View Poll Results: Rate The Mansion Family!

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • (5/5) They're the greatest heroes of all!

13 9.49%
  • (4/5) That's a lifesaver!

22 16.06%
  • (3/5) This sounds like bad news!

39 28.47%
  • (2/5) I can't even finish!

30 21.90%
  • (1/5) I'm not reading this drivel!

33 24.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate and Review: The Mansion Family (BABF08)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I did enjoy Burns' antics and some of the first act, but act three was just a little too much to bear. D

1/5

The credits were most unforgiving (though at least syndi cuts it out ), including the Seat Guy and MANY other bits such as why would they need to place a disclamer after Homer states Grammys are not real awards to which he won one, huh?! Oh, and flame me if you will, but Britney Spears did not worsen the episode for me as there was everything else to cringe about (I am not like Chris Crocker and could care less about the blonde bimbo, but there were far worse things in this episode that angered me than her appearance).

The reality is that both your post and his should be bannable offenses. Pure ignorance about the show's current-day content is just as offensive as wearing blinders to mediocrity and openly praising everything.
    - Brad Lascelle,
    even if I don't agree on a post like mine in which I did not watch a new episode of OFF and still give it a negative rating should result in banning

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Britney giving the kiss of death to that old man is definitely the highlight in this episode.
    The rest is so forgettable. Really, this one is as boring as Sunday Cruddy Sunday.
    Yes, I know there are pirates in it, but who cares?
    This is The Simpsons, not Scooby Doo.

Thumbs up from Homer, but not from me.

A mostly dull episode with only Burns' medical tests at the Mayo Clinic, Homer punching the parrots, the burning beds, the Tyson-Secretariat fight on international waters, and Lenny and Carl's sun watching providing me with some laughs. The plot is just some absurd adventure that really goes nowhere and grows old very quickly, this is definitely one of my least favorite episodes that Swartzwelder has written. 2/5
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Meh, 3/5

The ending rants of Homer through the credits made me lol though. "dont shush me you rich bastard!" lmao.

Blog Entries

Good episode of the season 11. 3/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Collector Charlie View Post
    The ending rants of Homer through the credits made me lol though. "dont shush me you rich bastard!" lmao.
    probably the only actual funny part of the episode.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if memory serves well I though this was average to be honest. Homer wasn't really a jerkass, just on a sugar high, ie. Captain Wacky Homer, which is better than Jerkass Homer, though Homer does grow tiresome by the end. It does contain one of my least favourite jokes though, with them in the net, and the clawing at the leg thing. Seemed unnecessarily dark. But I did like Homer's Box Social thing, and Lenny at the awards ceremony was a great brief moment. I would be lying if I said I actively disliked it. Probably C/C- worthy.

Junior Camper

I'm actually a little surprised at all the hate this episode is getting. I didn't think it was that bad. I thought the Chinese pirates were over the top, but the rest was fairly enjoyable. 3/5.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 11 continues when the Simpsons take care of Mr. Burns' mansion while he visits the Mayo Clinic! Unfortunately Homer goes crazy and steals his yacht and gets captured by pirates. Burns doesn't seem to mind though and Homer laments not being rich as the episode ends....

This one is alright at parts through the first 10 minutes or so and then becomes utter crap. I enjoyed many things from the awards ceremony like serious Lenny, another Grammy slam, the Huey Long joke and abra-cadaver! While in the mansion I really laughed hard at Homer's line reading regarding the ass-scratching fork. Finally Mr. Burns damning FDR for getting the first social security number and declaring himself a big boy during one of the tests were also very funny lines.

Aside from that most of this is just wretched and even the best stuff is merely not horrible. Homer is in full on obnoxious crazy guy for the most part from swirling his drink in Lisa's face to riding a lawn mower through the house drunk. The last act at sea contains just about nothing good and is a chore to sit through. Homer's run over the end credits is alright and probably the only good thing about it. As far as the last act alone is concerned it is the worst thing in this season so far. I do think some of the earlier stuff saves it enough so that I'll still give it a 2/5 but definitely a bad episode overall.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rewatched it, worse than I remembered. No laughs outside of the awards ceremony (the only thing I found really funny was the "taking a bullet" bit), and half way through it becomes quite shit. Burns starts off quite evil at the awards ceremony, and whilst filling in the Mayo Clinic form, but at every other point he becomes some pathetic unfunny old man played almost purely for physical humour. Homer is also intolerable for much of the episode, I may have said he wasn't a jerkass earlier, but he was very annoying.

I still don't hate it like some, I just find it pretty pointless and stupid on the whole. Doesn't help that it's not very funny.

C-/D+

2/5

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

Okay episode, got a bit boring near the end, with the pirates. Loved the first act and the Grammy Awards disclaimer. I notice Homer's line after the end credits was cut, having just watched it on Sky1. 4/5
    In order to effect the maximum taste out of food such as a boiled sweet.

Is it about my cube? Cornerstone's Avatar

''Don't shush me you rich bastard''
    ''Hey there's another way to get on the boat!''
    ''I'M DRUNK!''

It's an average episode. I can watch it and have a few laughs at the above quotes but it's not too good, really. 3/5

Blog Entries

I thought that it was alright, but totally wasted potential when it comes to the family being in Mr. Burns house. I thought that the monkey knife fight was freaking hilarious though. 3/5

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

I wonder what the point of getting Britney Spears to guest voice was when we only saw her in one scene? Not that I wanted to see her anyway.

I didn't think it was too bad, but like you said, there was a lot of wasted potential.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I must have been in a good mood when I reviewed this before. It isn't very good. Probably still better than the majority of Season 11, but still pretty bad. 3/10
    Last edited by Insanity Pepper; 11-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Αdministrator Shadow The Hedgehog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not that bad. Seeing the family in the mansion is a nice change of pace and the way they act is over-the-top but fun. I also like the Burns subplot. 3/5.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Humor: Meh, the only really funny stuff are at the awards then are some chuckles but not much more than that and the humor is mostly Homer and co doing crazy stuff. Grade: D-

Plot: The family house-sitting for Burns was a great set-up and it went okay for the first couple of minutes but then the episode turns into a total mess when Homer and co takes the boat. The ending scene blows too. Grade: D-

Characters: Meh, Homer is in Jerkass Mode. The others are in okay character but maybe they should have been funnier. Grade: D-

Pretty awful episode not quite the worst of season 11 but its close. Grade: D-

Avatar courtesy of Telso Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I always forget about this episode... I know it's place in the season and all, but for some reason I rarely consider its' existence. From what I remember it's a fun episode, although they didn't need to make it another wacky Scully-era danger third act.

Avatar courtesy of Telso Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Yeah, this is a massive guilty pleasure. "I'm drunk!"

The premise is pretty stupid, Burns just randomly makes the Simpson family watch over his mansion for no real reason. I liked Mr. Burns' medical check subplot, but most of the stuff that was going on the boat was kinda meh. Another very mediocre episode. 3/5

well of course Burns is the sickest man in the US, didn't he have a germ lab? maybe some of those old germs were probably lingering in him

and the Britney spears cameo feels just random, and well to be fair this is at the height of her fame, or is it early in her career

4/5 Good episode, very funny and Homer's part in the picture is very funny

Thread Information