Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your least and most favourite character of the show!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Your least and most favourite character of the show!

Hello,
    If this thread already exist please close it!

So i'll start.

FAVOURITE:
    1. Nick Riviera
    2. Homer
    3. Lisa
    4. Moe

Least Favourite:
    1. Helen Lovejoy and Maude Flanders.

Don't attack me for my opinions. Everyone has right for their opinions!
    Last edited by Doctor Nick Riviera; 07-05-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Favorite:
    1. Homer
    2. Lisa
    3. Grandpa
    4. Bart
    5. Moe

Least favorite: Not sure but the crazy cat lady has always annoyed me. She had two good moments, her first appearance in Girly Edition and her origin story in Springfield Up but otherwise bleh.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Nick Riviera View Post

Don't attack me for my opinions. Everyone has right for their opinions!
    Agreed.

Also these kinds of threads have been done a million times, but newbies are always welcome to re-do them as new people are always joining.

I don't have any order, but it's Willie, Moe, Kang and Kodos, Hutz, Abe, Sideshow Bob and Fat Tony

I don't really have a least favorite imo, I love how they have over 100 recurring characters and each one of them has their own personality, traits, voice etc. It's amazing and makes the series feel more real. Like an actual town, a community of well-known people, not like a typical sitcom which is always set in the main house.

I got off topic there though. But no, I can't really say anything bad about a character.

Blog Entries

Favorite...ehh, Homer I guess? Not the most creative answer, but I think he's the most multidimensional character of the show, which is saying something since there are a lot of characters that are fleshed out well. Of course, when you go 27 seasons, that'll happen.

Least favorite, maybe Krusty. I don't dislike him or anything; I just don't find him that funny most of the time and most of the episodes that feature him in a prominent role are the lesser episodes of their seasons, like Krusty Gets Kancelled and The Last Temptation of Krust.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

Favourite
    Homer Simpson
    Mr. Burns
    Sideshow Bob
    Ralph Wiggum
    Milhouse Van Gluten
    Ned Flanders

Least Favourite
    Julio
    Manjula (after Jan Hooks stopped voicing her)
    Shawna

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, when I said Krusty, I meant least favorite character with depth. Otherwise, probably the Crazy Cat Lady. I don't have much of a problem with Shauna; really the only other teenager in the show is the Squeaky-Voiced Teen, and since the writers have kids in their teens and twenties now, I think Shauna is a useful character for them to have do teenager things instead of having Bart and Lisa do them instead. Unfortunately, they still have Bart and Lisa do teenage things, so I actually wouldn't be opposed to giving Shauna a bigger role if it meant Bart and Lisa could just act like kids.

Decent Local Marmalade sparkeydavis's Avatar

Favourites:
    Lisa, Sideshow Bob and Bart, but only up to a point. Lisa got annoying first. I'd say that by season 6 or so she's no longer a favourite of mine. Sideshow Bob fell apart after season 14. I still sometimes find Bart compelling, but it's very hit-and-miss.

Least Favourites:
    Lindsey Naegle almost always pisses me off. The acting is taken wayyyyy too far. It's too genuinely annoying to be funny.
    I'm a little disappointed whenever Superintendent Chalmers appears... not because he's a particularly bad character, but just because stories where he features heavily are often tedious, IMO. And the "Skinnerrrrrrr!" joke is overused. They should save it for moments when it's actually funny.
    "I should have washed my underpants today" is a perfect example of iambic pentameter.

Blog Entries

Superintendent Chalmers bothers me because of how often he appears. It's like they can't use Skinner on his own anymore; they always have to have Chalmers with him. And as the superintendent, he needs to be other places as well; it's not realistic for him to be at Springfield Elementary all the time. Plus, he has very little depth to his character. They gave him a big role in Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts, which is not a good episode because he's not an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    he's not an interesting character.
    Pretty much.

Favorite:
    Bart
    Homer
    Maggie
    Apu
    Barney

Least favorite:
    Julio

Favorite:
    Ralph
    Homer
    Apu
    Bart

Least Favorite:
    Manjula
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstormented View Post
    they're accurate as of the 2015 alien dick census

Blog Entries

I forgot to mention Apu. And wow, how could I forget The Sea Captain. One of the most underrated characters ever. I'm still waiting for his own episode. The Cat Lady even got one. Come on.

