(Users Browsing this Thread: )

^Ok.

1.Homer:Badman
    2.Sideshow Bob Roberts
    3.Lisa's Wedding
    4.Itchy and Scratchy Land
    5.Treehouse of Horror V
    6.Bart's Girlfriend
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Dr. Bartley

1. Homer The Great
    2. And Maggie Makes Three
    3. Who Shot Mr. Burns? - Part One
    4. Springfield Connection
    5. Lemon Of Troy
    6. Homer: Badman

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

Ryan's top 6 of 6:

1. Round Springfield
    2. Treehouse Of Horror 5
    3. Lisa's Wedding
    4. A Star Is Burns
    5. Lemon of Troy
    6. Bart vs Australia

MattG_Fan's top 6 of 6:

1. Lemon of Troy (Best Episode Ever)
    2. Sideshow Bob Roberts
    3. Homer: Badman
    4. Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part One
    5. Bart of Darkness
    6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds

Close but no cigar:
    - The PTA Disbands

Of course, there are more that were close, but this one and greyhound are pretty much tied for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsfan20 View Post
    My view: You can show pictures of people in the nude, you can show pictures of people having sex, you can even show kids naked, but SHOW HOMER 'DOING IT' WITH LISA AND I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN.

Post A suggestion

One thing: there are some episodes that has been elaborately discussed by the General Discussion Essay Dork krew or in indepth reviews of Chris Pfeiler.

So shouldn't a thread be created in which all these discussions are archived and the thread stickied on top of the page? Also, the latest Homer:Badman should be added too.

If a mod reads this, please consider. Or would I pm someone like Channel Surfer about this suggestion?

edit: I'll try to create one myself.I found most of these.

On one hand I think it's a good idea - for example that link you posted to the Homer The Heretic thread from about 2 years ago was new to me and it was a pretty interesting read. The only possible downside I could see would be if people thought it wasn't worth making threads about certain episodes anymore because it looked like they had already been discussed.

Stonecutter

So what's everyones predictions for the rest of the GAB lines

THoH - B
    Marge's Son... A-/A
    See Homer Run - B
    The Last of the Red Hot... B+ (only because Cohen's writing it)

Quote Originally Posted by Veryjammy
    On one hand I think it's a good idea - for example that link you posted to the Homer The Heretic thread from about 2 years ago was new to me and it was a pretty interesting read. The only possible downside I could see would be if people thought it wasn't worth making threads about certain episodes anymore because it looked like they had already been discussed.
    Ok. I'll pm and ask Channel Surfer about this and he'll decide what's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    So what's everyones predictions for the rest of the GAB lines
    THoH - B (promo and plot descriptions look promising)
    Marge's Son... A-/A (potential classic, the "Sleeping with the Enemy of this season)
    See Homer Run - B (the script worries me it maybe too over the top. Or maybe a fun gag-fest as majority of "fun" episodes of Season 16 such as Fat man and Little Boy and Mommie beerest were good)
    The Last of the Red Hot... C+ (ehh....I am worried it would be dull)
    Last edited by Imperciph; 11-03-2005 at 06:19 AM.

Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar

My top 6 of 6

1. Bart's girlfriend
    2. Bart's comet
    3. Lisa's wedding
    4. And Maggie makes 3
    5. The springfield connection
    6. Two dozen and one greyhounds

Thanks to CousinMerl for this great sig!

I've got sort of mixed feelings toward the episodes based on descriptions. THOH sounds fairly good, Marge's Son Poisoning could go both ways, same with See Homer Run, and Last of the Red Hot Mamas isn't sounding too good so far.

Question to you guys:

Do you think amongst your favorite shows, the simpsons have the highest no. of classic episodes? If not, then which show ?

For me,the answer's yes.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Imperciph: Yes. There is no other show that had a classic period of seven seasons (2-8) with barely any decline, and with different feels and styles for each season to boot. My second-favorite show, Seinfeld, has a classic period of about seasons 3-6, or maybe 3-7 if I'm feeling generous. The more I watch the Simpsons, the more obvious it is to me that it's the best show ever.

Archive idea: Meh. It only takes about 10 seconds for me to use search and find earlier R&R threads. Plus, like Veryjammy said, it would probably discourage people from making new threads. Personally, I don't care if there are old R&R threads unless they're newer than about 3 months. Usually, I feel that I have something new to say and I want to see the opinion of newer members, but that's only me.

Top 6 of season 6:

1. Homer: Badman - A+
    2. Lisa's Wedding - A+
    3. Sideshow Bob Roberts - A+
    4. Homer the Great - A+
    5. Treehouse of Horror V - A
    6. Lemon of Troy - A

Btw, before buying season 6 I hadn't watched any season 6 episodes. I didn't change my mind, but I was fairly disappointed. It's about my fifth-favorite season.
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Quote Originally Posted by Imperciph
    Question to you guys:

Do you think amongst your favorite shows, the simpsons have the highest no. of classic episodes? If not, then which show ?

For me,the answer's yes.
    I really don't know. My guess is no actually, The Simpsons probably has about 50-60 classic episodes, but I think that The West Wing probably has a few more, basically the entire first four seasons are classics to me. At it's peak, there was never another show on par with it.

But I haven't really counted how many episodes I would call classics for either show, so I can't give a yes or no answer.

Yes I'd say so, the only other show that even comes close would be Seinfeld with two episodes that I don't think a single person I know hasn't seen: The Contest and The Soup Nazi.

Please Do Not Feed The Ego

After hearing about this site on the season 6 commentaries, I thought I'd check it out. Right now I feel a little out of my depth because I don't know nearly as much about 'The Simpsons' as some other shows, but I guess this is the place to learn.

