Page 1 of 80 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 18 Information

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Season 18 Information

Season 18 Information Thread

The following information regards The Simpsons Season 18 (2006-2007)

Regards to the following for keeping this thread chock-full of the latest info: Binky, Roger Myers III, piccolo, Heub, Vox Nerduli, Tomacco and everyone else who contributes over the next year!

The information below is as accurate as when last updated, but could change at any time, so make sure you check this post regularly and I’ll keep it updated with all the latest news concerning the 18th Season.

Aired Episodes

>September 10, 2006: HABF15 The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and her Homer - 379th Episode [N: 6.9/11] PROMO 1 PROMO 2 PROMO 3
    >September 17, 2006: HABF18 Jazzy and the Pussycats - 380th Episode [N: 5.2/8] PROMO
    >September 24, 2006: HABF20 Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em - 381st Episode [N: 5.9/9]

>November 5, 2006: HABF17 Treehouse of Horror XVII - 382nd Episode [N: 6.0/9] THOHXVII-Opening PROMO 2 PROMO 3 PROMO 4
    >November 12, 2006: HABF21 G. I. (Annoyed Grunt) - 383rd Episode [N: 6.7/10] PROMO PROMO 2
    >November 19, 2006: HABF19 Moe 'N' A Lisa - 384th Episode [N: 5.2/8] PROMO
    >November 26, 2006: HABF22 Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair) - 385th Episode [N: 6.7/10]

>December 10, 2006: JABF02 The Haw-Hawed Couple - 386th Episode [N: 4.9/8]
    >December 17, 2006: JABF01 Kill Gil (Volumes I & II) - 387th Episode [N: 5.2/8] PROMO 1 PROMO 2

>January 7, 2007: JABF03 The Wife Aquatic - 388th Episode [N: 6.2/14]

>January 28, 2007: JABF05 Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Three Times [N: 4.7/7] - 389th Episode PROMO 1 PROMO 2

>February 11, 2007: JABF04 Little Big Girl - 390th Episode [N: 4.9/8]
    >February 18, 2007: JABF07 Springfield Up - 391st Episode [N: 5.1/8]

>March 4, 2007: JABF09 Yokel Chords - 392nd Episode [N: 5.3/8]
    >March 11, 2007: JABF08 Rome-old and Juli-eh - 393rd Episode

>March 25, 2007: JABF06 Homerazzi - 394th Episode

>April 22, 2007: JABF10 Marge Gamer - 395th Episode
    >April 29, 2007: JABF11 The Boys of Bummer - 396th Episode

>May 6, 2007: JABF13 Crook and Ladder - 397th Episode
    >May 13, 2007: JABF12 Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot - 398th Episode

Upcoming Episodes: Confirmed Airdates

(May 20th 8:00 PM) JABF15 - You Kent Always Say What You Want (Formerly "The Kent State Massacre") - Written by Tim Long
    Homer saves the day from Ned and his anti-indecency campaign after anchorman Kent Brockman utters a swear word on live television. Ludacris guest stars.

(May 20th 8:30 PM) JABF14 - 24 Minutes *400TH EPISODE* - Written by Ian Maxtone-Graham
    With the help of Jack Bauer and Chloe O’Brian, Bart and Lisa, agents of the Counter Truancy Unit (CTU), must stop bullies Dolph, Kearney and Jimbo from releasing the ultimate stink bomb at the school’s annual bake sale. Kiefer Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub guest star.

Extra Info (unconfirmed episode plots/rumours/miscellaneous info)
    Please Note: These are possible plotlines for upcoming episodes and have not been confirmed. These plotlines may serve as either main or sub-plots, but nothing is official on them until they are identified with a title.

>Season 18 is Al Jean's sixth consecutive season as Executive Producer, longer than any previous EP has spent running the show.

>At some point during Season 18, the Simpsons character models will subtely change to smooth out the animation.

>The IABF production run of episodes has been skipped due to I's similarity to 1 and l.

