Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4036

Thread: The General Discussion Lounge

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

edit: oh wait i missed the point of what you were saying, n/m.

But while I have a post here I will say that the whole Scully was a good writer thing is kinda overstated. It's been emphasized many times that any given script might have very little contribution from the actual credited writer.

Quote Originally Posted by arii View Post
    I wouldn't flat-out call Jean an awful showrunner. He was a significant part of S3&4 and I actually think S13-16 are above average (they aren't perfect and don't match up to the first seasons but a significant portion of them are actually really good; I think there are maybe 3 episodes total in S15 that I actually hate). It's more a matter of not knowing when to quit than being outright bad.
    I completely agree. Al Jean needs to learn when to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenDonut View Post
    But while I have a post here I will say that the whole Scully was a good writer thing is kinda overstated. It's been emphasized many times that any given script might have very little contribution from the actual credited writer.
    true, but the credited writer is usually the onw who wrote the first draft of the episode so that's still a valid point. and plus I doubt that had little contribution on ALL the episode he was credited for writting.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a new episode on tonight, correct? Because I am not seeing anything about one.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

baseball tonight, no new episode.

damn, this is the first time I've posted in gd in like a year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Windbag View Post
    There is a new episode on tonight, correct? Because I am not seeing anything about one.
    There's not another new episode to the best of my knowledge, until November 15, episode "The Devil Wears Nada"

Got Malk?

Swartzwelder books?

I'm curious - I love the John Swartzwelder episodes, and recently found out he's written several books. Has anyone out there read any of them? Do you have any recommendations, or should I just start reading at the first one?

Read The Time Machine Did It. Pretty hilarious.

Started his next one about aliens and it wasn't that good.

Blog Entries

wow this things back? i remember posting here all the time.
    i haven't watched OFF for at least a couple of months....
    :gatorpee:

I honestly think that all the time I spend on NHC has seriously turned me off of The Simpsons for at least a good many years. I mean, it's probably been over a year since I saw a season 7 episode but give me a random episode and I could easily spout off thirty or so jokes from it (may or may not be hyperbole).

Blog Entries

I really can't get back into the pattern of watching the show again. I can''t even be bothered to buy season 12. Not that I don't love the show.

The last season I bought was 9. I have more than enough money to buy 10-12 now, but I can't bring myself to spend it.

come on, it's not so bad

Quote Originally Posted by the chilliman View Post
    I really can't get back into the pattern of watching the show again. I can''t even be bothered to buy season 12. Not that I don't love the show.
    I guess you watched the classic era too many times and now you got sick of it. It's understandable.

I certainly don't watch the show like I used to. Only a year or so ago, I was still watching it daily with maybe a random episode on DVD at night. Now I'm lucky to see one classic era episode a week
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

had a Julie Kavner moment in film class today. kid behind me was called on to discuss his feelings about Wong Kar-wai's Fallen Angels and all he could say was "the angles!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillho View Post
    The last season I bought was 9. I have more than enough money to buy 10-12 now, but I can't bring myself to spend it.
    yeah i understand that, 9 isn't as great, and starting with 10 stuff goes downhill

Blog Entries

guess you watched the classic era too many times and now you got sick of it. It's understandable.
    better than watching al jean's era too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillho View Post
    I'm going to buy them all, mostly because for 10-12 I hadn't seen all of those episodes, and I like a fair amount of the Jean era. Though for some of them I am going to buy mainly for the bonus features.

Blog Entries

Anyone watched Simpsons roasting (season 1) etc all the way through to season 12 yet?

I tried that once but I gave up when I got to season 4.

what a sinister looking picture.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: bartyboy

mAnly

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Oh wow, I had no idea what a small break from the show could really do for you.

I haven't flat-out quit watching, but I used to catch at least two reruns every day before moving into a dorm. And even then I still go back home on weekends and catch episodes, and I'm still watching the new ones, but I'm not watching the show as much as I used to and it's kind of faded into the background for me.

Then last night I had a bit of painting to do, and I really have been neglecting the show lately, so I put on S4 and worked while watching that... Watched the first two episodes whilst eating dinner, and then for a project that I should have been done within maybe two hours' time, well, I kept on getting so distracted by the show that it took another sixteen episodes and for it to be past 1 AM till I was finally finished.

(And then I only had four episodes left in the season so I finished it off anyway.)

And now I'm just so completely enamoured with the show again. It's not like - I've never proclaimed that the show was anything but my favourite, but I haven't actually felt the general nerdy flat-out obsession lately at all, and now it's back and the show is pretty much all I can/want to think about now.

I really have missed this feeling; other shows have been captivating me lately but it was really nice to reaffirm just the depth I really do care about/love the show and just why it's my absolute, undeniably, indisputable favourite out of anything else out there.

... I dunno I just wanted to say that and figured this was a good enough place to get that out there. I just had the best night last night that I've had in a long while and had forgotten just the extent to which I really do love/appreciate/enjoy the show.

yeah, there was a period where I sort of stopped caring about the show when I started watching the post classic era but then I caught some season 6 reruns on fox and man I almost forgot just how brilliant they are.

it is indeed a great feel when you're overly excited with a show. that's how I feel about it's always sunny in philadelphia right now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    yeah, there was a period where I sort of stopped caring about the show when I started watching the post classic era but then I caught some season 6 reruns on fox and man I almost forgot just how brilliant they are.

it is indeed a great feel when you're overly excited with a show. that's how I feel about it's always sunny in philadelphia right now
    I've stopped caring about the show a couple times, but only for like a day or two. I love this show too much too stop caring forever

ugh... my dad's got the Irish episode on in the other room. i have no idea what season it is, 19 or 20 or so, but it's absolutely awful.

Blog Entries

ugh... my dad's got the Irish episode on in the other room. i have no idea what season it is, 19 or 20 or so, but it's absolutely awful.
    It was 20, and it played on unfunny Irish Stereotypes for the most part. So like other travel episodes except it wasn't that funny. And the ending sucked

I agree, that episode is awful. it's like bart vs. australia done wrong.

i need to watch some classic Simpsons this Christmas break to wash the taste out of my mouth

Blog Entries

i need to watch some classic Simpsons this Christmas break to wash the taste out of my mouth
    I'm having a season 8 marathon in a few minutes, which to me is the best season

i can't watch with such frequency on account of college and film passion.

Thread Information