Top 6 Of Season 6
    1. Homer Badman
    2. Sideshow Bob Roberts
    3. Lemon Of Troy
    4. Lisa On Ice
    5. Homer The Great
    6. Bart's Comet

On the subject of consistency, what about 'Frasier'? It did win the Best Comedy Emmy 5 years running, although after Joe Keenan and Christopher Lloyd left it went to shit.

I don't really know if this question relates to 'The Simpsons', but does anyone know who does the voice of the behind bars Southern Rooster, or Kentucky Tried Chicken as I like to call him? I don't know if it was 'The Simpsons' or 'Futurama'?
    Last edited by Stratman; 11-04-2005 at 06:24 AM.
    My All-Time Top 100 TV Shows

My DVDs

If I were a stutterer, I'd live in Antarctica

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperciph
    Question to you guys:

For me,the answer's yes.
    yes, easily, however a better estimation would probably be a percentage of classic episodes though since the simpsons has so many more episodes than most shows. the number of classic simpsons episodes sometimes outweighs the number of episodes in another television show.

Pin Pal

On the subject of topics that don't really warrant a full thread, that woman who is sitting next to Carl in Homer's class in Secrets of a Succesful Marriage, is she a friend/relative of him? Or was she just making friendly conversation?

Out of all my favorite shows, Simpsons definitely does have the highest number of classics.

As for the question about the woman sitting next to Carl, I have no idea. I'd imagine she isn't related. Although they've never revealed anything about Carl's family, so I suppose it's possible.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wasn't Carl next to some blonde woman at the retirement party in Marge get's a job. I rember noticing that and wonderd why people here hadn't discussed it to death.

The Third Man Snake_aka_Jailbird's Avatar

Was he just next to her or was he with her?

Reading this post is an offer you can't refuse.

I was just thinking about Marge's Son Poisoning and it made me wonder - has there ever been a substantial Lisa/Marge plot? It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge and She Used To Be My Girl sort of count but they aren't really about their relationship, so much as Marge getting jealous of someone else. There must be one I've forgotten surely?

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

the subplot in sunday cruddy sunday could sort of qualify.

I was just thinking about Marge's Son Poisoning and it made me wonder - has there ever been a substantial Lisa/Marge plot? It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge and She Used To Be My Girl sort of count but they aren't really about their relationship, so much as Marge getting jealous of someone else. There must be one I've forgotten surely?
    Sadly it dates all the way back to Moaning Lisa if you don't want to count the horrific "Marge and Lisa are bored while jerkass Homer is out on a wacky adeventure" subplots of Sunday Cruddy Sunday and Maximum Homerdrive.

There's real potential there then imo. In See Homer Run it looks like we're going to have the millionth incarnation of 'Homer disappoints Lisa', why not have at least one involving Lisa and Marge. I think that there is the opportunity for more depth with that relationship since Marge is, imo, a more complex character.

There's real potential there then imo. In See Homer Run it looks like we're going to have the millionth incarnation of 'Homer disappoints Lisa', why not have at least one involving Lisa and Marge. I think that there is the opportunity for more depth with that relationship since Marge is, imo, a more complex character.
    In fact, the "Homer disappoints Lisa" had been perfectly covered by classics such as Lisa's Substitute and Lisa's Wedding.Even Homer and Bart had "I-do'h bot" two seasons and we have marge and bart story next week.

Lisa and Marge is the OFF relationship that has had the least exposition.Its time about time they considered doing one rather than another "Homer and marge's marriage on the rocks".

Yeah, and considering there were also great 'Homer disappoints Lisa' stories in Lisa's Pony, Lisa The Greek and to a lesser extent The Dad Who Knew Too Little, I really think they should lay off them for a bit, much like the 'marriage on the rocks' stories as you said.

Oh dear god. Today, for the first time ever, I saw The Parent Rap and THOH 12. I've been quite cynical about the Jean output recently, but this really put things in perspective. Two of the worst episodes I have ever seen. I forgot how crude and obnoxious some of his episodes were. Truly dreadful. Homer was in some of the worst form I have ever seen him in in The Parent Rap.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

How can a non-Jean episode put the Jean era into perspective? Do you mean THOH 13?

Well what I mean is, I've been a bit disheartened by some of the recent Jean episodes and the fact that there doesn't seem to be much improvement. But then I watched those two episodes (and I did mean THOH 12 btw) and I remembered how bad things used to be and I suddenly felt so grateful that Jean is now in charge. This is quite hyperbolic but I was truly shocked by The Parent Rap in particular, just a staggeringly bad episode.

edit - after THOH 16 I'm suddenly less grateful :laugh:
    Last edited by Veryjammy; 11-07-2005 at 09:35 AM.

Lard Of The Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    Did anyone know that Tress MacNeille sang on one of Weird Al Yankovic's very early albums? She sang, as well as performed in the music video for "Ricky" as Lucy Ricardo (Lucille Ball).
    I actually did know that, I'm a pretty big Wierd Al fan But thanks for pointing that out, it's a really good bit of Simpsons Trivia.

"Ricky" is on the TV Album btw. But actually that album is a compilation so I can't remember the one it originated on.
    Owner: Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
    Homer: Oh, that's bad.
    Owner: But it comes with a free Frogurt!
    Homer: That's good.
    Owner: The Frogurt is also cursed.
    Homer: That's bad.
    Owner: But you get your choice of topping!
    Homer: That's good.
    Owner: The toppings contains Potassium Benzoate.
    Homer:
    Owner: That's bad.

Thread Information