Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2816

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Alright, review time;

SIMPSONS #150 - Nothing too special looking at the synopsis...a standard length issue with a panoramic cover and a poster. Nothing like #50 or even #100. Reading it, I found it to be one of the funniest issues in a long time. There was something about this story that screamed "special", and I think it deserved to be #150. Some of the designs were a bit awkward, but the script held up the entire way through. I loved the montage of Homer coming to Skinner's office. Well done Ian Boothby, one of your best yet.

SIMPSONS #152 - Very straightforward and got into the plot rather quickly, just like Bates' last several issues (namely #135 and #139). Wonderful art, and the ending wrapped it up really nicely - I enjoyed the callback to an earlier part of the story. Really quite good, my second favourite James Bates issue (behind #58)

BART SIMPSON #47 - I don't know why, but the Bart comics have been a bit disappointing lately. I found the 30's issues to be among the most enjoyable of the series, but 41 onwards have been somewhat mediocre to be honest. This wasn't much of an exception. The first story was alright, but seemed a lot like that Maximum Bart story from #2, and I'm kinda getting tired of these Bart/Frink stories (just like those terrible Maggie and Moe ones). The Lisa story just plain sucked. Sorry, but the mystery behind Langdon Alger was the fact that we never, ever saw him in that episode. Showing him in this was just as unforgiveable as showing Farnsworth's eyes in Futurama #29. The only redeemable aspect was the L'il Krusty stories, which retains Mary Trainor's reputation of great satirical humour.

FREE FOR ALL 2009 - Some alright stories. The most enjoyable was the Leela/Amy one that was originally in Futurama Conquers the Universe. If anyone that can't wait until this weekend to pick up their own copy, the other stories are the crappy Krusty comic book one from Bart #41, and the Pieman/Cupcake Kid switch places from Super Spectacular #5.

FUTURAMA #42 - A bit disappointing considering Verrone's past scripts (though not so much when you remember he wrote A Leela of Her Own). Great art, but dampened by horrible colours (Seymour is grey, not brown, Bongo!)...not an overall great script, I only smiled once - when the leader wanted Fry to take him for a walk.

I cant even review Simpsons #153 considering only half the issue is present...and is printed twice in my copy. I have the first 8 pages of the laundry story, and the last half of whatever Marge and Homer are doing with Lurleen.
    Last edited by Charlie; 04-30-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Can't wait for free comic book day. for subsriptions do you guys do it through Bongo and they send it to you in the mail or do you do it through your comic book store because i know the guy who owns the two local comic shops and I just have them hold me a copy of each months issue. would save on gas though if they sent 'em straight to your house
    Thanks for the awesome times King of the Hill!

Nah, Bongo doesn't and I don't think ever has done subscriptions - only it's international licencees (for example, Otter Press in Australia offers subscriptions of the Australian editions to people here and in New Zealand; Titan, the publishers of the UK edition, offer worldwide subscriptions for their titles). I prefer the US edition over the Australian one (the US ones are literally targeted at all ages, while the Australian ones have become so childish, and it's really horrible opening them up to see goddamn Barbie comic ads plastered everywhere). I get mine sent up from the nearest comic store every month...I get the normal Simpsons ones, Bart Simpson, Futurama, Treehouse of Horror and Super Spectacular. Whenever there's a 'special' issue out that Im really interested in (like Summer Shindig or Winter Wing Ding) I usually give them a call and ask if they can put a copy in with my stuff.

This store is how I got my original 1995 edition of Lisa Comics #1

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    This store is how I got my original 1995 edition of Lisa Comics #1

I got that issue a few weeks ago thought it was good.

anyway I just got the FCB on Saturday along with a bunch of other comics. The prize of the day though was Simpsons Comics presents Bart Simpson Comic #9 signed by the executive producer Christopher Ungar . I started reading the FCB and I thought the first story was really funny.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh, I agree Ivan. The Australian versions of the comics are terrible. I've been getting the US versions from around issue #60. So much better.

