View Poll Results: Nananananananana Batman! I mean Leader!

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

82 56.94%
  • 4/5

26 18.06%
  • 3/5

26 18.06%
  • 2/5

7 4.86%
  • 1/5

3 2.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rate & Review: The Joy Of Sect

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

what is jerkass homer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart's New Voice Actor View Post
    what is jerkass homer?
    @Jerkass Homer
    :gatorpee:

Great Mirkin episode. Anyone that shits on it should kill themselves.

Blog Entries

no

Junior Camper

5/5 A fine episode.

Funnily enough, according to the production code, this episode was actually made AFTER The Trouble with Trillions, When You Dish Upon a Star, Trash of the Titans, etc. and other "downfall" episodes. It's almost as if, for this one episode, Mirkin was able to restore the series' classic humor and characterizations.

I've wondered what it would be like if Mirkin produced season 10. I mean that season already had some great episodes, but perhaps it would've been more consistent and not had as many crappy episodes.

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was just a brilliantly funny episode.

It was simply line after line of great, quotable dialogue from LOADS of characters. We had Homer, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy and even Groundskeeper Willie - you can't go wrong with Groundskeeper Willie lines!

Fun fact: Nancy Cartwright is a Scientologist. I wonder how she felt about doing the episode?
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

This has actually always been one of my favourite episodes. I'd sure as hell rather watch this than anything else produced in S9 except maybe Natural Born Kissers and The Cartridge Family. This is unfiltered Mirkin that's extremely reminiscent of Homer Goes to College: a thin plot in which characterisations are acceptable but unimportant, yet that doesn't matter at all because every gag is hysterical. This makes me laugh so hard and is so superior to the rest of its era that I'd be more than happy to give it an A+.

One of the first truly bad shows IMO. This may be the wackiest episode at this point, and this is not a compliment. Call me negative but the whole "Homer enrolls the whole family into a cult" thing doesn't sit well with me. With the exception of the levitating bike/comb and its callback none of the jokes made me laugh. I liked the fact that Marge saved them in the end, and characterization as a whole was on point (at the exception of Homer of course). 2/5 and I still feel like it's too much.

Good episode.
    Funny, absurd a bit (classic Scully), with good satire. I liked it.

plot 21/25
    absurdity level (the possibility of what is happening) 21/25
    comedy 22/25
    originary (level of references and of unoriginality) 23/25

TOTAL 87/100 (4/5 with rounding or B+). GOOD!
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    Good episode.
    Funny, absurd a bit (classic Scully), with good satire. I liked it.

plot 21/25
    absurdity level (the possibility of what is happening) 21/25
    comedy 22/25
    originary (level of references and of unoriginality) 23/25

TOTAL 87/100 (4/5 with rounding or B+). GOOD!
    This isn't a Scully episode
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Oops, I didn't notice that. Sorry.
    But, the fun and absurd is like in Scully-runned episodes.

Thread Information