Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

I don't believe they've actually made Pie Man into a comic book hero! Wonder if the Cupcake Kid will feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bartley
    thanks Adam

thank god Ian Boothby isn't writing
    Yes, thank you Lord. Oh holiest of fathers from taking time away from making gravity work to make sure I take a break.

Oh great, now the cat's floating.

I don't really understand the negativity aimed at Simpsons Comics. They're always fun, and Ian Boothby's are some of my favorites. Just the nature of the internet, I guess.

If anyone's interested, I've started a new website and blog devoted to Simpsons comics in general and Simpsons-related superheroes in particular:

http://www.supersimpsons.com
    http://superspringfield.blogspot.com/

Red = Danger

Me to I like Boothby stories. I don't know why people hate those so much... Is the Super Spectacular is good?

I enjoyed it. More info here and here.

personality goes a long way Toli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bartley
    Simpsons Super Spectacular #1 OUT NOW!:
    The Simpsons have met many villains and donned many a heroic guise over the years, and now this brand-new series of twice-a-year specials from Bongo Comics will tell more of their exciting tales! Witness the cream-filled fury of Pieman (a.k.a. Homer Simpson) when an evil doppelganger seeks to tarnish his indignant and indulgent identity! Then, follow Bartman and Houseboy (Bart/Milhouse) into a parallel world when they find themselves in the bizarrely-altered world of Shelbyville. Add to the mix a trilogy of Radioactive Man tales inspired by the storytelling of Steve Ditko, and you have got one spectacular Simpsons special.
    Sounds great. Simpsons Comics is very weak nowadays.

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

...Simpsons Comics is very weak nowadays.
    I have to disagree. Maybe it's just me, but Simpsons Comics have definitely been getting better recently. The art has improved a lot and we've hopefully seen the last of the thick and thin lining. #107 was a great mystery-themed one and felt very fresh and original. #108 was good, although I felt characterisations were a little off. #109 was great except the ending and ending to the subplot. A lot of the jokes are hitting home now, like in #109, Arnie Pie: "The sky isn't big enough for the both of us!" Frink: "Actually it is, my good man...". Bart Simpson comics are still great, and Super Spectacular #1 was a very clever addition to the series. Congratulations to all who work on them.

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

Quote Originally Posted by simplysimpsons
    I have to disagree. Maybe it's just me, but Simpsons Comics have definitely been getting better recently. The art has improved a lot and we've hopefully seen the last of the thick and thin lining. #107 was a great mystery-themed one and felt very fresh and original. #108 was good, although I felt characterisations were a little off. #109 was great except the ending and ending to the subplot. A lot of the jokes are hitting home now, like in #109, Arnie Pie: "The sky isn't big enough for the both of us!" Frink: "Actually it is, my good man...". Bart Simpson comics are still great, and Super Spectacular #1 was a very clever addition to the series. Congratulations to all who work on them.
    Thanks, Simplysimpsons. We try very hard to make the comics as good and as close to the TV show as possible. However, I have to take exception to your comment that the characterizations are off. I've been involved with Matt's characters longer than most of the show writers and a big part of my job is to make sure that the motivations and voices of the characters are spot on. Over the last fifteen years I've developed sort of a spidey sense and can usually tell when a characterization is off in a script. And I have to say, that when Ian is writing, I rarely have to worry about that.
    That being said, I'm not perfect and there is always room for improvement in any creative endeavor. I welcome comments and criticisms. My mortgage doesn't get paid without you Simpson fans. 8-)

Stonecutter

Wow, THE Bill Morrison is posting! Just out of curiosity, do the artists and writers at Bongo lurk here on a regular basis?

Red = Danger

How much time does it takes to make a comics?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGI
    How much time does it takes to make a comics?
    With elves, one night. Without, slightly longer.

It takes me about a week in total for the writing portion of an issue.

Red = Danger

Wow thanks Ian! You are my favorite comics writer. I really liked Simpsons Comics 103 who is my favorite one and had been wrote by you...

Also, do you think that one day Simpsons Comics will be translated in french? They are in France, but in Quebec, nothing!
    Last edited by JSGI; 09-25-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGI
    Wow thanks Ian! You are my favorite comics writer. I really liked Simpsons Comics 103 who is my favorite one and had been wrote by you...

Also, do you think that one day Simpsons Comics will be translated in french? They are in France, but in Quebec, nothing!
    And yet ironically I was born in Quebec. Double ironically I speak no French. You'd have to ask Bongo about the translations. I'm not sure.

Wow! Welcome Mr. Morrison, glad to have you here. And glad to see Ian Boothby still writing, too. I really appreciate when people like you take some time to talk with the fans. Thanks and congratulations.

I have a question, why does it take so long to release the compilations of Simpsons Comics (Barn Burner, Belly Buster and so on) and Bart Simpsons Comics (B... B... Books Of Bart Simpson)? Those are the ones I buy because the spanish releases are too expensive and badly translated. But they seem to be released one of each a year, which seems really few to me.

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

Yeah. Its really cool that we can talk to the writers. Albeit the comics, but good enough.

I do have to admit that some of the latest issues in the UK. (The one where Krusty and Sophie move in with the Simpsons as Marge's Life Coach, Coach me if you can I think was the title) are very crazy. But I still buy them for the collectors value.

Maybe you could also PM people on NHC future plot lines and ask for their opinions and ways on how to improve it since people around here, are sort of not appriciative of your work. (Only a suggestion here though.)

Gary.

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forums. I am a long time simpsons collector from Australia.

Would you guys keep me up to date on Simpsons comics?

I have
    1. Treehouse of Horrors 1,2,3
    2. Itchy and Scratchy 1
    3. Bartman 4
    4. Bartman 5
    5. Bartman 6
    6. The Simpsons: Extravaganza (1-4)
    7. The Simpsons: Bartman Best of the Best (Bartman 1,2,3 SC5, I&S 3)
    8. The Simpsons: Spectaular (6-9)
    9. The Simpsons: Simpsorama (11-14)
    10. The Simpsons: Strike Back (15-18)
    11. The Simpsons: Wingading (19-23)
    12. The Simpsons: On Parade (24-27)
    13. The Simpsons: Big Bononza (28-31)
    14. The Simpsons: Unchained (36-42)
    15. The Simpsons: Madness (43-48)
    16. Simpsons Summer Special

Would you please tell me any reprinted many-in-one books I missed to date?

Thanks.

My comics site

Hey everyone. I'm new here.
    Thought I'd ask whether anyone here was a fan of the Simpsons comics. If so, then visit my new site
    http://groups.msn.com/SimpsonsFutura..._whatsnew.msnw
    It is only new, so I'd love for a few people to join the messageboards. At least have a look at it. I am currently in the process of putting up all the issues.
    Thanks guys, and I look forward to contributing at this site.

Red = Danger

Quote Originally Posted by Ja‪de
    Hello everyone.

I am new to the forums. I am a long time simpsons collector from Australia.

Would you guys keep me up to date on Simpsons comics?

I have
    1. Treehouse of Horrors 1,2,3
    2. Itchy and Scratchy 1
    3. Bartman 4
    4. Bartman 5
    5. Bartman 6
    6. The Simpsons: Extravaganza (1-4)
    7. The Simpsons: Bartman Best of the Best (Bartman 1,2,3 SC5, I&S 3)
    8. The Simpsons: Spectaular (6-9)
    9. The Simpsons: Simpsorama (11-14)
    10. The Simpsons: Strike Back (15-18)
    11. The Simpsons: Wingading (19-23)
    12. The Simpsons: On Parade (24-27)
    13. The Simpsons: Big Bononza (28-31)
    14. The Simpsons: Unchained (36-42)
    15. The Simpsons: Madness (43-48)
    16. Simpsons Summer Special

Would you please tell me any reprinted many-in-one books I missed to date?

Thanks.
    I don't know for Australia, but here in America we also have

Simpsons Comics A-go-go (10,32,33,34,35)
    Simpsons Comics Royale (50, Krusty 1,2,3, Lisa 1)
    Simpsons Comics Belly Buster (49, 51-56)
    Simpsons Comics Barn Burner (57-61, 63)
    Simpsons Holiday Humdinger (15, 52, 79, Itchy & Scratchy Hi-Jinx Issue)

Bart Simpson Comics:
    Big Book (1,2,3,4)
    Big Bad Book (5,6,7,8)
    Big Bratty Book (9,10,11,12)
    Big Beefy Book (13,14,15,16)

Treehouse of Horrors Spooktacular (4,5,6)
    Treehouse of Horror Fun-Filled Frightfest (7,8)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    Wow, THE Bill Morrison is posting! Just out of curiosity, do the artists and writers at Bongo lurk here on a regular basis?
    I don't lurk as often as Ian. I think he and I are the only ones. Everyone else is busy actually working on comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertuybrush
    Wow! Welcome Mr. Morrison, glad to have you here. And glad to see Ian Boothby still writing, too. I really appreciate when people like you take some time to talk with the fans. Thanks and congratulations.