They gave him a big role in Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts, which is not a good episode because he's not an interesting character.
    I feel the exact opposite to be honest, I loved it cause I saw it as "The Chalmers Episode" and it fleshed him out a little more from just yelling at Skinner.

Favorite:
    Homer
    Ralph Wiggim
    Chief Wiggum
    Comic Book Guy
    Bart

Least Favorite:
    Crap can't think of one I don't like.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Superintendent Chalmers bothers me because of how often he appears. It's like they can't use Skinner on his own anymore; they always have to have Chalmers with him. And as the superintendent, he needs to be other places as well; it's not realistic for him to be at Springfield Elementary all the time. Plus, he has very little depth to his character. They gave him a big role in Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts, which is not a good episode because he's not an interesting character.
    Yeah, I think they lampshaded that in "Waverly Hills 9021-D'oh!"

The only other full episode I can really think of that starred his was "Grade School Confidential", but that's probably just because they gave him a slightly larger-than-average role. "Roosevelts" may be his only one, and I actually kinda liked that one (but that was more because of Bart than anything else). But yeah, he is just another one-note character ("SKIIIIINER!").

Favourites:
    Lisa
    Sideshow Bob
    Lenny

Least favourites:
    Grampa
    Apu's kids
    Sherri and Terri
    Krusty (not bad as a character himself, but episodes centred around him suck)

My brain... OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

JESUS! Grampa? He's one of my absolute favorites. I love his voice (sounds a bit like when I try to sound old myself) and even think he's one of the few characters who still is funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

no , your old man is just wheezing

Blog Entries

and its not like dan castellanetta has to try to sound old anymore

Favourite:
    1. Smithers
    2. Mr. Burns
    3. Sideshow Bob
    4. Moe
    5. Homer
    6. Lisa

Least Favourite:
    1. Rich Texan
    2. Krusty
    3. Sea Captain
    (As well as a few others but they don't appear more than a couple of times so it doesn't bother me so much.)

Blog Entries

Dammit, why does everybody hate Krusty? I think he's hilarious.

Favorite:
    Abraham Simpson
    Mr. Burns
    Smithers
    Homer (in the older days)
    Fat Tony

Least favorite:
    Julio
    Shauna
    Mary Spuckler
    And I know this is a one-time character, but... THE FREAKIN' BAR RAG!!!
    Gil in the Jean era

I didn't list Krusty as one of my least favourites, but now that you mention it, I kind of hate him too.
    He's too callous and self-absorbed. It's weird because I really like some of the earlier episodes based around Krusty, whilst I simultaneously don't like Krusty.

Favourites:
    1. Martin Prince (yes, really)
    2. Marge Simpson
    3. Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
    4. Dr Hibbert
    5. Ralph Wiggum

Worst
    1. Helen Lovejoy
    2. Krusty the Klown
    3. The Rich Texan
    4. Cookie Kwan
    5. Maude Flanders

Also, Crazy Cat Lady is not my favourite but she's never really bothered me

Blog Entries

I forgot about Helen Lovejoy! Outside of her classic catchphrase, I fucking hate her! She's nothing more than a gossip stereotype, and every time she appears she annoys the shit out of me because she just spends her entire time acting like an asshole. I have no idea why Marge even bothers with her, if I was her I would have told her to fuck off. Definitely one of the worst, didn't even like her in the classic era.

You like jazz? BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite: Lisa.

Least Favorite: Milhouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Blog Entries

What? Milhouse is great!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I knew you'd come back
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    The comedy of Krusty being an asshole is simply not funny to me. He's selfish, rude and has never once made me laugh for the simple fact that he doesn't have any great one-liners like other characters do. However, he's a good example of a celebrity who believes they're the shizz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    I think it's mostly because of character exaggeration. While Krusty was a mostly cynical jerk in the classic seasons (except in the first two seasons), he did have his moments showing his nicer side (like missing his dad or apologizing to the kids for how bad Kamp Krusty was), but by the Scully and Jean eras, they exaggerated all of his negative traits and started ignoring any of his good ones, so now he's just a greedy, cynical, vain, self-absorbed jerkass who doesn't care about anyone but himself and would do anything to make a quick buck, so it's hard to feel sorry for him or even like him at times.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 07-15-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Blog Entries

i agree, krusty is a prick. bart saved his career three times over and he's still the same, empty, vain, exploitative dick he's always been and i find it boring.

Thread Information