Warning: Bad Media Sources!
    Because of consistently false information that these sources have provided in the past, please do not take information from TV.com, The Sun/The Star (UK), or Wikipedia seriously. Likewise, fake episode titles/plots and other false information posted will be ignored by the thread starter and the moderators in charge of maintaining this post. Thanks in advance.

Around The World
    For information on upcoming episodes airing across the globe, please see the following threads:
    UK Channel 4 and Sky One Discussion Thread
    Aussie/Zealander Lounge (contains off topic discussion)

For a more detailed list of upcoming episodes see the snpp.com guides, usually updated weekly:
    Europe
    Australia

Or, if you're still catching up on Season 17, please check the Season 17 Information Thread.

The Simpsons Movie
    The Simpsons Movie will be released worldwide on July 27, 2007, after Season 18 has ended. Unless directly relevant, this thread will primarily contain information on Season 18, not the film, so please do not clog the thread with Movie news. For the latest on The Simpsons Movie see:
    The Simpsons Movie Forum
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Binky; 05-19-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

HABF21 isn't mentioned in the copyright database?

Anyway, it looks good, but, no offense, but why can't Binky do the Season 18 thread? He did such a great job with Season 17 and unless he doesn't want to do it again, Binky should be able to do 18.

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by I can see your Doodle
    HABF21 isn't mentioned in the copyright database?

Anyway, it looks good, but, no offense, but why can't Binky do the Season 18 thread? He did such a great job with Season 17 and unless he doesn't want to do it again, Binky should be able to do 18.
    No information about HABF21 has been released yet.

A different person has run each Season thread and they've each done good jobs, Binky especially. The board needs a well-run Movie Thread at the moment, too, so Binky could make that if he wants. He can still contribute to this thread immensely - he's not being blocked out - and everyone should have the chance to post new threads.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*Awaits to see what news Vox has for us with anticipation*

Any updates on Marge the Prostitute, because if we all remember it was originally written as Homer's Prostitute where he sleeps with a prostitute that turns out to be a transexual Mr Bergstrom, but then that was thought to be too out of character for Homer so the staff decided to make it be that Marge becomes a prostitute (after a fight with Homer) and meets Mr Bergstrom on one of her calls.

I've heard a rumour that for the first time James.L.Brooks will get a writing credit along with guest co-writer Seth MacFarlane.

HABF21 - Waiting for Simpson - Written by Daniel Chun
    HABF23 - Simpsons Horror Stories - Written by John Frink
    IABF01 - Simpson Doku - Written by Tim Long
    IABF02 - Simpsons War Stories - Written by Dana Gould
    IABF03 - Cakes on a Plane - Written by Michael Price
    IABF04 - Lisa's Cat Gets an "A" - Written by J. Stewart Burns
    IABF05 - A Tale Of Two Simpsons - Written by Ian Maxtone-Graham
    IABF06 - Simpson Clips - Written by Matt Selman
    IABF07 - King of Evergreen Terrace - Written by Joel H. Cohen
    IABF08 - Boy Against the Bob - Written by Carolyn Omine

and so, the flood of joke information for the new season info thread has begun.
    Last edited by Nameless; 05-16-2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Season 29 Ratings
    The Serfsons D- Springfield Splendor B- Whistler's Father C- Treehouse of Horror XXVIII C Grampy Can Ya Hear Me ​D- The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be ​C Singin' in the Lane ​C- Mr Lisa's Opus ​B+ Gone Boy ​B Haw-Haw Land ​D Frink Gets Testy ​C Homer is Where the Art Isn't ​C- 3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage ​B- Fears of a Clown ​B No Good Read Goes Unpunished ​C+ King Leer ​B+ Lisa Gets the Blues ​D- Forgive and Regret ​C Left Behind ​B- Throw Grampa From the Dane ​C+ Flanders' Ladder ​B-

Blog Entries

Ok lets not go too overboard with this because the thread will just get closed.
    Let's just wait for Vox who's very funny with these things and then leave it at that.

