2 1.05%

3 1.58%

31 16.32%

152 80.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R/R Flaming Moe's

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned

I've loved this episode for years, and I've always considered it classic material. However, (I feel ashamed for saying this, but it has to be said) giving it a 5/5 is an overstatement, because this episode, while brilliant, could be improved in some minor ways. I'll give it a 9/10; for fantastic humour, great animation, and the greatest song the show has ever featured (and flawlessly brilliant visuals to go with it).

I don't think it's 100% perfect (because I only reserve that for my favourite episodes of all time), but it's really not far off.

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away..."

this episode is with no doubt, one of my favourites. Like the story around homer and moe a lot. 5/5

Junior Camper

One of the high points of the early years. 5/5.

5/5. Loved it so much, especially Hugh Jass and the song.

Lol however, the ending always really bugged me, but almost in a good way. I hate it when they get Homer or someone really close to something great, then just take it away. I know it would obviously ruin the show if they gave him $500,000, though. It was kinda the same in The Homer They Fall.
    "Marge, it takes two people to lie: One to lie and one to listen."

Junior Camper

All-time classic. Great writing, script, dialogue and plot. Everything just seemed to work well here, including the jokes

I also liked the Cheers spoof, which I only realized in retrospect because I was slightly too young to appreciate "Cheers" when it was on and was very young when Shelley Long left so all the resemblances between the female bartender and Diane Chambers were totally lost on me.

5/5 for me

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the most classic episodes ever. 5/5.

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

I can't understand how some people call it one of the best of the entire show, let alone the best of season 3. The plot was decent, most of the jokes were weak, and the characterizations were interesting, but nothing spectacular stemmed from this episode. It feels very lax to me in about every regard. 3/5
    Last edited by Tamaki Suoh; 07-08-2008 at 01:29 PM.

5/5 A classic, of course. Great plotting, lots of LOLs, and Edna hitting on Joey Kramer.

The drink recipe itself is brilliant, BTW. Cough syrup? Haha.

the original Sex Pistol

This is just perfect in every single way. A+++

Definitely one of the best of season 3. Gotta love the Flaming Moes. 5/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

i always liked moe episodes, 5/5

shake your ragdoll baby

my favorite episode. I remember watching it at a really young age.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Flaming Moe's is pure Simpsons. An appealing plot facing my favorite character and my favorite secondary, countless doses of hilarity, perfectly-depicted characterizations and a talented writing that, after all, made this masterpiece and lots of other great classic episodes look so easy that the decline in newer seasons seems to be inexplicable and unjustifiable.

I love every single scene of this episode. Actually, I fell in love with it since my first view. Instantly. That is probably the main reason for my overrating, but I watch and rewatch it and it looks even better after each review. I died laughing with Homer's sarcasm and the following Moe hallucinations (these two scenes are both peaks of the Spanish dubbing in translation and interpretation), Bart taking alcoholic drinks to the school, the Flaming Homer's creation's flashback and lots of other great moments in the story. Moe was at his best characterization ever, acting like a bastard with Homer but still keeping the empathy and the ability to share his success and subsequent failure with the spectator, and Homer was great and extremely funny like every classic appearance of him. Aerosmith made a really good performance (and I love the scene where Moe sings with them with no reason at all), and even Lisa's friends at the beginning were hilarious and made an appealing introduction to the main plot. And the Flaming Moe's song was one of the best ever in the show.

Therefore, this is an instant classic at all. 7th on my top10.

10/10

5/5 definetly in my top 20 list

The definitive Moe episode. I'm having trouble finding many flaws in this; Moe's intern was a pretty uninteresting character, but that's all that stands out to me in an otherwise hilarious episode, and a candidate for my favorite of Season 3.
    5/5
    Season 21:
    Homer the Whopper: C, Bart Gets a Z: C+, The Great Wife Hope: B-, Treehouse of Horror XX: B, The Devil Wears Nada: C-, Pranks & Greens: C, Rednecks & Broomsticks: D+, O Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B, Thursdays With Abie: D, Once Upon a Time in Springfield: C+, Million Dollar Maybe: C-

A classic. This episode defined Moe as the character he is today.

5/5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    Still got free cheese :gatorshrug:

I just LOVE this episode because some of our favorite Springfieldians are at their best characterizations, like Moe (duh) and Mrs. Krabapple. Can you imagine knowing what your teacher was like after hours? Not saying all teachers were weird after hours, but people are surprising sometimes...

