Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Discussion Lounge

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Wow, may I just say it's great to see TGD flying back on track and, thanks to these members, which have helped it!

Thanks to IAMHOMER, Imperciph, Matt_G Fan, Cartoonetwork, FuzzyWuzzyWuzaBear, Drunk Barney, Homer_Thompson, Channel Surfer, Triforce Bun, Veryjammy, Greased Scotsman (UK thread) TerroK and Grissom for helping to create great decent discussion. And as always some great Season 17 info work by Binky, Simpsons_Forever and of Vox N. Sorry if I've missed any out, and if your really upset drop me a line

These are the members that post frequently here (recently) and imo make a great contribution. Keep it up!

EDIT: I also see a lot of these members, are new or newish, which of course is good to see
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 11-08-2005 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    Wow, may I just say it's great to see TGD flying back on track and, thanks to the member, which has helped it!

Thanks to Matt_G Fan, the sole man behind NHC
    Well, I don't think I can take all the credit, but thank you Drunk Barney.

Anyway, I have a question for VeryJammy or anyone who knows. How were you able to tell what Bill Oakley voted on the poll, when it doesn't show their names?
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsfan20 View Post
    My view: You can show pictures of people in the nude, you can show pictures of people having sex, you can even show kids naked, but SHOW HOMER 'DOING IT' WITH LISA AND I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It does if you click view poll results. some polls are made public, some aren't.

Wow, may I just say it's great to see TGD flying back on track and, thanks to these members, which have helped it!

Thanks to IAMHOMER, Imperciph , Matt_G Fan, Cartoonetwork, FuzzyWuzzyWuzaBear, Drunk Barney Homer_Thompson, Channel Surfer, Triforce Bun, Veryjammy, Greased Scotsman (UK thread) TerroK and Grissom for helping to create great decent discussion. And as always some great Season 17 info work by Binky, Simpsons_Forever and of Vox N. Sorry if I've missed any out, and if your really upset drop me a line

These are the members that post frequently here (recently) and imo make a great contribution. Keep it up!
    Thanks for the mention. Appreciated.
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Awww thanks D_B I think GD went through a bit of a barren spell for a couple of months, probably just because there were no new episodes etc, but there have been some interesting discussions recently, and some good new members as well.

Stonecutter

Sorry, mine wasn't meant to be bigger, meant to be smaller (small that normal size). I feel like a right cockey bastard. Oh well! I'll edit.

Stonecutter

Thanks DB, although it's the cooperation of all the members of the board who have made it flourish, not just a few.

Requesting anyone to please check out my Radio bart thread, please.

Haha, I just read DB's edit wrong, and this is what I thought it said:

EDIT: I also see a lot of these members, are jew or jewish, which of course is good to see
    I agree, go diversity!

Anybody else notice this?

In Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie ,an older Bart is showed to become a judge in the future.

In Lisa's Wedding, we see that he is a demolition man but later reveals that actually he planning to go law school.

Its some nice continuity ,don't you think?

Stonecutter

Yeah, but Maude appears in the same episode, which should have ruled out her death in Season 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!
    Yeah, but Maude appears in the same episode, which should have ruled out her death in Season 11.
    Its not the same thing. The writers made the decision to write off Maude because Maggie Roswell decided to leave the show.

And relying to Mr. Scully for continuity eh?

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mirkin obviously put that in, you can tell because he was so insistent to it on the commentary to Jim Brooks.

But lets not get into discussing non continuity because it's not intresting.

Ok. Comparison time:

We are four episodes into Season 17. How does Season 17 compare with Season 16 so far? I am yet to finish "getting" THOH XVI so I'll do it later.

edit: In that case, just compare the first 4 FABF holdovers with the 4 GABF holdvers that have aired so far.
    Last edited by Imperciph; 11-09-2005 at 07:17 AM.

Stonecutter

I think we can hardly compare the two seasons yet - only holdovers from last year's production have aired. Let's wait until the HABF's start airing before comparing the two.

i've come up with a basic mathematical equation to resolve my thoughts on the executive producers:
    david mirkin˛ x mike scully˝ = al jean and mike reiss (26-32)˛ x oakley and weinsteiną

I'd say sixteen and seventeen are about level with each other so far. 17 is actually doing a little better.

Season 16 arrives AT LAST to Spain!

November 19: Treehouse Of Horror XV.

Damn, snpp.com is not loading for me, I wanted to do a poll.

I had that problem a minute ago. Try using the www., it worked for me.

Hey, just out of curiosity does anyone know when DXC was born? I am interested in working in the writing business(both print and film), and since he is my second favorite screenwriter(he's my first if you don't count Matt Groening) I am interested in finding out how young he was when he started.

Blog Entries

The Great Money Caper is on tonight. Good thing too, I never got to properly see it the first time.

Pin Pal

By the way, does anyone know of a 'your bottom 10' thread or something similar that he/she can link to? I wanted to find out what the general consensus on here as to what are the worst Simpsons episodes, and whether The Computer Wore Menace Shoes and The Great Money Caper are included, and I don't want to start a separate thread on a topic that's probably been done to death. Thanks if any of you could help.

Eh, Just do it.

Stonecutter

Not sure where to put this but Veryjammy you need to clear some space in your PM folder. (can you pm when you've cleared some space, so I don't have to keep checking. And that doesn't mean getting rid of one and pming me saying your ready!! )

Also, I'm sure some of you have already seen this via Google News, but if not The Simpsons was voted by 10-16yr olds as the best program in the uk with Little Britain coming 2nd!
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 11-12-2005 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMHOMER
    By the way, does anyone know of a 'your bottom 10' thread or something similar that he/she can link to? I wanted to find out what the general consensus on here as to what are the worst Simpsons episodes, and whether The Computer Wore Menace Shoes and The Great Money Caper are included, and I don't want to start a separate thread on a topic that's probably been done to death. Thanks if any of you could help.
    Here you go: Bottom 50 worst episodes

Also, I'm sure some of you have already seen this via Google News, but if not The Simpsons was voted 10-16yr olds best program in the uk with Little Britain coming 2nd!
    That's great news.

Dr. Bartley

Also, I'm sure some of you have already seen this via Google News, but if not The Simpsons was voted 10-16yr olds best program in the uk with Little Britain coming 2nd!
    That's some good news about Simpsons.

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Imperciph
    Phew! That was a close one, no 'Bart's Dog Gets an F', thank god.

Good to see A Tale of Two Springfields at #18 , but why are Call of the Simpsons, Some Enchanted Evening, Days of Wine and D'ohses in there when Another Simpsons Clip Show is nowhere to be seen. Do clips shows not count?

Blog Entries

How did Behind the Laughter get in that list?

Stonecutter

Becuase it sucks. Spoils the real life feel to the Simpsons.

Thread Information