45 19.07%
  • 2/5 Poor

21 8.90%
  • 1/5 Trash

14 5.93%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: R&R Trash of the Titans

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

5/5 Deserves a spot in the top. One of the best from Season nine, which I would argue is one of the classic Seasons despite what others will say. Season nine was no 4-8, but it also was no Season Ten. Some of my favorite episodes are from this Season, and this is one of them.

Banned
    Blog Entries

If it weren't for the ending, this episode would've gotten a 5/5. The only thing worth while about the ending was the scene with the Indians.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wow, totally dont get the praise for this episode at all. Some decent satire, but its generally just a wacky Jerkass Homer adventure that would fit in more with the next season. My least favorite of season 9 tied with the clipshow. 4/10

One of the best!

The ending is the only thing I have a problem with it, but it's not a big problem.

5/5

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Really awful and unfunny. Jerkass Homer at his worst, IMO. 1/5

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Igor

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the most underrated episodes ever. Why it's so hated is beyond my understanding! 9.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Léo Pard

It's probably the ultimate love-it-or-hate-it episode, perhaps even more so than Homer's Enemy.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Already did a review for this episode on the NHC Weekly Episode Club, but I did watch this episode again not too long ago and I still feel the same way about it.

This might surprise some of you, but this is my favorite episode of season 9. It's the funniest episode of the season and I laugh every time I watch it. While the plot isn't anything great, the way they execute it is perfect. It has lots of great jokes and the satire is pretty good too.

The problems some people have with this episode don't bother me at all. Jerkass Homer wasn't a problem because Homer has done worse things than what he did in this episode. The wackiness of this episode didn't bother me because I often enjoy the wackiness of the Scully-era and to me the ending was more funny than a slap in the face. The only problem I have with this episode is at the very end when one of the Indians says "I told you not to turn around." I'm not saying that the line wasn't funny, but it did feel like he was explaining the joke.

Other than that it was a great episode and in my opinion it's the best episode of season 9.

10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

I really don't see the great appeal of this episode. Yeah, it has a couple funny jokes, but so does every Scully episode. Most Scilly episodes are funnier than this, actually. A lot of the jokes in this one just fall flat for me and Homer is kinda horrible in this episode. Easily the most Jerkass-y he had been up to this point. He rattles a birdcage for no reason, he kicks a woman off her chair (a bit that has no punchline, by the way), he threatens to beat his children for something beyond their control, he cuts his opponent's brakes and accuses him of atrocities then expects him to be friendly to him. I just can't see this episode being received as well if it was in any season after this one.

Junior Camper

I need to watch the first nine or ten seasons just to see the cutoff point for when the show starts declining in quality.

I just saw the episode and it reminds me of "Homer's Enemy" a bit, although that one was more experimental and Homer's characterization served a purpose. Here, I just don't get it. He harassed Ray for some reason, wanted to become sanitation commissioner for some reason, and was able to hijack a U2 concert for some reason. I can see why a person would dislike this episode, but there's a lot of genuine humor in this (Ray was a great character, the garbage can bits were all well-done, and the musical number was pretty good too). I didn't like the Native American joke at the end though. I don't know, it was just more awkward than funny to me. Some stuff didn't work here, but it was definitely enjoyable and a fitting 200th episode. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post
    Poor, VERY boring episode that's only saving grace are its numerous and hilarious jokes and its song. Originally voted 4/5, changed to 2.5/5.
    SICK review, handsome!

Blog Entries

??

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't an episode be good if it had numerous and HILARIOUS jokes?

I've gotta ask. Why does this episode catch a lot of flak? I found its message and the people it mocked to be funny! How can you not love that this episode is mocking people that expect politicians to solve all of their problems (thus people flocking to Homer because of his slogan "can't someone else do it?")?

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub20Owl316 View Post
    I've gotta ask. Why does this episode catch a lot of flak? I found its message and the people it mocked to be funny! How can you not love that this episode is mocking people that expect politicians to solve all of their problems (thus people flocking to Homer because of his slogan "can't someone else do it?")?
    Homer was never a pleasant man, but before this episode aired, he wasn't an irritating jackass, either, and that's what turned off a lot of fans to it when it originally aired. However, if you've only seen newer episodes made in the past 10 years, comparatively, this episode might not seem so bad.

I understand the praise for this episode , 4/5

Junior Camper

Not to bad not to good ,3/5

Blog Entries

2/5

Pretty garbage, saw thsi for the first time on TV tonight. I was optimistic since it was one of the 90s episodes I think? But man, I see why people bash this season.

1. Homer is such a dick, just bursting onto that concert. kick that chic and making him the center of attention. I'm glad he got punched
    2. He gets some bullshit occupation by Trumping his way through an election...instead of just apologizing

The episode did have some funny jokes, especially in the beginning. But the ending was so ridiculous. Like come on, the guy just quits and they move the town...wat. Such an insult to the audience.
    I

I just can't get over Homer in this one. The whole conflict in this episode was sparked by him being a jerk, and it only gets worse from here. He insulted garbagemen and refused to apologize, forcing his family to live in a literal trash heap, threatened to beat his children (I'd argue this is worse than him strangling Bart because there was a dose of reality that isn't usually there), took over a concert, slandered his opponent numerous times, effectively tried to kill him by cutting his brakes and ended up destroying Springfield in the end while facing no consequences and showing no remorse whatsoever. This isn't even including the random bits of jerkness like "Take a hike Kojak" and the whole scene in Patterson's office. He was just vile in this episode, there were glimpses of jerkass Homer in earlier episodes but never did it drive the whole plot (well, maybe in Homer's Enemy) and never has it been to such an extent. Saying that he was "a bit of a jerk" here is quite an understatement.

Also as is typical in Scully episodes the ending is stupid and nonsensical and I didn't care for the U2 appearance. I liked Ray Patterson as a grounded character, there were some good laughs, some enjoyable satire in the beginning and the song was pretty well done but they can't fully redeem what this episode has done to Homer. 2/5
    Last edited by Gollywock; 05-07-2019 at 12:12 PM.

''and tell you when your ass is showing''

Thread Information