Thread: Simpsons Renewed Till 20th season (not really)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Simpsons Renewed Till 20th season (not really)

fox has extended the everyones contract till 20th season according to newpaper.asia1.comsg/show/story/0.4136,95299,00.html

By the time season 20 comes around, more than 50% of the show will be mediocre.

the shows still entertaning just not what it was in the begining

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker
    fox has extended the everyones contract till 20th season according to newpaper.asia1.comsg/show/story/0.4136,95299,00.html
    AL GORE: I feel like celebrating. (Puts "Cool and the Gang" LP on the turntable)
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 10-01-2005 at 07:34 PM.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Junior Camper

Can someone please copy and paste that article for me?

The link isn't working.

Blog Entries

3 More seasons to view! Great news.

pretty rad

Guys, I'm calling shenanigans (shenani-goats?) on this. The link doesn't work, and I did a Google news search and nothing came up.

Plus, the article above would have come from Singapore. You'd think we'd get a U.S. (or maybe British) source to report this first.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/st...,95299,00.html

but as far as the show being renewed and the voice actors job's being renewed, they're two different contracts and they almost always give the voice actors more years than the show has been renewed for.

pretty rad

And the article mentions nothing about the show itself being renewed. Point stands.

Aren't these the same three seasons the voice actors fought over during the so-called strike last year anyway, which contract runs out in season 19 and not 20? So either way the title's screwed.

Kinda interesting article though for what it's worth. But really a bit of a mishmash of different ideas regarding the show's production and culture, with nothing really new to offer however.
    Last edited by Channel Surfer; 10-02-2005 at 01:20 AM.

4-8-15-16-23-42

Last season, it averaged 9.6 million viewers in the US alone, up from the 8.6 million a decade ago.
    wow, i hope that extra million people are watching the syndications...

only the actors signed till season 20?

Last season, it averaged 9.6 million viewers in the US alone, up from the 8.6 million a decade ago.
    However, this is roughly in line with population increase, so proportionally it is about the same

can't talk; coming down Lizard Queen's Avatar

In the last few years,my excitement for the new seasons to start has dropped.As well,I no longer make it a point to always be in front of my tv on Sunday nights anymore.However,knowing that the show is most likely coming to an end in the 20th season makes me uncomfortable.I compare the feeling to--'the sun is fine today,but scientists have predicted that it will explode in three years'.
    Hey,don't get me wrong,I catch the newer shows in reruns.
    Alot can happen in the next few years,nobody start panicing yet!

back in black

I can't guess how good seasons 18, 19, and 20 will be yet. I had thought the show was about to end around season 9, but by the time season 10 came around my expectations had dropped somewhat. (If I were to grade post-season 10 episodes in 1997 or previous, the grades would probably be about 20% lower.) As long as there are still some good episodes (there has never been an extremely dry spell yet), I'll be happy.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker
    only the actors signed till season 20?
    Season 19.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,...,00.html?tnews

Jean tells the Hollywood Reporter. "The cast is already signed through season 19. I think we'll get at least that far. It required such a long negotiation to get the cast under contract for four years that I think it's likely we'll do them."

And again, nothing has been mentioned about the show itself being renewed for more seasons.

Galalimit

edit: n/m

Calendar Time Killer

The show is renewed until the 20th season, containing 15 episodes until March 22, 2009. Fox Home Entertainment is planning for "The Final Season: Exclusive Limited Edition" after two days the show ends.

Nekatz you seem to find it hilarious posting fake information everywhere. Please stop.

I hope I live long enough to see the Last Episode! *coff Wheeze*

nekatz, I'm going to assume for now that you're not posting fake info for the sake of it, but a lot of news you've given has been a bit dubious, to put it nicely. Can you post a link to future news items you give so the info can be more easily confirmed?

And somebody just make a new thread when new renewal information is released, this thread has been nothing but a headache since it began.

Thread Information