Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125126127128129130131132133134135
Results 4,021 to 4,033 of 4033

Thread: The General Discussion Lounge

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess it's because they specifically react to Homer and Ron fighting. Maybe it's one of the rare cases where they still animate the characters live on the air.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe they were just like holograms or something. I'm pretty sure they appeared in the real world in another random episode that I don't remember. Just, why?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Random Simpsons remarks that don't warrant their own thread

I came across something Simpsons related that doesn't really belong in its own thread, so I thought I'd start a "catch-all" place for things like this.

Anyway, according to a strict reading of the latest Emmy rules, choreography done for The Simpsons (or any other animated program, for that matter) is no longer eligible for the Choreography Emmy. Costumes, yes (and, in fact, Titan Maximum won a Costuming Emmy a few years ago), but choreography, no.

Yes, the show has had a credited choreographer - in "The Girl Code," Homer's dance in the Greek restaurant was choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance? finalist Courtney Galiano.

Blog Entries

Merged with the original catch-all thread.

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

I know it wouldn't really fit the pacing, but I wish at least one DVD episode had a bonus audio track with a laugh track added in, just to see what a whole episode of that would be like.

Blog Entries

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/18/2019-tr...val-tv-lineup/

The Simpsons are doing a panel at the Tribeca Film Festival

The Simpsons – 30th Anniversary

In the thirty years since The Simpsons first debuted, the satirical cartoon has become the very center of popular culture; a juggernaut that is ingrained in the cultural fabric of America. In the three decades it has been on the air, the show has influenced popular culture, media and politics by brilliantly and incisively depicting the ridiculous pageant of American society. Following a screening of the episodes Marge vs the Monorail and The Day the Earth Stood Cool, the creative team of The Simpsons will come together to celebrate the immeasurable legacy of the longest-running animated series in television history.

After the Screening: A conversation with executive producers James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean and Matt Selman, and the voice of many Harry Shearer. Moderated by the voice of Lisa Simpson Yeardley Smith.

Event time: April 28 at 5:00 PM, BMCC
    Shearer doing an event for the show is surprising

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    The Simpsons are doing a panel at the Tribeca Film Festival
    Standalone tickets for this event are now on sale for those who wish to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Shearer doing an event for the show is surprising
    Main reason Harry's made himself available for this one is that there's a This Is Spinal Tap screening, performance and panel the night before.
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
    I know it wouldn't really fit the pacing, but I wish at least one DVD episode had a bonus audio track with a laugh track added in, just to see what a whole episode of that would be like.
    Or they should just make an episode like that. It's not bad to try something different sometimes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Main reason Harry's made himself available for this one is that there's a This Is Spinal Tap screening, performance and panel the night before.
    Ah, that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Harry's made himself available for this one is that there's a This Is Spinal Tap screening, performance and panel the night before.
    I'm wondering if there is a bass amp that goes to 11?
    Homer no function beer well without.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

If any of you would like to scope out this afternoon's Simpsons cast/production 30th anniversary panel directly, it will be livestreamed at facebook.com/Tribeca at 5:45pm Eastern today.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Junior Camper

In an episode of Boy Meets World, they reference Krusty being the son of a rabbi.

Thread Information