• D or D-

8 5.67%
  • F

5 3.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review D'oh in the Wind

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Not so bad, but nothing special.

My favorite part was Barney's hallucination where a monster is squashed by a pink elephant. One of the freakiest moments ever.

B-

Nothing to say

C+
    This was definitely not a great episode, the plot if it can count as a plot was bad. The end was aslo really bad. But some things was good, the middle name of Homer thing was quite good. And the hallucinations were good. But apart from that nothing special.

Upon rewatching, I felt as if this were a spinoff of The Simpsons with Homer as the lead character...we saw so little of the family, and the entire episode was basically three people at a farm.

D-
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Pin Pal

A vary boring and stupid episode.

1/5

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find this episode boring and not all that funny. C-

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Now, here's a really unique episode in many ways. That doesn't mean it's good, it's actually one of the average ones of season 10. The idea is fantastic, but the episode wasn't very well developed.

I liked the jar opening part at the start, and also the comercial. Then we start with the plot, with Homer not knowing his middle name. There were some cool scenes in the farm, especialy the flashback, with little Homer learning how to groove. The mural was beatiful, and so was the way we got in the main story.

Seth and Munchie are one of those one-time characters you neither love or hate. I found them rather cool. There were some discusting jokes in the second act, such as homer asking Marge to grow hair on her legs, not washing his feet for a long time, and lying naked on the couch in front of the house (although this one was quite funny).

The third act is a bit more complicated and I enjoyed it more than the rest of the episode. Hallucinations are what made this act so classic, grampa and Jasper acting like Beavis and Butthead is my favorite moment of the entire episode. The effect the juice had on Lou and Barney was also funny. The ending was a bit rushed and disjointed, just like many other endings in season 10, but what are you gonna do...

C
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Can't bring myself to give it an 'F', but here, have a D--

Electrified Fooling Machine Mindy Simmons's Avatar

One of the few episodes from that era of the show's run that has aged well. I actually like it much more than I used to. The very idea of Homer trying to follow the hippie lifestyle is comedy in itself. You have to love that radical protest song "Uptown Girl."
    Besides the discovery of Homer's middle name, the drug sequence, especially Grandpa and Jasper's Beavis & Butthead moment, is a series highlight, IMO.
    4/5 or B.
    Last edited by Mindy Simmons; 06-28-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    Dramatization: May not have happened.

Wow, I just watched this episode for the first time and I'm very surprised with the negative or indifferent reaction to it on this board.

I thought this episode was very funny and had lots of classic moments. For a start, the opening with the pickle jar and the tv advert was very funny and led nicely to Homer going to find out his middle name. This was also handled well, and as someone else said, the mural was beautifully animated. It's that sort of care and attention to detail that you only get with The Simpsons, can't imagine it on Family Guy.

Then the flashback. This was great and gave us an insight into the background of Homer and Mona and Abe. I, at least, start to feel sorry for Homer when Abe drags him away from dancing with the hippies. Then when Abe tries to do it again in the present day, that gives Homer the perfect rationale for becoming a hippy.

Homer acting like a hippy around OFF is very funny to me, as are the rest of his protest antics (freakouts and playing Uptown Girl). Plus, "but but but but the poncho!" is brilliant.

The whole episode has got a whole sense of Homer actually caring about his identity, and as such, I think it has a lot of heart. The ending is ok with the hallucinations, but the cop chase and the hospital scene bring it down a bit for me, if they could have sorted this out it would be nigh-on perfect for me.

To summarise, great plot, great humour and impeccable characterisation and heart put this in my top 20, amazing considering I hadn't seen it before tonight. (just started watching season 10 onwards, seen all the classic eps before)

a good and funny episode for me, the part when Homer made accidentally Springfield high was hilarious.

B

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

F
    F
    &
    F
    One of the worst episodes ever produced. Not Funny. Awful Story.
    Scully you've done it again!

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode. It has some points, a funny plot and Homer's characterization doesn't bother me. 8/10 or B+/B at the poll.

Blog Entries

personal favorite

B- or 7/10.
    It was nice , but I put it a B- because I didn't like the plot.
    Last edited by TheEye5; 06-26-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Junior Camper

I'll give this a B+. It had a much more solid plot than many of the episodes around this time and it was engaging to watch for the most part. There were also some downright hilarious moments -the hallucinations were downright hilarious for instance. But Homer was also an obnoxious dumb jerkass much of the time and that kind of somewhat unpleasant to watch. And they should have ended the episode with the hallucinations IMO -the last part was unecessary and pointless. Nevertheless generally a likable episode

It was entertaining. Homer once again goes on a tangent based on one little thing, but as with most of the maligned episodes around this time I laugh too much to think too poorly of it. I'll say a B-.