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by I can see your Doodle
    Anyway, it looks good, but, no offense, but why can't Binky do the Season 18 thread?
    Because I don't want to

Bart, BartBartBartBartBart

Good info.
    Quote of the week:

"I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink, and when I have to pee, I use the kitchen sink! I sing the song that reminds me I'm a urinating guy." -Homer Simpson (singing "Tubthumping")

See y'all in Yankee Stadium in real life.... maybe in 2016

Not much info so far, but at least the thread is set up. I'm sure SF! will do a good job running the thread this year

Stonecutter

A major thanks to Binky for Season 17, and I'm sure I'll be saying the same to Simpsons Forever! at the end of this Season. Anyway not a lot of info but from what we've got:

HABF15 – The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and her Homer - Written by Bill Odenkirk - Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of Odenkirk. But I don't dislike him either. But with no info I can hardly go into any detail.

HABF17 - Treehouse of Horror XVII - Written by Peter Gaffney - A new writer is always intresting.

HABF18 - Jazzy and the Pussycats - Written by Daniel Chun
    Bart’s increasing hyperactivity forces Homer and Marge buy him a drum kit. He becomes such a good drummer that Lisa gets jealous. The White Stripes guest star. - It sounds good, but I'm a bit worried in how they'll handle the jealousy.

HABF19 – Moe 'N' A Lisa - Written by Matt Warburton, Directed by Mark Kirkland
    Moe discovers a gift for poetry, with a little help from Lisa. Tom Wolfe, Gore Vidal, Michael Chabon, and Jonathan Franzen guest star. - Sounds great. But need more info.

HABF20 - Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em - Written by Matt Warburton - The title has grown on me! need info!

HABF22 – Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair) – Written by Carolyn Omine - Not a fan of Carolyn either, but like Odenkirk I don't dislike there work. And yet again, need information!
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 05-13-2006 at 12:24 PM.

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    IABF03 - Cakes on a Plane
    ahahah, that would surely be the best episode ever
    Simpson Crazy
    Now with iGoogle gadgets! Try Quote of the Day and Word of the Day

my other sites: Toon images · Song Lyrics · Website tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    IABF03 - Cakes on a Plane - Written by Michael Price
    We got muthafucking cakes on this muthafucking plane.

HABF15 - sounds like a marital problems episode, but it's certainly got an interesting title.
    HABF17 - eh, i'm really losing hope in the THOH's fast. i'll give this new guy a chance, though
    HABF18 - sounds good.
    HABF19 - bad title, good plot.
    HABF20 - nice title, do need more info though.
    HABF22 - given that in about 8 years of working on the show Omine has yet to write a decent episode, eh. we'll see when we have plot though. well, to be fair, she did write one well-recieved episode
    IABF03 - the plot of marge leaving homer for some criminals that hijack the simpsons' plane to italy after getting them to release her family with the help of some cakes she's taking to a worldwide bakeoff has potential. we'll see
    Last edited by Nameless; 05-24-2006 at 07:50 AM.

Some interesting episode titles listed for next season, the one with The White Stripes sounds great and so does Moe 'N' A Lisa. The only episode I don’t like the look of is Ice Cream of Margie, which does sound bloody awful.

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!
    HABF18 - Jazzy and the Pussycats - Written by Daniel Chun
    Bart’s increasing hyperactivity forces Homer and Marge buy him a drum kit. He becomes such a good drummer that Lisa gets jealous. The White Stripes guest star.
    This one sounds nice.
    I like every single music-based episode.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Why don't three writers write the THOH segments? Instead of one writer doing all three.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

In all the articles that I've seen about Jazzy and the Pussycats, only Jack White is mentioned as appearing (They either say Jack White or the White Stripes), so that could just be a mistake. But, we'll see...

I have high hopes for Season 18 (so far) and Please Homer, Don't Hammer Em is an interesting title, is it possible that it could be the Homer/Heartattack episode mentioned in the first post?

I hope the season begins in September again rather than November!

Not really enough info to comment yet. I just really want to find out about what part Metallica will play in the episode that they're in.

Bart: 'Look everybody, it's popular American metal band Metallica, responsible for such hits as 'Enter Sandman'!'

Who is Golem, and who is Peter Gaffney?

Golem is a character from Lord of the Rings. I don't know who Peter Gaffney is, all I know is he's a new writer.

^Yeah but won't we don't know if it is the LOTR character, there was a bit of a debate before.

I'm hoping not, because that would most likely mean a LOTR parody, and that would undoubtedly suck. It doesn't even have anything to do with Halloween. If it is the LOTR character, I hope it's only for a quick joke.

They've already had a gollum-esque character named Cleanie in the episode "Dude, Where's my Ranch?". He was even voiced by Andy Serkis. So, I doubt the Golem they're talking about is the Gollum from LOTR. I wouldn't mind a Lord of the Rings parody, although South Park does them a lot (Return of the Lord of the Rings to the Two Towers and Best Friends Forever are the best. They're two of the best South Park episodes!)

And it's been a while since we've seen an entire band guest star at the same time (Mick Jagger and Keith Richards don't count. I think the last is Blink 182) so I'm a little apprehensive. The Metallica appearance will probably be similar to the many other groups that have appeared, but could still be funny. Hopefully they will be performing in concert a little bit (like Aerosmith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Ramones, U2, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Cypress Hill, BTO, The Who, Phish, REM and Spinal Tap) rather than just a random "Look it's Metallica" moment although the Moody Blues didn't perform and they were funny ("Can the poems! It's ass whupin' time!"). Although some concert appearances have been pointless like Blink 182.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are the best of the groups to appear. I loved their appearance ("That's MUCH better! Everyone can enjoy it now!"). I also liked the appearance of BTO. The best part of a bad episode. The Ramones singing "Happy Birthday Mr. Burns" and their comments are classic as well.
    Last edited by McClure; 05-13-2006 at 11:54 AM.

NHC's dandy man

No, a Golem is a monster from Jewish mythology, entirely different to Gollum. Drescher has a strong Jewish/New York accent and that might have something to do with why she was cast.

Exactly. This segment concerns "The Golem", which is an early 16th C Hassidic (Jewish subset, origins in Poland & Russia) tale, and which was the prototype for "Frankenstein" (as acknowledged by Mary Shelly). The Golem is a creature formed from clay and given life by incantations and writing "Emet" (Hebrew for 'life') on his forehead, and 'killed' by erasing the first letter, leaving "Met" (Hebrew for "die").

Quote Originally Posted by coltonwiggum
    Why don't three writers write the THOH segments? Instead of one writer doing all three.
    Al decided to have one writer - still usually a newbie or non-staffer - write the first (credited) draft to provide the framework, because having 3 do the 3 segs basic frameworks would always result in a HUGE collective first draft that would have to be cut down severely (each writer put as much into it without really considering the total time constraints), leaving no space for all of the numerous additions that the rest of the staff would add.

Blog Entries

You as well???!!! Have I stepped into some sort of time machine or something.

Galalimit

Quote Originally Posted by Homer_Thompson
    You as well???!!! Have I stepped into some sort of time machine or something.
    Looks like it.

Now if only bugay would come back

Time machine or not, it's great to have you back again Roger. Welcome back, and stick around!

As for the episodes, I find speculation to be kind of pointless with most of them since we only know two rough plots. Titles don't tell us anything. So I'll just stake out a spot here. Yes, I likes this spot. It has a good view.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

I think Jazzy and the Pussycats sounds particularly promising myself. Bart vs Lisa episodes never fail to dissapoint, especially if its Lisa uncharacteristically the reason for the rivalry. XD

Its a simple premise that could make for some very funny stuff and graet characterization.

Generally, I have high hopes for this season. I feel like with 16 and 17 new writers have been experimenting with things in order to slowly improve flow and timing in each episode. Sometimes it works as an episode, sometimes it doesn't but I have a feeling this show's last seasons could warrent some great stuff.

This season is going to be shown before the movie as well, it has its work cut out for it.

Thread Information