8 4.82%

21 12.65%

47 28.31%

36 21.69%

54 32.53%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rate and Review : Tennis the Menace

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I liked Krusty's "raquet-earring” dad joke. Apart from that, the less said about this episode, the better.

One of the most staggeringly awful episodes of TV I've ever endured. Bottom five of all time, easily. F

For me, it's one of those episodes that's extremely weak, but at the same time, I find it difficult to passionately dislike. It feels like another episode that's chiefly built around bringing in some prominent guest stars, and you could be forgiven for thinking it came from a pitch built around the punny episode title.

I like Kent getting fed his quips through an earpiece (and the way it blew up on him), Krusty's terrible material (because it's for charity, of course), the joke about travel not being called in basketball, and Homer mixing up Andre Agassi with Andre the Giant. The outdoor surgery joke doesn't gross me out as such, but it's still cringe-worthy and unnecessary. Everything else is pretty standard for the era: unrelated first act that segues into the main plot (though I do kind of enjoy them poking fun at the formula), characters being a little too antagonistic with each other, and pretty much a non-ending. They end up on the sidelines watching the pros play, and just sort of forgive each other. Their conclusion that it's better to watch stuff than do stuff is kind of enjoyable cynical, but it's still a flat ending.

I'll say 2/5 because there are parts that I enjoy and some merit to the premise, but it's a weak episode.
    A little less Generic than before.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I can't believe I am saying this, but....

The scene where Homer imagines Marge married to her own son is worse than the panda rape scene
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Eh, this episode is only noteworthy to me for being one of the first to use digital animation. The animation looks good, but I found the episode boring. It felt more like a Jean episode than a Scully one, not a good thing.

Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really? I think this screams Scully. The unrelated first act and Homer’s personality throughout the episode represent the worst of the Scully tenure (which overall really wasn’t that bad, but this one sucks).
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Thread Information