View Poll Results: Rate and Review!

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Excellent

    91 38.56%
  • 4/5 Good

    65 27.54%
  • 3/5 Quite good.

    45 19.07%
  • 2/5 Poor

    21 8.90%
  • 1/5 Trash

    14 5.93%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 201



Thread: R&R Trash of the Titans



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #61
    Junior Camper
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    112


    5/5, I loved this one

  2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Léo Pard

  3. #62
    purple is a fruit
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    857


    Meh it was good......3/5.

  4. #63


    One of my all time favourites, 5/5.
    "Mmm... unexplained bacon." - Homer

  5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Léo Pard

  6. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    123 Fake St.
    Posts
    4,544


    2/5

    This episode isn't very good.
    They could of at least tried to make it a good episode, especially considering it's the 200th episode..

    This episode has some funny jokes, but all it is really is just proof that The Simpsons were getting tired after 9 seasons.

  7. #65


    Loved this episode, one of the best of season 9 I think!.. I understand what some people are saying about "jerkass" Homer but I think the over-the-top characterization just really worked in this for some reason... the whole episode was hilarious!

  8. #66
    Registered User moleman31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    631


    Quote Originally Posted by ralphywiggum
    Loved this episode, one of the best of season 9 I think!.. I understand what some people are saying about "jerkass" Homer but I think the over-the-top characterization just really worked in this for some reason... the whole episode was hilarious!
    agreed, the jerkass Homer was perfect in this one. I don't know how many times I've seen this one, but it never gets old. Really a hilarious episode, start to finish.

  9. #67


    Quote Originally Posted by moleman31
    agreed, the jerkass Homer was perfect in this one. I don't know how many times I've seen this one, but it never gets old. Really a hilarious episode, start to finish.
    Same here, I last watched this episode about 2 months ago and have watched many many more episodes since then... but I have not laughed anywhere near as much as when I was watching that one... definitely one of the funniest simpsons ever I think!

  10. #68
    Got milk? Snaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,249


    I am giving this episode a well deserved 80% (aka 4/5).


    The reality is that both your post and his should be bannable offenses. Pure ignorance about the show's current-day content is just as offensive as wearing blinders to mediocrity and openly praising everything.
    - Brad Lascelle,
    even if I don't agree on a post like mine in which I did not watch a new episode of OFF and still give it a negative rating should result in banning

  11. #69
    Junior Camper
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    30


    A good episode with at least one laugh-til-you-cry moment (Homer getting beaten up backstage being broadcast on the giant video wall). Not too shabby. 3.5/5.

  12. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    123 Fake St.
    Posts
    4,544


    Ughk. I wrote the stupidest posts four months ago. Ughk.

    Anyway, I love this episode - it's so funny, fresh, fun, and exciting. One of my favourite Season 9 episodes.

    4/5 - 8/10.

  13. #71
    NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,065


    For lack of a better word, "meh" pretty much sums up my feelings about this episode. Homer was irksome to watch, the plot was rather dull, the pacing too rapid during the third act...nothing special about this one at all. 2/5

  14. #72
    NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,694


    3.5/5

    Not my favorite, but still good.

  15. #73
    Dial M for Moe Moe Nopoly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The place promised in our early days
    Posts
    8,791


    I really like this episode from season 9. It's funny story and quite entertaining.
    I also like the song "The Garbageman Can" . Good Homer episode 4/5


    "Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

  16. #74
    I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin: "More bars in more places."
    Posts
    15,655
    Blog Entries
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by banana plantation
    great episode, and the fact that it still garners hate seems to indicate just a fundamental difference in taste at this point of the series.
    Yeah, but what makes me wonder if people are tiring so much of the latter (S17 to present) Jean era, they will rewatch an older, crappier episode and give it a decent grade because it's different to what's airing now. I'd still say the only worse episodes from the Jean era that beat this out are "Dude where's my Ranch" and "Helter Shelter."

    It sucked then and still sucks today, time hasn't made it any better. 1/5

  17. #75
    . TheForbiddenDonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,787


    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Ughk. I wrote the stupidest posts four months ago. Ughk.

    Anyway, I love this episode - it's so funny, fresh, fun, and exciting. One of my favourite Season 9 episodes.

    4/5 - 8/10.
    But you were dead right four months ago.

    The episode is bad, plain and simple. Epitome of jerkass Homer here, and only a couple of decent jokes.

  18. #76
    Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,720


    Is that to say you downgrade your 3/5 to about a 1/5?

  19. #77
    . TheForbiddenDonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,787


    Nah. It's either a high 2/5 or a low 3/5.

  20. #78
    Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,720


    What brings it up to that level for you?

  21. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    123 Fake St.
    Posts
    4,544


    Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenDonut
    But you were dead right four months ago.
    But I find it hilarious now. I've never had any problems with Homer here; in fact, I've never actually noticed that he's apparently a Jerkass in this episode. What does he do exactly?