Wishing the 2000s would end CyberpunkSpy's Avatar

Pretty funny episode but unfortunately Homer's intelligence is really lacking in here.

3/5

Bleh, I though this episode was bad. The plot was very weak and Homer was irritating. Some jokes worked, but that's about it.

D

B

Solid episodio.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 10 continues when Homer becomes a hippie! But first Mr. Burns can't open a pickle jar and when everyone else fails to open it he decides the plant needs new blood. Naturally, to attract said new blood, he films a sort of infomercial with Homer, Lenny, and Carl. After this fails Homer tries to join the Screen Actor's Guild, but doesn't know his middle name. Grampa reveals that he may know of a place to find it. We meet Seth and Munchie, two former hippies who knew Homer's mom voiced by the late great George Carlin and alive but great Martin Mull. Homer discovers his middle name is actually Jay and decides he wants to become a hippie as we end act 1.

Homer starts acting like a hippie in act 2, as well as a jerkass. Eventually he goes back to see Seth and Munchie who Homer is shocked to discover have jobs. He gets them to revive their hippie roots for a few hours as the three of them drive around town. They eventually stop at Springfield Elementary to free the children. When they get back to Seth and Munchie's they find their bottled juice shipment ruined thanks to Homer's carelessness. They berate Homer and make him leave as we end act 2.

Homer tries to make it up to them in act 3 by picking their remaining crop, juicing it, and shipping it around Springfield. This doesn't go as well as Homer hoped however as these were "special" vegetables leaving everyone in town who drank the juice feeling really good....The police find out and eventually apprehend Homer and the hippies as we end the episode with Homer in the hospital, having been shot with a flower.

This episode has similar problems to the last, but is not nearly as bad thanks to great guest performances and some solid humor. The opening at the plant is fine and I particularly liked Homer mimicking Mr. Burns with his hand clawed and everything. The reveal of Homer's middle name and the past scene was also very good. Homer becomes a bit of an annoying jerkass in act 2 though. Although his obsession with Uptown Girl throughout the episode was a nice touch. The best scenes of the show though were near the end with the hallucination montage. Grampa and Jasper as Beavis and Butthead was great. Munchie's line near the end regarding how Homer does not represent them also got a laugh out of me. Overall this feels like a typical Scully episode but the jokes help save it from being atrocious. 3/5.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saved by some decent jokes (I loved the ad at the beginning with Homer, Lenny and Carl) and the trippy sequences. Otherwise it was a dull affair. C/C-
    Last edited by c l o n e; 11-11-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Nothing special in this episode.
    I like the drawing on the wall, the pink elephant...
    I don't like the end in the hospital... B-

Banned

If ever there was a perfect episode to rate a C, then this is certainly it.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, this episode was kind of boring. There were some good jokes here and there, but not enough. Also, Seth and Munchie were pretty dull characters (I don't even remember which is which). It does have some good jokes though, so I'll give it a B-.

Blog Entries

Pretty boring and it gets kind of old, but there's still a little to like. 3/5.

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

Funny, but Homer is extremely aggravating.

"Never feeeear! The cosmic fooooool is heeeere! To blow the lid off your conformist, button-nosed woooorld! Weeee!"

Ugh, shut up.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This is a weird one for me because I usually seem to be harder on Scully than most people, but I think this one is underrated. I'm usually annoyed by Homer when he is like this, but I barely annoyed me in this one (for whatever reason), and I don't think it is boring in the least. I guess it is just something I can enjoy without thinking about very much and without being distracted by things I dislike (which there aren't very many of in this episode). It's not a great episode by any means, but I guess you could say it is a guilty pleasure. And the hallucination scene is great (and I like the song "White Rabbit," so that helps). 6/10
    Last edited by Insanity Pepper; 07-12-2013 at 09:20 PM.

It's my favorite from Season Ten, probably because it does have George Carlin. I would put this episode above many from Season One, and some of Season Two. One of the episodes that seemed to be more in line with Season nine, standing out as a lot better than others in Season Ten.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Decent episode. The episode is very typical for the time, but i still enjoy it and the "drugged out" parts were pretty hilarious. Not brilliant but enjoyable enough. 7/10

Solid 3/5. Few good lines here and there, but the main plot wasn't too engaging and like said, it felt kinda slow. Strong start, weaker ending.

Thread Information