Yeah, my first US issue was #109. The last Australian issue I got was #122, because for some reason the store missed out sending me that issue so I didn't really have any other choice.
    They're also getting totally ridiculous with the reprints. They have Simpsons Classics, and then also release the standard Simpsons Comics reprints every month - so in a year or so Simpsons Classics will start reprinting the stories we're already getting reprinted right now. Not to mention those digest paperbacks they release, which were the exact same issues that were coming out in Classics. No one wants to pay 3 times for the same comic, just because it has a slightly different cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico32 View Post
    I got that issue a few weeks ago thought it was good.

anyway I just got the FCB on Saturday along with a bunch of other comics. The prize of the day though was Simpsons Comics presents Bart Simpson Comic #9 signed by the executive producer Christopher Ungar . I started reading the FCB and I thought the first story was really funny.
    Chris Ungar's even a member here, he's posted in this thread a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Chris Ungar's even a member here, he's posted in this thread a few times.
    never knew that

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Is there something wrong with my local newsagent or are australians getting it later, issue 151 still hasn't arrived. Should it have?
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

Blog Entries

haha i got to read the new bart simpson comics issue and they actually had langdon alger as a character. i was like haha are you kidding me (not in a bad way)
    calmer than you are

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just read the Summer Shindig #3. I usually enjoy these ones, along with the Winter Wing-Dings. But this one was just bad. I don't exactly know why I didn't like it, but it just felt boring. Ah well, hopefully the next one is better.

If you're a comic book fan, and are at least passingly aware of how most modern super hero comics (Especially marvel) are 155 takes some really funny jabs at it all, especially Civil War and Skrulls.

Funny thing is though, is that the whole "find out in the next issue" thing that's one of the comic conventions it makes fun of actually works pretty well for the comic in general. I've said it before, I think the comic should take advantage of the format more often and do multi issue type of things. Definitely will pick up the other two when they come out.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I'm looking to pick up Summer Shindig, the latest Futurama and the first of the Radioactive Man crossover next week!

I'm not in a rush to get Simpsons Comics Hit the Road as the next TPB won't be for another year

My parents are (hopefully) driving out to visit in October, which is the perfect way to get my Simpsons Comics collection to me. If all goes well, I'll post a photo of my stacks of funny books sealed in Mylar bags.
    UP AND ATOM!

hello,
    in germany we've got two new variants

simpsons comics #152 limited to 555
    &
    super spektakel #3 limited to 444

both were presented at comicfestival in munich and everybody could got a signature from mike rote (smart guy, best wishes to you)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the worst person ever

over 1950 simpsons comics from 18 countries
    i dislike your grubby little hands on my precious comics

Is there a website anywhere that previews upcoming Bongo Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ahhgoobras View Post
    Is there something wrong with my local newsagent or are australians getting it later, issue 151 still hasn't arrived. Should it have?
    The Australian comics are printed four months after they come out in the US. #151 came out in June in Australia, while it came out in February in America. The current American issue, #155, will be out here in Aus in October.

So I picked up the Super Spectacular finale to the big Radioactive Man event!

Too bad the comic store didn't have the Simpsons or Bart Simpson parts 1&2... checking Borders Books tonight.

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

i got the radioactive man event pt. one from books a million a few weeks ago. they did not have the others

Is #156 the current Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoney2112 View Post
    Is #156 the current Issue?
    yeah, 15. July

yeah, 15. July Thanks.

Just finished the 3-part Radioactive Man event. Really great stuff. It felt like one massive story rather than When Bongos Collide, which felt more like four stories featuring segways in the last few pages.

Lots of focus on the Three Men And A Comic Book trio of Bart, Martin and Milhouse. Dozens of excellent references to "new" unseen Radioactive Man stories. The buildup to the big change was a letdown, in a good way.

Way to go Bongo!

Funniest moment: The passing of the bolt.

Banned

Here are the comics I have:

Quote Originally Posted by The Robot Devil View Post

Great to know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bartyboy View Post

Are you coming onto me?

No, not really.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Are you coming onto me?

I Believe he was paying out your non-nerdy small comic collection

Quote Originally Posted by ahhgoobras View Post
    I Believe he was paying out your non-nerdy small comic collection
    I concur, very un-nerdy

Blog Entries

i only have like 3 or 4 comics, and i don't know which ones they are, they are all about Bart

Thread Information