  22. #80
    . TheForbiddenDonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,787


    Only exhibiting the worst case of irrational anger, hating a guy and torturing his parrot for no reason given other than Ray Patterson is the sanitary commissioner, and Homer was for some irrational reason angry with the garbagemen for an unbelievably minor incident. But I mean Homer doesn't even know the guy and he just walks into the guy's office with the biggest asshole attitude ever. Oh yeah, then he cuts his freaking brakes, if that's not an attempt to cause death or serious injury I don't know what is. Then he kicks a woman down because he wants to do something stupid, like, play with cameras for the most egocentric reasons. And I haven't seen the episode in a year.

  23. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    123 Fake St.
    Posts
    4,544


    I guess the reason I never particularly noticed that is because I thought most of the things he did were just plain funny. He did showcase some irrational anger, but I guess I never noticed that because I'm always irrationally angered and I would've done the same thing.

  24. #82
    . TheForbiddenDonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,787


    You're one to torture parrots, hate people for no reason (Ray Patterson didn't do a damn thing), kick people who've done absolutely nothing, cut a person's brake lines because they were running against you in an election? You must be one messed up guy.

  25. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    123 Fake St.
    Posts
    4,544


    Well no, I obviously wouldn't do any of those things.

  26. #84
    It's like swallowing Draino
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,380


    1.5/5

    Steve Martin was the only bright spot in this, and he should've been given better material as it was. The episode has some funny gags, but the Jerkass Homer and terrible ending really bring it down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

  27. #85
    . TheForbiddenDonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,787


    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Well no, I obviously wouldn't do any of those things.
    Then I don't see how anyone could possibly find Homer likable considering all this. Homer's a saint in 'Homer's Enemy' compared to the way he acts this episode.

  28. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    123 Fake St.
    Posts
    4,544


    I never said he was likable, I said he wasn't unlikable. I don't actually recall him torturing parrots and that, so I'll probably have to watch it again, but I just think some people on here are overreacting at the things he did, with the obvious exception of those 4 you mentioned.

  29. #87
    . TheForbiddenDonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,787


    He shook Ray Patterson's parrot's cage violently, clearly giving it a lot of distress. His jerkassery just stands out so much to me in this episode.

  30. #88
    NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,065


    Even if Homer wasn't a jerkass (which he was), the jokes were unfunny, the plot uninteresting, and the pacing noticeably askew.

  31. #89
    formerly Keyser Soze Imperciph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I ain't sayin' nothin'
    Posts
    3,247


    It manages to be of acceptable quality despite Homer. It's he who brings the quality of the episode down, the other gags work to a certain extent, the satire (while not present not much) is at an serviceable level, the musical number is good by any standard, but writing of Homer damages the whole episode. Write a less irritable Homer (to the audience, not to the characters in the show, like in Homer's Enemy where he's pretty goddamn irritating to Grimes but likeable to most of the audience) and this would've been much better.
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

  32. #90
    Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,720


    Quote Originally Posted by TFD
    and Homer was for some irrational reason angry with the garbagemen for an unbelievably minor incident.
    Pffft. He got angry at the garbage men for a pretty damn good reason imo. They ignored him, they didn't do their job, he suffered and so he got pissed off. Not like he over-acted there either. He yelled at them from a distance and called them "trash eating stinkbags", probably because he was pissed off,. Nope. Unless you're being totally outrageous then this instance of Homer's behaviour was understandable.

    Quote Originally Posted by TFD
    But I mean Homer doesn't even know the guy and he just walks into the guy's office with the biggest asshole attitude ever.
    Well he's a public servant and the general theory of public servants is that their offices should always be open to the electorate You know, seeing as it's them who the public servants represent and such. And besides, he was pissed off about his garbage. I remember when I got a parking ticket I wrote an angry letter. Homer's even angrier than me, so his marching into the office with an attitude is understandable.

    Quote Originally Posted by TFD
    Oh yeah, then he cuts his freaking brakes, if that's not an attempt to cause death or serious injury I don't know what is.
    Hey, hey! You've got no evidence of that. Homer was just being witty, and we've seen him be witty before ("I guess you could say he was barking up the wrong bush")

    Quote Originally Posted by TFD
    Then he kicks a woman down because he wants to do something stupid
    Eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    I guess the reason I never particularly noticed that is because I thought most of the things he did were just plain funny
    Yes me too. I call it "pragmatism" :silly: You know, since The Simpsons is a comedy then things that are funny, which this episode is full of imo, should be written in at every opportunity. So long as the show doesn't become too reliant on cheap humour, which it hadn't at this point, then there's no problem. Of course, if they can manage to write things that are hilarious that are at the same time, outstanding in every way, then I'd obviously prefer that to Homer's jerkassy characterisation. That's probably why I don't rank this episode as #1, heh.

    Quote Originally Posted by TFD
    Then I don't see how anyone could possibly find Homer likable considering all this.
    Yeah no-one seriously watches The Simpsons this way. "OMG is that funny? Would I do it in real life? Hmmm, I think I would, hence LOL"

    Quote Originally Posted by HarleenQuinn
    the plot uninteresting
    How? So far as I can tell, the idea of Homer gaining a position in the public sector is pretty interesting, as was his campaign and his typically Homer-logic-esque way of solving a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by HarleenQuinn
    and the pacing noticeably askew.
    You say that so often it's lost all meaning. How is the pacing "noticeably askew"?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •