Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Discussion Lounge

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by IAMHOMER
    Phew! That was a close one, no 'Bart's Dog Gets an F', thank god.

Good to see A Tale of Two Springfields at #18 , but why are Call of the Simpsons, Some Enchanted Evening, Days of Wine and D'ohses in there when Another Simpsons Clip Show is nowhere to be seen. Do clips shows not count?
    Is there any point of including clip shows? The Simpsons staff come up with those only due to time constraints.
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Imperciph
    Is there any point of including clip shows? The Simpsons staff come up with those only due to time constraints.
    Well, given that purely based on their own merits I'd actually put the first clip show ahead of at least three other Season 4 episodes and the second on the bottom rung of Season 6 by a mile, I think that clip shows deserve as much consideration as normal Simpsons episodes, whether they be good or bad.

Sad

It seems my long-ass review of Saturdays of thunder got wasted. I'll lay off making these threads for a while I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperciph
    That's only like 3 people who are still here that voted on that list.
    Someone should make a new.

Pin Pal

Sorry Imperciph, I'd love to comment, but unfortunately Saturdays of Thunder happened to be one of the many episodes cancelled during the cricketing season. I hope Channel 4 plan to show it again.

I know how you feel - I was hoping to have got more mileage out of my Bart of Darkness thread....
    Last edited by IAMHOMER; 11-12-2005 at 10:03 AM.

Stonecutter

Well, one good thing from having little replies, is that it probably means that the people who usaully comment on it agree with you and feel they have nothing to add. it's best to start threads that you feel people may challenged. As I say, it's great to see new members, post detailed reviewed threads. And hopefully you can feel in people who have left or hardly post any more, (e.g I think, Veryjammy looks like filling in Jimbo's place) I don't a think anyone will replace his humour though. I also notice people like Tibor, DtB and Crotis Jivefunk don't post much. So as I keep saying great to get some good new members in. And if these members return to how much they used to post then that's twice as much fun!!

Sorry, if I keep banging on about this, this wasn't actually meant to be a rant!

Veryjammy- I'm still waiting for you to clear some space in your pm folder..!

Stonecutter

Another thing is I'm looking for sober drunk Barney images, for part of pic/sig, that can be used so that paint can be used on it. I've only got 2 so far, and both don't work. Any help, or any ideas?

You can get frame grabs from www.homerize.com, they also have some images. www.lardlad.com, www.duffzone.co.uk and www.capefeare.com also might have some

I give the members browsing this lounge the cumbersome and difficult task of naming several emotional Scully Era episodes. After you have named them, I'll have a poll on the Voting Booth to determine what fans consider to be the most emotional Scully episode. (Or anyone else can do it too )

Stonecutter

HOMR, Bart, the Mother, Lost our Lisa and Faith Off. Wow that was really pushing it towards the end, have I missed any?

Thanks G but I still can't find anything.

Another one I'm trying to get is Barney holding up Maggie in "Springfield". Again I can't find anything!

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Days of wine and D'ohses and I forget what it's called Marge and the criminal artist one could be considerd.

Stonecutter

Pokey Mom (the criminal artist/Marge episode) never struck me as being emotional.
    There's always the emotion in Alone Again, Natura-Diddly.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!
    There's always the emotion in Alone Again, Natura-Diddly.

Hahahahaha, stop it, you're killing me!
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsfan20 View Post
    My view: You can show pictures of people in the nude, you can show pictures of people having sex, you can even show kids naked, but SHOW HOMER 'DOING IT' WITH LISA AND I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN.

Stonecutter

I'd still consider it to be emotoinal, or atleast an attempted emotional episode.

Stonecutter

Yeah, I was in tears when Flanders said "I can't belive my last words to Maude were "No foot-longs.""
    .......I am being sarcastic.....

It was an emotion based episode - just a failed one.

Same with Homer Simpson In Kidney Trouble

Stonecutter

Yes I was getting scared there SF!...!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    I think, Veryjammy looks like filling in Jimbo's place
    no one can ever replace jimbo, you heartless monster!

also, i dig how nobody likes me anymore because i don't visit much and post nerdy reviews. show's how materialistic the lot of you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever
    "No foot-longs."
    i'm flattered that they'd make reference to me, even if it is in a back-alley bus-stop quality episode.

Stonecutter

if you read the bit below, I said no-one will replace his humour, though I think Vj can be just as good as far as expressing his opinions is concerned. Another person, who hasn't been on in a while is Hydro. He hasn't be on NHC for months, infact

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Butters

also, i dig how nobody likes me anymore because i don't visit much and post nerdy reviews. show's how materialistic the lot of you are.
    Oh that's not why

goddamnit, i told dorkus malorkus that those photos were for his eyes only...

Pin Pal

BTW, I am thinking of starting a poll on the Voting Booth on what is the best political satire on the Simpsons. I can only draw from seasons 1-6 because that's where the bulk of my Simpsons viewing comes from.

But anyway the episodes I can think of from that period which deal heavily with political issues are:

Two Cars in Every Garage, Three Eyes on Every Fish
    Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington
    Sideshow Bob Roberts

Can anyone recall any other episodes in a similar vein which I've forgotten?

Blog Entries

Much Apu About Nothing

Ok, here's my final list of Scully episodes with emotional conflicts:

This Little Wiggy
    Lost Our Lisa
    Natural Born Kissers (its a Homer and Marge episode so I took it)
    Bart, the Mother
    Lisa Gets an "A" (it does feature an emotional conflict for Lisa)
    Make Room For Lisa (it does attempt to explain why things don't work out for Homer and Lisa, even in the most unacceptable manner of telling us to sympathise with jerkass Homer)
    Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder (Homer tries to bond with Maggie)
    Days of Wine and D'oh'ses (tries to flesh out Barney's character)
    Insane Clown Poppy (Krusty bonds with his girl)
    HOMR
    I'm Goin' to Praiseland (shows Ned dealing with Maude's death)

If you disagree with my choices or if you want any more to be added please say so.

I'll make the poll tomorrow. And also grade every episode that'll in the poll rather than just mentioning the one you voted.

j/k ...I'll be grateful if you even show up to vote.

Blog Entries

Lisa the treehugger possibly.

But I think your taking this a bit too seriously it's just a little poll.

Blog Entries

I'd like to draw the topic to "She of Little Faith", one of the many underated greats from Jean. Great Lisa epiosde, shows her in great characterization, and is Marge with trying to force her to go back to Christianity. Loved the begining with the rocket launch, a good start. Any views?
    :gatorpee:

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

^Yeah, it's a pretty good episode. If you watch the season 13 holdovers in a row and then this episode, it's like a breath of fresh air. Homer is immediately more tolerable and the episode is not heavy handed iirc. I'm a little meh on the Richard Gere appearance and I think there were some dull parts; I'll have to rewatch. For now: B
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

I really liked this episode when it first came on, the characters are funny, Homer's not so much a jerk (excluding the weird bacon thing), and the random Christmas worked in with the story well. Funniest bit was when all the family got side tracked when looking for Lisa. One of the better of that season 4/5

I really like She Of Little Faith too. One of my favorites of the season, really underrated.

She of Little Faith is a underrated episode and I don't see why poeple don't like it as much as some other Jean episodes.

Thread Information