is actually among the very best in my mind.

Bring Back Oakley and Weinstein!

Krusty Gets Busted, a well constructed mystery, followed closely be Bart the General.

can't talk; coming down Lizard Queen's Avatar

I like Bart the Genius, with Life on the Fast Lane coming in at a close second.

Hm, 17 votes for "Homer's Night Out" and none of them were actual members?!

Voted for "Moaning Lisa" btw. Same reasons as bovine_university. Although not the first classic for me, the family was better characterised and closer to the way they are now than the episodes before.
    I actually found the main plot to be funnier. "Ride the Homer horsey!"

It can't be possible the Homer's Night Out is winning, that's one of the worst of the season.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Krusty Gets Busted

And that is strange...Homer's Night Out? I can't even put myself in their mindset, what could be the appeal of that episode?
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Don't worry about guests voting. I can edit the poll to match the member votes if need be.

i like Homer's Night Out. in fact, there aren't really any episodes i dislike from season 1, despite the fact that many here think it doesn't belong with the classic era. that being said, i voted for Bart the General. i had been a Simpsons fan since the Tracey Ullman era, but i think it was this episode that truly engaged me for life.

Thread Information