"Mrs. Krabapple, I need my drumsticks..."
    "Come and get 'em!"

The SNPP states that when Lisa requested a Virgin Moe, she would've had flaming cough syrup. Unless non-alcoholic versions of the drinks were bought specially, maybe. Mmm, flaming cough syrup.
    ~Kristen~
    : http://darfurherald.wordpress.com/

March's quote: "We come to honor Bloody Guts Murphy..."--Timothy Lovejoy

Very entertaining, as people have mentioned much broadening of Moe and Mrs Krabappel's characters. I also really enjoyed the role of Moe's new bar lady and Homer's last line.

4.5/5

Junior Camper

Flaming moes is an exellent and well written episode,almost every single episode on season three was but flaming moes was one out of the ten best on the entire season,one of my favourite scenes from the episode would have to be when Homer tells every one at Moe's bar the secret ingredient and then he falls on top of Aerosmith. 10/10 and an A.
    Last edited by JimBob; 07-16-2010 at 08:07 AM.

This episode is as close to perfection you can get. I really cannot find a single flaw in anything about this episode. This episode is the definition of what a Simpsons episode should be like. 5/5

Blog Entries

Wonderful episode. Very funny, but has some moments of emotion in between. 5/5.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuio View Post
    [ Moe was at his best characterization ever, acting like a bastard with Homer but still keeping the empathy and the ability to share his success and subsequent failure with the spectator.
    The episode is fantastic and a total classic but if I were in the mood of saying anything bad about it I have always found Moe to be a little too much of a bastard for no reason, other than...money, which I guess it's a reason that usually makes people acts like bastards in real life, but I don't know...even at the end it seems that Homer forgives him a little too easily.

I know Moe is not perfect by any means, but I see him like Homer's friend, he usually gives him advice.

I actually find it more natural when a character like Krusty acts like a bastard, cause you know, he's just an angry celebrity that couldn't give a shit about average citizen. So even though he's eventually aware of his friendship with Bart he tends to forgot it cause he is rich and famous and the other people are not.

I would say that maybe Moe Baby Blues has the best Moe characterization ever, in which the balance between the good and bad aspects of his personality makes him a flawed but likeable man.

I guess it's subjective though. I am not sure if hum being more likeable means a better characterization of him, but I just like him better that way.

Of course, while Moe Baby Blues is a very good episode Flaming Moe's is still quite better, I'm just talking about Moe's character, not the rest of the plot or the gags.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Another incredible episode in Season 3! The writers were just dishing them out back then! I love Homer's little story on how he came to invent a drink at his own house (didn't want to see Patty and Selma's vacation clips, ran out of beer, and used all the drops of alcohol he could possibly find).

This doesn't really have to do with the episode but around 6 years ago (the first time I had seen this episode) once I had finished watching this episode my brother and I had enjoyed it so much it inspired us to make up our own drink. I forget what we decided to mix up but there was a bunch of stuff coca-cola, ice cream etc.

The only thing I don't really like about this episode (and it isn't very important) is Homer doesn't seem to express his anger towards Moe right away. It seems as if he sort of lets Moe say it's his own drink and gives up right away (that's not like Homer). But I guess Homer catches himself up later when he puts that cape over half of his head.

The atmosphere in Moe's bar is wonderful throughout the episode and I do really like the ending to this episode (Moe and Homer back together like two best friends).

4.75/5

It can't be all bad. -_- gilfan's Avatar

The best episode of season 3 and quite possibly the best of the series. A

Ah, a classic among classics!

I forget, was this the first time we see how desperate and man-hungry Mrs. Krabappel is?

Quote Originally Posted by Insecthero View Post

I forget, was this the first time we see how desperate and man-hungry Mrs. Krabappel is?
    Yeah, I think it was ! I really like this one small scene in the episode that brings out this newly man-hungry Mrs. Krabappel very well: Homer is entering Moe's and Mrs. Krabappel gets in his way and Homer's says something like "I don't have time for you!" (sort of pushing her aside if I remember rightly).

Actually, it ain't the first. I completely forgot about 1) her getting it on with the fat sushi chef in "One Fish, Two Fish..." and 2) her great "Mrs Robinson" scene in "Lisa's Substitute!"

Definitely, 5!!
    Fantastic episode!

Moe is a heartless bastard in this or, as usual. 4/5

Blog Entries

Yeah I hate Moe in this episode. B-

Thread Information