I have a question, why does it take so long to release the compilations of Simpsons Comics (Barn Burner, Belly Buster and so on) and Bart Simpsons Comics (B... B... Books Of Bart Simpson)? Those are the ones I buy because the spanish releases are too expensive and badly translated. But they seem to be released one of each a year, which seems really few to me.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! The trades come out on Harper Collin's schedule. They don't want to put out too many books too close to each other because (the prevailing wisdom is) it cuts down on sales.
    We also produce the original books for them (The Bart Book, The Homer Book, Bart's Guide to Life, etc.) and the calendars, so they like to space this stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Yeah. Its really cool that we can talk to the writers. Albeit the comics, but good enough.

Maybe you could also PM people on NHC future plot lines and ask for their opinions and ways on how to improve it since people around here, are sort of not appriciative of your work. (Only a suggestion here though.)

Gary.
    Let's take a vote. How many like the comics in general and how many think they could be improved by members of this group. I'll wait while you fight amongst yourselves.

Stonecutter

Well, Mr. Bill Morrison, as the last you posted here (which was a few years ago, looking back in the NHC archives) I wasn't a member yet, I never got a chance to compliment you on the wonderful "Springfield, USA" poster you drew with the hundreds of Simpsons characters standing next to each other. It's really one of the best, most original ideas I've ever seen for a wall poster and is done so well with such attention to detail. Great job!

Now here's something I've always wondered about. Roughly what percentage of all Simpsons characters that appeared on the show at the point are actually on the poster? It looks to be almost every single on, but I'm sure there are some that are missing. There's a caricature of John Swartzelder, for instance, but none of the other Simpsons writers can be found in the poster.

Oh, by the way, did you draw the Futurama "Space Pilot 3000" poster (which I guess was also sold as a giclee originally)? Another one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Morrison
    I don't lurk as often as Ian. I think he and I are the only ones. Everyone else is busy actually working on comics.
    Getting back to work boss...

Ah, thanks but if you give me pictures, it will be alot helpful.

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

I may be able to get links on Amazon where you can buy the items that you want. PM me any item (Books, DVD, Board Games, Video Games whatever)

These items that I have missed to date XP

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

I have just received an e-mail from my local comic book shop (The Comic Gallery in Escondido, CA):

Issue #110 of 'Simpsons Comics' willbe out tomorrow-SBBED .D

Quote Originally Posted by B. Morrison
    The trades come out on Harper Collin's schedule. They don't want to put out too many books too close to each other because (the prevailing wisdom is) it cuts down on sales.
    We also produce the original books for them (The Bart Book, The Homer Book, Bart's Guide to Life, etc.) and the calendars, so they like to space this stuff out.
    Thanks!

One more thing (for the moment): What happened with the book "Lisa Simpson, Girl Detective: The Case of the Stolen Stacy", that appeared on Amazon and disappeared a little after?

At my site I have pictures of all the old Simpsons and Futurama comics (at least I will when I finish it) I've got the first 40 on so far as well as crossovers, Krusty's, Bartmans, etc. Check it out:
    http://groups.msn.com/SimpsonsFutur.../_whatsnew.msnw
    I just put the Crossover Crisis on yesterday.

I am also working on a Springfield MUD, where you can walk around in Springfield.

My 'springfield MUD' RPG game is up and running. All you have to do is create a character and then you can visit places such as Moes, the Kwik-E-Mart, the Power Plant, the Retirement Castle, the Church, Fat Tony's hideout and the Elementary school.
    Check it out, sign up and I'm sure it'll be fun.

Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar

You can visit the church? Cool.

How do you get to this RPG? Is it the same address you mentioned above?

I just tried the address Johnadamsjr posted. It doesn't seem to work. I keep getting a MSN error saying they can't find the page.

Thanks to CousinMerl for this great sig!

Bowser Basher!

Wow, Ian Boothby and Bill Morrison post here in the NHC? Welcome! I love the comics and can't wait for the next issue! Wait a minute, the next issue is out today! I forgot! *runs to newsagents*
    I'm not dansam anymore! Now I'm Thank you, Das Butt for the awesome sig!

Thread Information